Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kindless
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:55 pm
Stelle Cadenti
Some craft store somewhere I think, not quite sure, it's really old.

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

(Former name; Beyond The Bounds.)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:03 pm
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

*points wildly, in an anime style* HOLY CRAP I REMEMBER YOU!

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kelethor
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:03 pm
So, has anyone else read Maus? I'm almost finished with the first half, and I have to say I'm stunned.

Even though it's a graphic novel((Which I never read)) it's on par with the finest holocaust-related books out there, both fictional and nonfictional.

I'm honestly surprised it's not at least taught about in more classrooms.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Kelethor, I've read Maus.
It is very poignant. I will say that. As far as holocaust-related books go, I would have to say that Maus is one of my favorites, and definitely one of the more graphic descriptive/imagistic pieces I have read, and it also portrays that story of the almost second-generation survivors, which can sometimes be lost in countless autobiographies.
And I'm willing to bet that there are universities out there who do use it as a text. Especially in the courses specific to the era, and local.

If you liked that one, and you almost never read graphic novels, if you want to try another, maybe not right after, because you might end up comparing the two, maybe give Epileptic a try.

SLC Boy

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:37 am
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

Oh course I did, honey. xd

How've you been?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 am
Stelle Cadenti
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

How've you been?

Not too bad.

Juggling life with my girlfriend, online life and work life is damn hard.

What about you?  

Kindless
Crew

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:30 pm
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

How've you been?

Not too bad.

What about you?

Yeah, same here. Though, no girlfriend, no boyfriend either. I'm working on it. xp

Final year of high school, then I'm free, but it's turning out to be a busier year than anticipated. Especially now with all of my creative endeavors piling up.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:47 pm
Stelle Cadenti
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti
Kindless
Stelle Cadenti

Ahh~ It's been a while.

Miss me, dear?

How've you been?

Not too bad.

What about you?

Yeah, same here. Though, no girlfriend, no boyfriend either. I'm working on it. xp

Final year of high school, then I'm free, but it's turning out to be a busier year than anticipated. Especially now with all of my creative endeavors piling up.

Good luck with that lover'.

School must be such a drag. In a way I miss it.  

Kindless
Crew

Wolfen Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm
so...has anyone ever lost a story they were working on their laptop? Like it got accidently deleted or corrupted or something. (This almost happened to me today, that's why I decided to bring it up...)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 am
My laptop is ancient, so I never work on it for fear of something like that happening. However, twice now now desktops I've very nearly lost all of my work. considering I work on anywhere form one novel to three and a handful of fanfics at the same, I really wanted to throw the things off a bridge. The first one was jsut lod and it very slowly began to die out. After one or two times of it just plain not starting I moved all of my files to our new computer . (Technically the old one was mine. Great inheritance.. Viruses and broken hard drives. stare ) The second one became so virus infected that my old login became totally inaccesible. The first three chapters and all of the charting for my very first novel were on there....and still are. crying My babeeeeeee!!!  

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Wolfen Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:49 pm
Ooh, that really, really sucks. My first computer was a desktop that the family shared. It had everything I ever wrote on it, every idea than I had ever typed out on it, but it was all gone when my mom decided that she and my dad were getting laptops and the desktop went to...wait for it...my mother's friend. And was wiped clean.

This newest mishap was when my USB drive got washed. I barely got my stories off before it died completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm
Wow thats harsh!! My home desktop died and so my desktop then went downstairs to take its place... I made hard copies of all my word documents first though.. I know what my dad is like... delete happy!!

I now have a laptop though and all my writings are all on here smile easy access.. still make backups though!! I have to... I'm a little unlucky with technology... sad

Lottielight

Beloved Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:33 pm
Excessive though it sounds, I now posses three flashdrives that I keep everything on. I'm hoping to get a laptop within the next year, but life may have other plans.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 pm
Good luck with that. The three USBs is definetly not excessive, though I probably wouldn't have said that a few days ago.

And I'm the same way with technology, Lottie. It seems that viruses and the like can lock on to my computer like little bloodhounds. My parents didn't believe me when I said I didn't do anything wrong until one of my best friends finally witnessed my laptop crashing. And the usb wasn't the first thing of mine that has had a bad experiance with water  

Wolfen Princess

Magmatic

Magnetic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm
Ah, laptop issues, I know them well. <3

Which is why my brother in law insisted on building me a PC sintead. xD Gotta love my sister's taste in men.

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff