Fire-themed Altansar Eldar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:48 pm
Glad you went with the gold for their emblem. Ended up looking really slick.

As far as where to put the flag, rear-center on the turret would work, and would be the most practical/visible.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:45 pm
The turret would make sense, but there's a 1.5" antennae on the turret in that same location, I think they'd crowd each other out.

Further updates, the cockpit and the flames on the hull are completed.

User Image

User Image

User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am
Finish up those models already, we need more painted army pictures! xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Finish up those models already, we need more painted army pictures! xp
Any in specific? I've got my Dire Avengers primed and am working to get all 9 scenic bases done for them, the Wave Serpent is making significant progress, and I've also got the jetbikes on my desk, I just haven't started to trim them down in order to re-prime them.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm
Okay, needing advice. For the Wave Serpent, I went with a Scab Red color to dominate the body of the thing. I'm wondering if it would look better if I faded it to black about 3/4 of an inch (1.5 cm) away from the flames, and have it dark for most of body of the skimmer?

Here's a photo of the Wave Serpent chassis as it sits right now.

User Image

And here's a photo of a Falcon that I just sanded down and re-primed black. I'm going to paint it the same way as the Wave Serpent, except I'm going to fade it to black, and I want you guys' opinions on whether to go with black or Scab Red for the main body.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:56 am
Give it a try and put both models alongside one another, then give it a few nights rest.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm
Well after trying the faded-to-black on the Falcon body, I've decided not to fade to black, the full-chassis Scab Red looks better.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm
I just got several small, plastic tackle boxes, which are readily available at Walmart and sporting good stores, because they're perfect for sorting and containing model projects.

What do you guys think the pros and cons of cataloging all the bitz one owns would be? I'm thinking of making a thread for cataloging all of my stuff...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm
Finished painting the lava bases for the rest of the Dire Avenger squad. Have a look! I think I used a little too much of the lighter yellow on some of them, but it's still got a decent glowy look.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 pm
Verbal update, I've got all the Dire Avengers attached to their completed lava bases, am working on them 1 at a time so far.

Due to the discovery of a highly effective paint-stripper, I have the jetbikes all stripped and looking like they were just assembled. In addition, I also have my old Wraithlord disassembled, stripped completely, and re-primed, ready for a new paintjob. My second Falcon is now soaking in paint stripper, and is about 2/3 done stripping. So far so good on that. The Avatar is stripped, but I can't find his left arm, so I'm being held up in the assembly and priming process for that mini. stressed  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm
DarkElf27
Verbal update, I've got all the Dire Avengers attached to their completed lava bases, am working on them 1 at a time so far.

Due to the discovery of a highly effective paint-stripper, I have the jetbikes all stripped and looking like they were just assembled. In addition, I also have my old Wraithlord disassembled, stripped completely, and re-primed, ready for a new paintjob. My second Falcon is now soaking in paint stripper, and is about 2/3 done stripping. So far so good on that. The Avatar is stripped, but I can't find his left arm, so I'm being held up in the assembly and priming process for that mini. stressed

He better have hair!! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:05 pm
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

who? sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:39 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27

who? sweatdrop

The Avatar. He took off the plume of "hair" because he didn't like it... I think he just looked bald... and horny sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 am
No worries, there are always replacement models out there! wink

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 am
Well I visited my first GW store in the UK today, a sad 1-man thing in an alley, nonetheless it was still nice to get back into the hobby atmosphere. I picked up a pack of Finecast Fire Dragons, which I'm working on trimming right now. I can't base or paint them until my stuff from the states gets here, unfortunately.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff