Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
A Remy/Siri tid bit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guillotein

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:45 pm
Tsuwabuki
I was informed that durring an interview with J. K. Rowling, it was confirmed by Rowling that Remus and Sirius were origionally intended to be a gay couple. She was worried about the controversy and decided that they would be best friends instead. When Harry recieves the Christmas gift from the two it was labled "from us." In the U.K. you're not supposed to give a gift "from us" unless the "us" are together as a couple. Jodie (my personal Brit.) confirmed that "from us" thing for me.

Mods can delete this if they want, I just thought I should post about it.
Seriously?
>.< She should have kept it, then...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 pm
HKBlack
Ok, I'm in a slightly bad mood (had a bad mood) and want to debate to make me feel better. So you know, all you people going on about how you'll respect her less--think about what the main moral of the story is. I mean, she's basically screaming out against predujice and discrimination (a touchy subject) and she's using witchcraft (another touchy subject) to convey that. So the books are already controversial enough. I mean, the main thing is yes witchcraft, but then for those who aren't bible thumping "OMFG! It's got magic! It's evil!" people and actually read the books, they see the points that Jo is subtly (...really, not so subtly, I mean Mudblood? yeah...that's a big arrow pointing saying "Look! We're fighting against Predjudice and Discrimination!) throwing in there.

And that's good, because her real target audience are kids/teens/whatever that still have a chance to get out of the closed-minded setting so many people are stuck in. But then again, it's a bit touchy, because the closed-minded parents of those potentially open-minded kids can forbid them to read it.

Babysteps people, babysteps! If Jo did have Remus and Sirius together at first, her editor might've been the one to take it out, or she might've taken out with something akin to this in mind:

Predujice, discrimination, racisim--that's all really big stuff--and it's all really touchy for a lot of people, especially those who are potential victims. We're starting to accept more things--and that's really good for us, but there are still those closed-minded parents out there. If Jo had put in gays--the book would've sunk, it would've just died and Harry and the underlying message would've never gotten out, but if she took it out, you still have the underlying message in the form of Muggles, Muggle Borns, Half Bloods, Werewolves, Half-Giants, etc. And it has more of a chance to get out to the people.

Yeah, if she was actually going to put them together--that would've been awesome, and it would kind of suck. But I won't loose any respect for her because she or her editors were thinking ahead, and all in all it's a baby step to getting a really important message out there in a way people can accept that (because droning at school about that kind of stuff has gotten us now where) and in time there will be an author with two side-lines gay characters who won't have to think ahead about how those two characters might get in the way of the author getting out a really important message.
I agree with this, she is already dealing with touchy subjects, not to mention that some younger kids would not understand and ask there parents what it was all about, making the parents ban them from reading it, but all the other matters (mentioned above) the child wouldn't really need to ask about and would just soak it in. She did leave so obvious that us open-minded people picked it up, I'm just glad she left it so darn obvious.

Tonks isn't that bad, at least she layed off him until Sirius was dead. She can always change her appearance into Sirius ^_^  

LetheviaGoldleaf

IgnorantSkittle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:40 pm
A few things upset me about Tonks and Remus together. For one, Remus was way too reluctant to accept. It sounded like he gave in because everyone was pressuring him. Yes, he was holding her hand. Did it say anything about him looking happy about it? Tonks was purely esctatic, but that euphoria wasn't exactly contagious.

Two, And this is what probably irked me the most, is the fact that there wasn't hardly any remorse from Remus. And I'm not mad at Tonks because of that. HBP pissed me off, and I do happen to believe Jo was reserving herself for the sake of her fans. Its a bit obvious how she rushed through that whole entire book. She said she was happy the way it turned out, but think of what could've happened if she said other wise. I wanted angst, dammit! Emo! Harry! *snickers at the thought* But seriously, Jo had to have been regretting the lack of emotion from Remus. Otherwise, I would have accepted Tonks/Remus with a bit more ease.

But if this true, I would be very happy. If not only just to ward of all those flamers of my stories and my artwork.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:47 am
*sobs* Why oh why did she change it? I looked and looked for that transcript but I could not find it...maybe someone else wil have better luck.  

MischiefManaged

Sirius the Moony Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:36 pm
Remus/Tonks just doesn't work. It just doesn't. I thought Tonks was cool, until she stole Remi. No. No. Remi CANNOT fall in love with anyone but Sirius. This can't happen. It WON'T. I won't let it.

I'm completely in denial.

I have a bone to pick with you, Rowling.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:32 pm
I think, on the Azkaban film, where Sirius and Remus are in the Shreiking Shack (by the way I don't like the film Remus... hate the moustache!), they are acting like a couple, and even Snape says "look at you two, acting like a married couple" or something to that effect.. I wish they could have been a couple, but as someone said before, she's been downlooked about all the darkness of HP, so there was no need to add another thing to the list.. But I think it would have been an effective idea, seeing how Harry and Ron and everyone would have reacted.

[-Creep of Wrath-]

go-tannie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:00 am
O_________O

omg...

If someone finds proof... I will be one happy girl.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:48 pm
Read this. Now.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/elwing_alcyone/11152.html

[-Creep of Wrath-]

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:07 pm
I love Elwing. *bows to Elwing* I read that when she first published it...and I've read the 2.0 version and then of course 2.5...so yeah...love her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:05 pm
I found another one, too! But I didn't read it; they're practically all the same. Very convincing, too! Of course, I was on HMS Wolfstar before, so I didn't need persuasing.

[-Creep of Wrath-]

IgnorantSkittle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:42 am
confused I've been a Remus/Sirius shipper for a long time now, so obviously, I didn't need any persuasion. But...I didn't find that essay very appeasing. She stretched a lot, and read too far into things. If she's willing to give JKR leverage and leigh-way on the hug scene, why not the rest of the books? Wordplay only goes so far. Especially when you consider that JKR was probably fiercly typing away and didn't have time to check for undertones (not that I believe that there were that many in the quotes that were provided).

There is a ton of R/S proof in the books. I'm willing to admit that it isn't as much as I would like, but eh. Welp, theres my two sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
If you can get the transcript for actual one hundred percent proof...you've made my day. *skips off humming cheerfully*

I agree with a lot of people here. I adore Remus/Sirius and it would have made the books a whole lot better too! heart sweatdrop  

Lafaera

CosmicMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:10 pm
This made the biggest smile come to my face. If it's true then I have to say... IN YOUR FACE CLAMBAKE! HA! I TOLD YOU SO! Of course... she'll probably never read this, but it makes me feel better anyway.

I just read that essay... the whole thing... and now my eyes hurt. x.x but it was good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:18 pm
YES! YOU HAVE MADE ME SOOOO HAPPY!

They are the best couple, like there is so much stuff to back them up. I love Draco/Harry because of the tension but Sirius and Remus are perfect! And cute.

I've always been a fan of the puppy love couple myself. I mean, they are both canines in other form. That's not just a coincidence, or I don't think so.  

Roane_Fossegrim

Decadent Delirium

Heroic Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:49 pm
Thank god I wasn't just seeing things. Shove controversy! She should have kept it! They're so cute together.  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff