Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Things that tick you off about yaoi or shonen-ai Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyhting anger you in yaoi or shonen-ai
  yes
  no
  GOLD :D
View Results

Shani Baby15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:27 am
I've seen it in alot of the 80s shonen ai/ yaoi animes......puffy shirts and really tight pants , and pointy chins  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:15 am
What pisses me off is the bad art that I trip over in the yaoi manga industry. The kind of art where the semes have way too slanty eyes, the ukes have way too big eyes, and something's wrong with the proportions, like the hands are too big or the necks just look wrong. Like, come on people! How can I read something that is burning to the eyes??? burning_eyes  

FOOLY-bloo

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:30 pm
Yes Bad art does ruin the whole mood of a yaoi or shonen-ai doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm
Can we please make a rule against bumping unless you actually have something to say?

Oh and here's another one. (a lot of you aren't gonna like me for this one.)

When fangirls refer to themselves as seme or uke. Yeah, I shouldn't really have to explain that.

Pretty Pretty Priceless

IIGRAYII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 pm
XIII falling stars
When fangirls refer to themselves as seme or uke. Yeah, I shouldn't really have to explain that.

Unless it is a lesbian relationship can I see it work. ...But even so, what is wrong with the English words 'submissive' and 'dominant'? It almost falls into the category of "that is so kawaii".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:28 pm
This may be more towards slash but:

Rape is love. I do have a bit of a non-con fetish but falling in love with one's rapist, especially if it's violent leaves a sour taste in my mouth (though I did read one where there was a violent relationship that had a couple of instances of rape in it and the uke was convinced that he loved his rapist but it was done realistically - said uke was messed up and it took quite a bit for him to start to see that his relationship was a bad thing) especially when it's portrayed as glamorous/ sexy

Feme-bashing. I like my guys with guys but that does not mean I automatically hate everyone with XX chromosomes. I just feel that keeping Areith around to act like a demon from Hell because you wanted to pair up Zack and Cloud it's cheep and demeaning. It also makes the bond you are trying to show seem week if Yuffie can just spread her legs to get between Cid and Vincent.

Everybody's gay. It seems unrealistic and way too much of a stretch for me, unless say the whole group is established to be say in the same Gay rights group or whatnot.

Everybody's on the same level of the relationship. Unrealistic and often gets repetitive. See Sora hook up with Riku then cut to see Zexion hook up with Demyx, the cut to Axel and Roxas having sparks fly... zzzzzzz! Mix it up, have one couple meet up, show another together, maybe have troubles with another and save a third for the last act.

Suspense interrupted. Either have a suspenseful summery or a basic one with the pairing shown. Will they or won't they x/y does not cut it.

Just like Romeo and Juliet. "Wait for me object of my lust, I shall join you" makes life seem cheep and disgusts me.  

OtakuJeannie

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

flexistential crisis

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:11 pm
Serith Moren
XIII falling stars

Unless it is a lesbian relationship can I see it work. ...But even so, what is wrong with the English words 'submissive' and 'dominant'? It almost falls into the category of "that is so kawaii".

What about 'top' and 'bottom'?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 pm
XIII falling stars
Can we please make a rule against bumping unless you actually have something to say?/size]

I think I'm the only person who bumps actually.....  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Kohaku_of_Darkness

Desirable Hunter

10,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm
When one is hinting at the other so blatently obvious to get to gether and the other has no clue what soever, escpecially when there so right for each other and it trakes 'em three books to figure out what to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:58 am
User ImageUser Image
CLAMP's complete inability to let two charactors kiss, cuddle or say I Love You.
Yaoi that goes a little ike this- Mini plot, smex, tiny plot, sex, fight fight rawr! makeuip sex.

yaaawn.

Now, I DO like mpreg. Hell, I've written it, about 5 times. But ya know? All those chractors areeither not human or magically inclined or from another world. No explanation Mpreg pisses me off.

Fanfiction where the author has no iea what they're talking about, especially in a BDSM context. I Looove BDSM and SadoMaso, and being an "X" fan, that's pretty much the way most fanfictions go. Hell; molestation, impaling bondage...it's kinda how the actual story goes. But ANYway, half the people who use BDSM or D/s in their stories have NOT done the reasearch. burning_eyes

Also, I do like ped0philia, to an extent (again, CLAMP fan girl), but not complete shota. Younger charactor has to be at least 14, please, and willing. Unless it's Subaru.

SyriMoon

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:22 am
Okay I have a list. My ultimate peev though is number one.

#1 - when a mature character, Gravitation is excluded from this, usually the Seme. Goes for a character that is completely girlish in apperance, No money anyone?, and that's a complete immature little kide. I'm sorry but I do not like *****, even if they are the same age. If one is a child inside all the way through and way to naive and big eyes and diproportional to an actual man. That it ticks me off. I like my men... MEN not boys.

#2 Yaoi that is hard to follow, Fish in thr trap, This was really really hard to follow. Because the kid gets raped, nice proportion size so they mesh well. Gah the pointy chins though, and he is traumatized or somehing and then ends up in school swim club with him and is... happy? Never once in that anime did it ecxplain or show that this kid loved this man, or this man this kid. Everyother character was well played and had emotions EMOTIONS. Except for these two.

#3 I love clamp. I love clamp so much. But Gerudaoaswk are their proportions wacky. And After awhile of clamp watching you get over this, because the story is always a good one. Heres an example. My favorite anime other then piecemaker, is XXXholic and I love DouWata. Its so obvious that Doumeki loves Watanuki. Though you have to watch him for the signs. However it so ticked me off that Clamp is inclined to hint at gay characters but never bring them to light.

#4 Hands Off, This Manga is so funny. However I don't do incest. Unless its Hikaeru Kaoru, or Twins that are obscenely close and have a reason to be. The expressions in this manga are funny, but the hair and eyes are strange. It just ah.

#5 Eerie Queerie, perfect example of disproportionate, Pointy noses outrageous chins, eyes that are so crazy, Like FAKE, Hjust so much that's wrong in this, and i9ts cute so you keep reading it but every once in awhile your like... WTF draw better!

#6 I hate PWP, I really do. I love oneshots; but this no.For me there has to be something tender in the relationship. There has to be some indication that they love eachother. A soft touch, a blush, a joke here or there, but when its rushed its so bad. This is why I love CLamp, because their characters are developed with relationships. Fai/Kuro. There has to be a reason, there has to be a gentleness, there has to be a point to this.

If anyone has ever read anything in 'How to read Literature like a Professor' You know that when there is a sexual encountetr in a book, there is a semblence to it. There is an impotance to it. That is used as a catalyst of some sort later one. So when two characters get some chemical reactions, there is some intention for that to come and aid further in the story, or its to bring out a character's true colors. for emample in Iko Iko Romatan, new I know. Wonderful art, or in Viewfinder., the e3ncounters betwinxt characters brings out a side to one of them that is hidden and makes the character 3D for us. The japanese boy in Iko iko, he shows that there is more to him then just being the heir to a ridiculous Mafia, he has some softer basic need for companionship then he ever showed,. He shows a tender lonliness which we would have seen. So PWP is so horrible to me. Its the most degrading thing ever. Because you never see that hidden side, and you never get a point.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 pm
My ticks have been said already but I need to rant too lol so here they are:

1. Yeah I hate it when there is an obvious uke, or when there is a partner(s) with overly feminine characteristics. When it's pretty much a girl with male genitalia added that's NOT fun. It's pretty much het in yaoi context. evil Me no likey. A good yaoi oneshot that kind of avoids this is "Desire" by Maki Kazumi. Both of the guys actually LOOK like guys OMG.

2. Developing off of the first point, I also hate it when the uke is all like "N-no, s-stop! Nnnnngh" when they OBVIOUSLY want it. What the hell is the point of saying stop to the seme when the seme's just like: "HEHEHE NO WAI". That's another thing, I hate it when the seme doesn't show any outward appearance of enjoying or actually feeling something during intimate activities. Instead of a smirk and no sweat I'd like to see some blushing and furrowed eyebrows.

3. Someone said this above: it's slightly annoying when everyone in the comic is gay too. I mean seriously, how are there going to be babies made? Not EVERYONE can be gay!! rolleyes

I'm sure I've thought of more as I read yaoi manga but I'll just put those main ones.  

randoface

Yamane-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Basically in a story I get pissed if the uke is so submissive and doesn't do anything to fend themselves cause they are so weak. I like a mutual standing in couples. Yaoi seldomely is made so the story feels like that could happen in real life.

I like a good stories with good enough intercourse but not too much to make me sick.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:10 pm
heart  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash