Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred

My old debating instructor would just looooove you. rofl

Why? sweatdrop

Priestley
I'm just new to arguing my points and looking to exercise my skills.

She'd love to get her claws into you. Shape you into a weapon that would bring her debating team glory and renown.

That's great. Do you think she would would agree to my accepting her tutelage and then politely refusing to debate for her?

I don't know, no one's been able to refuse her yet. She can gentle people into doing anything, and then bully them into being good at it.

Oh, as a rule, bullying makes me more stubborn, not less. She wouldn't be able to bully me into debating for her and I'd politely refuse if she tried a gentle method.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 pm
zz1000zz
The first thing to do is make sure you are not looking at Objectivism, a philosophy commonly known as philosophical realism.

Objective can be thought of simply as, not dependent upon anyone's perception (usually referred to as 'mind-independent'). *SNIP*

Okay, that's awesome. Thank you for explaining it in simpler terms. 3nodding  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:09 am
Discussing both math and philosophy at the same time is a good way to get oneself hurt. Don't tell anyone I did it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:45 am
zz1000zz
Discussing both math and philosophy at the same time is a good way to get oneself hurt. Don't tell anyone I did it.

It hurts just thinking about it.

To get back on topic (this is directed at everyone), you'd be surprised at how much you believe to be true (not just about God but in general) without trying. You have to be clear whether not believing is a result of not having the capacity to believe, a result of approaching things with preconceptions of those things or actually believing the contrary to be 'truer'.

Priestley

Knatalie9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 am
Priestley
zz1000zz

To get back on topic (this is directed at everyone), you'd be surprised at how much you believe to be true (not just about God but in general) without trying. You have to be clear whether not believing is a result of not having the capacity to believe, a result of approaching things with preconceptions of those things or actually believing the contrary to be 'truer'.

I vote... Read Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis! smile

And I agree with Priestly. The truth of God is already written on our hearts, we don't need to try to believe, it is already there.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:50 am
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

And I agree with Priestly. The truth of God is already written on our hearts, we don't need to try to believe, it is already there.

Oh I love the way you said that! I have never heard anyone say that the Truth of God is already written on our hearts. Hmm. I really like that.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 am
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

Hey, that's not what I was saying. surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:56 pm
Priestley
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

do you disagree?  

Knatalie9

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:11 am
Knatalie9
Priestley
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

do you disagree?

With you putting words in my mouth? Yes. Your paraphrase is not correct.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm
Priestley
Knatalie9
Priestley
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

do you disagree?

I am sorry for putting words in your mouth, I really didn't mean it like that. What I meant was to add to what you said. I am sorry. sad  

Knatalie9

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:28 pm
Knatalie9
Priestley
Knatalie9
Priestley
Knatalie9

do you disagree?

I am sorry for putting words in your mouth, I really didn't mean it like that. What I meant was to add to what you said. I am sorry. sad

No, it's okay, but it didn't really add to what I was saying. Many people approach the idea of God with preconceptions that aren't necessarily true.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:11 am
Knatalie9
Priestley
zz1000zz

Mere Christianity, yes, read it.

I have periods of doubt too. I was all over the metaphysical map before I asked Jesus to be my legal representative at the Final Judgment, (He works pro bono), but I have always believed in God. It wasn't until after I became a Christian that I had any doubts about His existence at all! Spiritual warfare, anyone?  

Okay Bad Example

fromthatshow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:52 pm
You are not damned to hell!
I believe that all paths do lead back to God.
You may no believe because you may not see. You may not hear.
But your return to Him is inevitable. Don't worry about it so much. In time, you'll know! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:12 am
fromthatshow

It ultimately comes down to what's in one's heart as to whether you're destined for destruction or salvation.

fromthatshow

Not according to Jesus.

fromthatshow
But your return to Him is inevitable. Don't worry about it so much. In time, you'll know! heart

Not if a person refuses the offer.  

Priestley

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm
fromthatshow

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Doesn't it clearly in the bible that if you don't ask Jesus to save you, then we aren't going to go where God made for us to go? And if we're always going to go to heaven no matter what, then what is faith? I don't know. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statment.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff