Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Homosexuality is a sin. and Tattoos. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 am
Galad Damodred
Paranormal Zombiiie
Priestley
rocklee3344
wat the heck that is not a rule you can totally get tatoos if you want to god did you use the oroginal translation for that or one of those that changes the words to "modern" writing.

Leviticus 19:28
"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.'"

This includes things like scarification, tattooing, cutting, and various other things like it.

I think that is pretty obvious. razz

Hmm, what about the arguement that we dont have to Follow the "old" rules?

Wasn't it Jesus who said that it was easier for heaven and earth to be destroyed than a letter of the Laws to become irrelevant?

Yes, we spoke about that in this thread.

It's better that you endeavor to follow Jesus' commandments first before tangling yourself up in the minutia of the Law.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 am
Pulling some posts from the thread Homosexuality is NOT a Sin! thread in the ED.

and here.  

Vinhos

Vinhos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 am
Post 1

Post 2  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 am
Post 3

Post 4

Sourcing

Post 5

edit -- It's not linking right, and I'm too tired to fight more.  

Vinhos

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm
Would it be possible to do something about zach_wheat's posts? They ruin my page display, and they are not really relevant.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 pm
zz1000zz
Would it be possible to do something about zach_wheat's posts? They ruin my page display, and they are not really relevant.

They are completely relevant to this post:

zz1000zz
The ritual laws of the Old Testament are not applicable anymore, which explains why people are allowed to wear jeans.

Also, the Bible saying something is an "abomination" does not mean it is a sin.

This has been discussed here before.

Paul uses some parts of the Old Law to demonstrate what Christians are to avoid, homosexual behaviour being the focal point of those posts. It even goes into the Hebrew and Greek texts to show how the New Testemant ties into the Old Testemant on homosexualty, so as to show it is not some error of translation.

It is on topic and completely relevant to the discussion.

neutral  

Vinhos

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:01 pm
I agree that they are perfectly relevant to the topic.

Though, maybe someone with a bit more technical know-how can tweak them a bit so they don't mess up the page sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 am
zz1000zz
Would it be possible to do something about zach_wheat's posts? They ruin my page display ...

I'm trying, but I can't figure out why they're screwing up. My only guess is that the sheer number of levels of quotes has done it.

I'm going to PM zach_wheat and ask him to link to the posts directly instead of copy-pasting.

If the rest of you want to link to posts in future, at the top of each post there's a tiny little icon that looks like a page of paper right next to the date and time of the post. Right-click this icon and Copy Link Location (or whatever the Internet Explorer or other alternative is) pasting it into the URL bbCode tag in your post.

zz1000zz
... and are not really relevant.

Probably not relevant to what you were arguing but they have relevance to the thread topic.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 am
The reason the posts are not relevant is they have no bearing on anything that was being discussed. Any points in those posts which had been discussed had already been covered, and the rest of the posts dealt with topics that had not been brought up. I agree the posts contained information that was relevant to (part of) the subject of this thread, but they did not contain information relevant to the topic at hand.

I certainly have no problem with making links to the quoted posts though. Providing a resource for information is good, but quoting the entire resource without any actual tie-in is bad.

Edit: Incidentally, I am not sure about the cutting off a sentence partway through without using an ellipsis. (Priestley: Issue resolved.)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 pm
There are links to individual posts now, so it would seem that the problem has been fixed? I'm not sure exactly what the original issue with his posts were, since I haven't been on in a few days.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:37 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
There are links to individual posts now, so it would seem that the problem has been fixed? I'm not sure exactly what the original issue with his posts were, since I haven't been on in a few days.

Issue is fixed now. Before, the post bubble/frame was really thin on the page and his posts very long and misaligned as a result. It was screwing up the way people's browsers rendered the page.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 pm
Ah, okay. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Okay Bad Example

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 am
You're all forgetting! We're under the Blood, not the Law!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:37 am
No Such Machine
You're all forgetting! We're under the Blood, not the Law!

As long as Jesus says you are.

Also, No Such Machine, you managed to resurrect the thread just before I was planning to lock it. *fistshake* scream lol

Priestley

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces