Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:59 pm
As with gay and lesbian pairings, they have to make sense for me to like them.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 pm
straight pairings don't bother me at all, in some anime i actually prefer them to a yaoi pairing that most fangirls want *shrugs* but then again it would depend on the pairing

like i like the lee and sakura pairings for naruto but at the same time i'm not completely against the gaara and lee pairing ( though it took a couple decent fics to get used to it)  

meow-ku

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 pm
For me it depends on how annoying the couple is together... Although I have been like: "is everyone in this story gay?" for some... too much of a good thing can be overload sometimes... Although I do roleplay a hetaphobic girl sometimes... ... ... I have issues...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 am
For the most part I quite like nearly every pairing conceivable. But I have this weird thing where the characters have to have a lot of interaction for me to actually see it happening. Not sure why and it can change but for the most part they have to talk AT LEAST once (preferably more obviously). That's why I like best friend and enemy pairings.  

o0-foxpuppet-0o

Jaaku-san

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:44 pm
It depends on how the pairing is presented; if a series starts bashing me over the head with a het pairing I start to hate it, if they do it subtly I may not like it, but I wont dislike it either. I admit it, I'm biased in favor of gay and lesbian pairings, but there are quite a few het pairings I don't mind (I just wont be reading fanfiction for them).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:49 pm
i think that straight pairing are just fine. It's more fun that way, because you get to the guy with a girl and then when you see a fan art or fic with that that guy say his best friend. Then it's like oh yeah that's much better.

At least that's what I think.  

Takahata San

Meiyuri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:12 pm
Straight pairings bore me to death... I just flip the channel or sumthing, but if I don't have any yaoi or something... If it's OK ill watch or read it,
the only straight pairings I like r the ones from Bisco Hatori... lol nothing else

and I REALLY get mad if straight pairings interfere with my yaoi, like death note GRRR MISA!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am
It depends on the pairning.
Some het pairings really bug me, some yaoi pairings do too.

But right now I'm really into one het pairing, Lua/Ladd from Baccano!
Rarely do I ship het, but I'm on bored this one. XD  

Dagur

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 pm
Smug Chibi
Straight pairings bore me to death... I just flip the channel or sumthing, but if I don't have any yaoi or something... If it's OK ill watch or read it,
the only straight pairings I like r the ones from Bisco Hatori... lol nothing else

and I REALLY get mad if straight pairings interfere with my yaoi, like death note GRRR MISA!

I agree,i cant stand Misa gonk
But not as much as i hate Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi burning_eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:44 pm
There are some straight pairings that are just meant to be. True, I like to see one hot guy with another hot guy as much as the next yaoi fan, but at the same time, if a het-pairing makes sense, I find it hard to believe in an alternative yaoi pairing.
It also depends on the characters too. There are some charcters that you can see being indecisive with their sexual identity or even having flings on the side, but others just have to be what they are.
However the same applies to het-pairings that don't make sense.
If there's a couple of guys that are really close and dropping homoerotic hints all over the place and then some random chick shows up and takes one of them away, it makes me want to throw things!  

Katastrophic_Kate

krazii13

3,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 pm
I can't stand some straight pairings, it's just so boring! i prefer like a pairing that is unexpected if i am gonna be anywhere near it (regular pairings suggested in the anime or manga bore me to death and make me want to hurl. I am so againist SasuSaku and NaruSaku). But if the girl doesn't obviously like some one and asks him out I ok with it, as long as the girl is tough, can stand up for herself and be fine if she gets dumped or is the dumper.

As long as the girl doesn't suck, is more of a guyish girl and isn't a total fangril of the guy, I can support it  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:07 am
Almost always straight pairings bore me; so cliché. Some I find rather cute like Yusake and Kaiko but most suck especially if it's the focal point of the series.  

KiwiShaver

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:04 pm
It depends on how annoying the couple is.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm
I really don't understand the logic here.

Maybe because I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to the anime story (guy finds girl, tries to get girl, hilarity ensues, guy gets girl.) I mean really, sure the guy could go for a guy.....but think about it, you are YAOI fangirls, of course you think he should be with the next dude down the road (so to speak).

For example of a het-couple that is just meant to be Simon and Nia from Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, it just didn't make sense any other way. Sure I like to see some SimonxViral, but that only makes sense outside of the show and stuff. Na'mean?

Heh, although I can understand being annoyed with some het-pairings, like Negi and any of his students (Although I am a bit of a Chisame fan) hell, Negi and Kotaro make more sense than most of the girls.

I figured it out mid typing....I guess.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas