Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Defluffing: Why "I believe, thus it's right for me" is wrong Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm
CuAnnan
I'm still pissed off at the last Ceremonial Magickian who came in and told us all that if we weren't using CM then we weren't working to our fullest. It's patronising, it's offensive and it's ******** ignorant.
Poor Pray. He really had no clue what he was getting into.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 am
CuAnnan
I'm still pissed off at the last Ceremonial Magickian who came in and told us all that if we weren't using CM then we weren't working to our fullest. It's patronising, it's offensive and it's ******** ignorant.

I just take the perspective that it works because the gods allow it. If it falls within what they take as acceptable, it works. If not... well, it doesn't work!

Is there more to it than that?  

Movin on Up

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 pm
Movin on Up
CuAnnan

I just take the perspective that it works because the gods allow it. If it falls within what they take as acceptable, it works. If not... well, it doesn't work!

That position really only works if deities are omnipotent. If they aren't, then it's possible for their followers to do things that will work, but are still highly inappropriate.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 am
TeaDidikai
Movin on Up
CuAnnan

That position really only works if deities are omnipotent. If they aren't, then it's possible for their followers to do things that will work, but are still highly inappropriate.

True. I just take them as rulers of whatever theyre the God/dess of.  

Movin on Up

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 am
TeaDidikai
Movin on Up
CuAnnan

And what if you don't have deities! *gasps*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Movin on Up
CuAnnan

Uhm, how would it follow through as a religion? Unless its basically a philosophy or atheism I don't follow.  

Movin on Up

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 am
Movin on Up
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Movin on Up
CuAnnan

Uhm, how would it follow through as a religion? Unless its basically a philosophy or atheism I don't follow.

There are atheistic religions.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 pm
Recursive Paradox

I think that he's looking for a guiding structure that would prohibit such conduct in those cases.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

I think that he's looking for a guiding structure that would prohibit such conduct in those cases.

Oh you mean a prohibiting element of the religion that would prevent certain deeds from occurring? It would either have to come from some element of the supernatural metaphysics within the religion (cause -> effect that sucks) or enforced by beings that aren't deities.

Or just from the philosophy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm
Did PrometheanSet leave? ninja  

Gho the Girl

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:38 pm
Gho the Girl

I think so. He's now showing up in the Member List anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Gho the Girl

I think so. He's now showing up in the Member List anyways.
Yep. It happens.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am
Gho the Girl
yes, after thoroughly dismissing and demeaning not only the participants, but even those who had no clue of what was going on until he pmed them, he called it quits.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 pm
saint dreya
Gho the Girl
yes, after thoroughly dismissing and demeaning not only the participants, but even those who had no clue of what was going on until he pmed them, he called it quits.

*sighs* no one ever PMs me to demean me these days, I feel so unhated emo  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm
Cyrus the Elder
saint dreya
Gho the Girl
*sighs* no one ever PMs me to demean me these days, I feel so unhated emo
sorry? neutral  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas