Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Oldie Video Games We Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 pm
I'm more of a Rahal girl myself talk2hand ....Though you can't go bad with Ernst>.> srew cat girls! catboys ftw! whee

but yeah, I hear ya. If I and my father weren't so cheap, we'd bought Panzer Dragoon Saga when we saw it for 60 bucks when it came stateside! burning_eyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:19 am
Ernst is pretty cool. I adore Killey. He casts magic so fast WITHOUT incantation training! biggrin  

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:48 pm
Cathari is her name I believe.....best girl in the game....period...and if you want a good guy character, Richard.....both fast and powerful with physical attacks...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:49 pm
Richard is best to get late game... he comes in eight levels above the Prince, if memory serves. smile
Cathari's cool; gotta love the Howling Voice Guild talent combined with a Godspeed rune.  

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Kojin66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:56 pm
Still.... Logg/Gale Rune makes for one amazing combo... even faster than Cathari! Boo Ya!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:04 pm
razz That's 'cause Gale rune users automatically go first... making the SuiV Gale Rune the best version in the series. biggrin  

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:16 pm
Seiri Omaar
Suikoden and Suikoden II are old PS1s. Everything else in the series is PS2, and also somewhat rare, but they are not as good as the first two. Suikoden Tierkries, a new DS release, should come out here Q1 2009. Tierkries is supposed to be really different from the main series, though.
Whatever you do, do not play Suikoden IV first (though do eventually play it- it is worth playing solely for the clear data you can pump into the very good side-game Suikoden Tactics). It pales in comparison with the rest of the series, and it will leave an unfavourable impression. Start with either Suikoden or Suikoden V. smile

Ohhh ok. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 pm
I dig rare video games, lol.  

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Misaki Haseo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:51 pm
I just started playing Suikoden. =)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:43 pm
I bought Suikoden V and Persona 3 FES over the summer....and have yet to beat them *ish lazy* part of the Suikoden V thing though is that I somehow managed to erase all my data when the power went out when I was saving game data and the power went out emo  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm
I bleed inside for you, I really do. Suikoden V is a long game, and to lose the data like that royally sucks.
Misaki, which one? I can give fairly useful advice for any of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 pm
I started with V, since you recommended it. .  

Misaki Haseo

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:28 pm
1. Check out a recruitment list online so you don't miss anyone to recruit. It is very hard game in terms of recruitment and I recommend you avoid the frustration. YOU WANT TO GET EVERY CHARACTER. I cannot emphasize this enough. You miss one person and it changes your ending for the worse. NOTE: Get the instructions for recruiting Oboro and Shigure in Rainwall. This is a lot easier, and less tedious, than the other method.
2. You need to train a LOT of people. Don't concentrate on a core six (this is for later on). The final dungeon requires 18 people at around level 60, and with the best armor and weapons.
3. Zerase, Killey, and Nelis are your friends. smile
4. Use your entourage and know people's entourage abilities. Many non-combatants can be useful in this regard.
5. Be on the ball during wars. It's real-time, and that first minute is absolutely crucial. IF SOMEONE DIES RESET THE GAME. Play with your war unit combinations. My favourite is Josephine and Killey. smile To activate some special abilities during war, you need to use the square button.
6. If you are asked to abandon your castle, abandon your castle. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.
7. Train Lyon in Agility and Magic.
8. Never, NEVER sell rune pieces. NEVER.
9. Magic absorb pieces are monster drops in the Eresh dungeon in the Big Hole late on in the game. You want as many Magic Absorb runes as you can get your hands on. This is an extremely helpful rune for late game. You want them on Lyon, Zerase, Killey, Nelis and any other caster with a decent rune who can wear it. smile heart
10. Talk to everyone you can and explore like crazy. Sometimes you get extra scenes (Stormfist in particular).

Hope that helps! -S  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm
...Two words: Bathing Scenes..... talk2hand  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Oh yes... Lelei, Eresh and Shun Min, oh my!  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff