Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)
The City of Newhampton Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what time is it?
  five thirty eight PM central time
  a time
  PARTY TIME!!!!! w00t!
  i cant tell time....*wah*
  nunya business, bub! now lets do this thing!
View Results

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:01 am
((silly Jinxle))
Shadow washed her hands and fixed her hair. She straightened her skirt and went out. The girl was sitting at a table now, reading a book. Now that Shadow was closer, she could see how beautiful the girl was. She was too pretty to be so young. Shadow also saw wisdom and age in the girl's face.
She is not human...
Shadow took her seat back at her table and smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry. Emergency."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:05 am
((time to give others a chance to respond))  

peek-a-boo sparkle

Liberal Voter

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:06 am
((yeahs. nighty night. im not logging off, but i probably will be soon. five is as late as i should be up. gonna try and get up around 11 or 12. ive got that project to do. *sob* so much work...))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:53 pm
((POST YOU BASTARDS!!! otherwise imma gonna log off and go finish my project. i really need to...*sob*))  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:35 pm
Emi glanced up unwillingly as she noticed the pale red-eyed lady rush towards the bathroom. She then gasped in surprise as she noticed her foot phasing out at the edges.

That...certainly isn't something I'm familiar with. Is she the strong aura I felt at the door? Emi wondered briefly.

Then, from her peripheral vision, Emi finally took notice of a young girl in a simple white dress. Nothing seemed unusual about her, but at the same time something seemed...off. Emi frowned as she lost herself in concentration. For some reason, she couldn't get a good reading of this girl's aura. Was she by chance surpressing it?

This is certainly proving to be an unusual day.

Emi decided to be a little more active in getting her answers. The truth was she had become more than a little curious about the others currently in the library. She stood up then and moved towards a shelf that was nearest the girl, and pretended to be searching for something on this shelf while secretly analyzing the girl from the back corner of her eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:02 pm
feeling another energy trying to feel her aura, Syre instinctively suppressed it as far as she could, feeling a brief pang of jealousy towards those who could fully suppress theirs. She glanced around who it could be trying to feel out her aura and her eyes immediately upon a bright blue pair of butterfly wings that had previously been on the other side of the room. She met the winged girls eyes and wafted a question at her "What is it that you want, child?"  

peek-a-boo sparkle

Liberal Voter

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:16 pm
Emi unconciously jumped in surprise as the voice intruded into her mind, dropping the book that had been in her hands. She can communicate back telepathically? Emi wondered. Then her surprise turned to confusion as one word in particular lingered.

Child.

Wait...wasn't she the older one? Then again, even though Emi had the body and appearance of a teenage human, she had only fully lived two years as a butterfly before her sudden transformation. She briefly chatisized herself for being fooled by appearances.

Emi stared fully at the girl now, not saying or thinking anything. As if nothing happened she picked up her dropped book and sat down in a chair directly across from the girl, flipping the book open as if to read.

"I was just curious about all the people that seem to gather here. I meant no harm." This comment, though spoken with her mind, was directed straight towards the girl. And at this moment, Emi was staring straight into the girl's eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm
"our kind tend to flock together, even if we couldn't see each other the way we can, we would come together. in fact it is proven to happen." Syre's rusty brown eyes shone for it had been long since she had a chance to communicate on this level. it was so much easier than speaking people, no misunderstandings, total privacy, and occasional illustrations.  

peek-a-boo sparkle

Liberal Voter

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 pm
Shadow noticed the butterfly winged girl go over to talk to the younger girl. They seemed to be communicating, but they shared no words.
I wonder what they're talking about... Shadow thought, resting her head in her hands and sighing loudly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Randall pulled up a chair and sat next to her, "Wazzup? Feeling down Miss? If you're wondering about those two," gestured over his shoulder at the two conversers, "I have a hunch that we'll meet them properly soon,"  

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 pm
"I...kind of understand what you're saying. Is that the reason why this city has an unusually high amount of non-humans? Could my desire to meet others like me be one of the reasons I turned into a human form?"

Emi's eyes shone now too. She had always been full of questions and she felt as if this girl somehow had the answers.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 pm
"Yes, it is. It is possible that you flew into a patch of loose magic and your strong desire to be human put it into motion." Syre mused over the thought and wondered how many other types of being had originated in this manner.  

peek-a-boo sparkle

Liberal Voter

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm
Emi leaned back, eyes distant, as she absorbed all this information. She couldn't personally recall flying into a patch of magic, but her powers were no where near as developed back then as they are now. It certainly left her with much to ponder.

At that moment, Emi caught the gaze of the red-eyed pale lady and...what she thought might be a gargoyle. Their gazes seemed somewhat quizzical, almost expectant.

Without turning back to her interlocker, she spoke. "I'm sure you've already noticed the other group at that table. They've been looking at us for a little while now. Do you suppose we should go over and introduce ourselves?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 pm
"Yes, i suppose so." Then adopting a more child like manner, Syre hopped down from her chair and skipped the short distance to the table that the woman and the gargoyle were seated at. "Hi, I'm Syre." Leaning forward and putting her elbows on the table and her hands on her face, she turned to look at the gargoyle smiled and said, "Whatcha doin'?"  

peek-a-boo sparkle

Liberal Voter

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 pm
Shadow shuddered as the child came over. A ripple went through her entire form. If she hadn't just taken her medicine she probably would've melted.
Shadow faked her usual smile and leaned down to meet the child's eyes. She saw that they were no child's eyes.
"Nothing much, sweetie. I'd like to ask you the same question. And aren't you a tad young to be at a public library by yourself. And you're talking to strangers. Where's your mother, Syre?"  
The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games