Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Do you prefer marching band or concert band? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Great Arikukato

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 pm
I miss the parade routes for Mardi Gras smile just having 4 screamin trumpets in front of the whole band was hilarious XD (we had 4 trumpets in band when I was there sooooo yeah..) marchin and playin some Mardi Gras music and local favorites with everyone cheering (they were probably drunk.... BUT STILL).
Yeah.... good times, good times smile I hated Football marching but loved parades lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm
Marching band definitely. Though I love sitting in concert band playing my bass clarinet and having cool music to only focus on. But for me, I love marching show-runs over and over again, the bus rides, and competitions. Along with the crazy, intense, and/or fun shows

So marching band for me.  

MetalxMilitiax101

Sango Misaki

Dapper Nerd

3,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 am
Marching all the way! When I was in High School, mine did a pirates of the Caribbean theme... Amazing!.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 am
Marching band, hands down. There's just something about the unity and togetherness of it all that warms my heart. All of us pulling for one thing; leaving our blood, sweat, and tears behind on the marching field for one purpose. We're a family and not one to give up easily!  

Melphina Micaela

Liberal Informer

7,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Zarlis

Genius

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 pm
there's just something about walking and playing an instrument at the same time that just doesn't work for me. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 pm
I always see this question, and I always see a million answers that say "MARCHING BAND!" Come on guys, nooo! XD

Concert band is where it's at. I feel that the music is so much more expressive and more fun to play. Also, marching band is more of a visual thing. It's all about the music for me. smile  

CallMeBabbs

RedJoker25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:42 pm
Early marching season is torture, but late season is my favorite part of a band year. Even though I won't be having any contests to go to anymore (yes those were the best part), I still prefer marching to concert. There's just something about working up a sweat doing what you love with a couple hundred others that share the same goals that appeals to me.

If I had to choose based on the marching shows I've done, I'd say concert was better if that's any consolation to the concert enthusiasts out there. Many times I've had a better first impression of concert music than marching; granted I've only played four shows and two of them were actually pretty good, 50% of marching music versus 80% of concert music is a pretty big difference. Marching music percentage drops quite a bit if I were to add stand tunes, but would raise a little if I added shows that I've only heard (I can't make a decision on those really because of lack of any knowledge about those pieces).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:02 pm
I like Marching Band better. It's a bit more relaxed enviroment sometimes. A bit more work but all the more satisfaction after, no?  

winged squiger

xvxblackrosexvx

Taken Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:45 am
have to say concert bands  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 pm
I love both, it's hard to just pick one of them.  

wizard-fox

Tipsy Prophet

7,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Panda-chan98

7,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 pm
Personally I like marching band better because we look so [sexy in our big Marine like uniforms.

Concert Band is fun too. Much better music (well not better, but whole different sound) and we look like a bunch of butlers. It's super hard to decide  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 pm
I honestly loved marching band, and I love concert band, so I love them both. but that was with my old teacher who moved recently.

With the new guy I'm not so sure if I'm loving it the way I used to it use to be fun, now it's just frustrating to me, and concert band season hasn't even started, I honestly have to say I might quit band because of the new teacher, but I love to play so it's hard to figure out which one I want to do.  

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lovable BabyBlue10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:37 pm
concert bands no question...i luv the memories and getting stuff signed and then being like i luv your music to the bands its so much fun...lol dramallama  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 pm
I'm more of a concert player myself.  

wizard-fox

Tipsy Prophet

7,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

p0l3vaul7er

7,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:04 am
Definitely marching band...
I don't have one.
But I've been in one XD
it's so fun being a trumpetist, blowing my best friend's eardrums out.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff