Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
How far should our faith guide our political decisions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:20 pm
I'd like to point out that opression of the people can come under a guise of any political ideology as long as the people are dim enough to believe the propaganda.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 am
Which is why so many oppressive regimes have been strongly anti-intellectual. Academics and intellectuals question and defy and investigate. It's probably why so many protests of conscience involve students.  

Galad Aglaron

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 am
Galad Damodred
Which is why so many oppressive regimes have been strongly anti-intellectual. Academics and intellectuals question and defy and investigate. It's probably why so many protests of conscience involve students.

Well, it's a matter of opinion as to whether such students are protesting because they've learned the truth or whether they're hopping on the protestation bandwagon, since protestation is a form of rebellion. Young people identify strongly with it because it's an extension of their struggle for independence from their elders.

Anyway, my post was to steer the thread away from the "let's hate communism" sentiment and more towards the thread topic, which is whether faith should affect our political decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:58 pm
I rather thought that hating communism came with American citizenship. rofl Kidding, kidding! sweatdrop  

Galad Aglaron

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces