Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
DB's Ecclectic Christian Heresy. Oaths added. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:55 am
rmcdra
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
And the godless heathens are left out in the cold. ninja
You have your path we have ours. Some paths are not for everyone. But we can give you love too. *Opens arms offering a hug to Tea*
I guess I'm still not familiar enough to you to offer you a hug sad .
This isn't the place for such a discussion.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm
TeaDidikai
And the godless heathens are left out in the cold. ninja
As one who loves all as myself (or tries to) allow me to bring you into the warmth of my hug *huuuuuuugs*  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:18 am
TeaDidikai
What sacraments and sacramentals would you hold dear?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:35 am
TeaDidikai
TeaDidikai
What sacraments and sacramentals would you hold dear?
I hold communion very dear. I like baptism.
I can't think of what other sacraments I hold dear. I probably hold more dear, just not sure what I do or don't.
What are sacramentals?  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 am
Gho the Girl
I hold communion very dear.
What forms of communion? Prayer? Confession? Bread and Wine? The Washing of Feet?
Quote:

I like baptism.
Do you sprinkle or emerse? Do you perform it repeatedly within context or is it a once per lifetime event?
Quote:

I can't think of what other sacraments I hold dear. I probably hold more dear, just not sure what I do or don't.
Cool! Let's explore! The classic sacraments were as follows:

Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick
Confirmation
Eucharist
Holy Orders
Baptism
Marriage

Quote:
What are sacramentals?
That link should help. "Sacramentals" as a term is often applied to holy objects- such as the wine, salt, incense, holy water, etc.

But the other sacramentals are important to consider too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:54 am
The sacramentals I prefer are posture, action, and relation.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:32 am
Gho the Girl
The sacramentals I prefer are posture, action, and relation.
Fair enough.

How about dan?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am
I don't know if it will work for you but I do tarot meditations for my private worship and to figure out what I need to focus in my spiritual development. I use Valentin Tomberg's book as a guide to help me understand what teaching I should focus on. Unfortunately I don't understand the minor Arcana enough to get use out of it. I'm not really sure where I should look. I was thinking something by Jung or Hollier.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:33 pm
rmcdra
I don't know if it will work for you but I do tarot meditations for my private worship and to figure out what I need to focus in my spiritual development. I use Valentin Tomberg's book as a guide to help me understand what teaching I should focus on. Unfortunately I don't understand the minor Arcana enough to get use out of it. I'm not really sure where I should look. I was thinking something by Jung or Hollier.
When reading tarot, the information presented in the cards according to my tradition is different from the major arcana in that it is more mutable.

The Major Arcana is what the universe is causing to happen.
The Minor Arcana is what you are causing to happen in response- as a result you can change it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
It's really important, and I never knew how many times in my normal life I step out, so to speak.
Agape is really ******** hard.
Especially when you're a bitter old dishwasher >.<

Or you're a arrogant hotel night clerk. >.>

Or you're a wangsty hormone-filled teenager. <.<  

Nines19

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 am
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
When reading tarot, the information presented in the cards according to my tradition is different from the major arcana in that it is more mutable.

The Major Arcana is what the universe is causing to happen.
The Minor Arcana is what you are causing to happen in response- as a result you can change it.
Well that actually gives me better perspective and gives me some ideas on how to incorporate the minor arcana into my meditations. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:29 am
@Nines19

Welcome to the party. Good to see you.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm
Hi Gho,

I just wanted to reitterate a couple of Tea's questions, since I'm not sure if you're simply considering them, or if they were missed (or if the answer was an unspoken no)

TeaDidikai
What forms of communion? Prayer? Confession? Bread and Wine? The Washing of Feet?

Do you sprinkle or emerse? Do you perform it repeatedly within context or is it a once per lifetime event?

Quote:

Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick
Confirmation
Eucharist
Holy Orders
Baptism
Marriage

It occurred to me, when I was thinking about how a Heretic Catholic might be, that Eucharist, Holy Communion, would be an interesting thing to do as a meal, and not necessarily with unleavened bread.

My thought, at the time, was that the unleavened bread was used originally because the Israelites didn't have time to wait for the bread to rise. At least, that's myth, correct?

So, Yeshua then goes and celebrates the creates the celebration of the Eucharist, on Passover, and, since he is Jewish, he uses unleavened bread. This first Eucharist establishes the new covenant, correct?

But then it seems, at least to the heretic in me, that more traditional bread could be used as well, and, if that were the case, then it also seems as though one could celebrate it much more similarly to a meal, where the celebrants all sit at a table, and one, perhaps the host, perhaps another designated person, perhaps just anyone, offers the sacrifice and distributes it to those participating.

Anyway! Just musing...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:13 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
I hold communion very dear.
Any act done for another or done with another to honor the other and honor Christ, or any act that brings one closer to another in the name of God can be communion.
Quote:

Quote:

I like baptism.

Well, were it up to me, it'd be emersion if possible, although if they're too young it'd be sprinkling. Don't want to drown the children. But I think it should be more than once in one's life. First should be a celebration of birth and signifying that a new life has come into the family and the community/church. There's another to signify that after one has decided to commit oneself to following Christ (and this shouldn't be done lightly, and it shouldn't be expected, Christ's message is hard to follow and is not for everyone, and if it is done willy nilly, it loses significance) which should happen in later teens. There should also be one where we recognise that this person has become an adult, or maybe has achieved something spiritually important.
Quote:

Quote:

Reconciliation
I like the sound of this, what does this entail?
Quote:

Anointing of the Sick
If we're performing communiont with the sick and sending prayers, goodwill, etc. then I'm down with that.
Quote:

Confirmation
Meh, I don't hold a sacrament that signifies the bond with one's church all that holy. Churches are good, and I like the one I go to, but churches aren't so spiritually necessary that we need to signify our bond with an organisation. I'd rather that bond be signified with communion.
Quote:

Eucharist
The last supper was important, and I honor it. To me, it's like a special type of communion that we do specifically with Jesus.
Quote:

Holy Orders
I honor churches that do these things, and I can see how they can help a church run and preach better. I might even become one someday.
Quote:

Baptism
Already spoke to this
Quote:

Marriage
I assume we're leaving "civil marriage" behidn for a second.

Yes, I do hold this sacrament.
Quote:

Quote:
What are sacramentals?
That link should help. "Sacramentals" as a term is often applied to holy objects- such as the wine, salt, incense, holy water, etc.

But the other sacramentals are important to consider too.
I don't think what's in the communion or the Eucharist matters all that much, it is the intent that matters. Jesus shared bread and wine because that is what is available, not because those things are holy. It could be milk and beef, and as long as you are doing it in memory of Jesus, and communing with him, that's the Eucharist, in my view. Salts, incense, holy water, I'm fine with, I "bless" things with Reiki so it's not beyond my belief for other purposes to be imbued into substances.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm
Ashley the Bee
Hi Gho,

I just wanted to reitterate a couple of Tea's questions, since I'm not sure if you're simply considering them, or if they were missed (or if the answer was an unspoken no)
I answered her questions just now. I'm sorry they weren't answered earlier, I lost internet for a couple days.
Quote:
It occurred to me, when I was thinking about how a Heretic Catholic might be, that Eucharist, Holy Communion, would be an interesting thing to do as a meal, and not necessarily with unleavened bread.

My thought, at the time, was that the unleavened bread was used originally because the Israelites didn't have time to wait for the bread to rise. At least, that's myth, correct?

So, Yeshua then goes and celebrates the creates the celebration of the Eucharist, on Passover, and, since he is Jewish, he uses unleavened bread. This first Eucharist establishes the new covenant, correct?

But then it seems, at least to the heretic in me, that more traditional bread could be used as well, and, if that were the case, then it also seems as though one could celebrate it much more similarly to a meal, where the celebrants all sit at a table, and one, perhaps the host, perhaps another designated person, perhaps just anyone, offers the sacrifice and distributes it to those participating.

Anyway! Just musing...
I very much agree, and wish that we could actually do that in church. The last supper was a meal, I see no reason why at a meal we couldn't hold a Eucharist.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff