Submit

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:53 am
I see that this thread doesn't take any book lightly.
Thanks for the tips about the books, I liked them, the books were amazing too.

@L Ron Jeremy: What are good books to start reading Star Wars novels? (Don't be fooled by my Spock cosplay I'm a big Star Wars fan).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:13 pm
I hate to admit it but I'm reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks but only because my friends keep comparing my relationship to the main characters' relationship.
I'm pretty willing to bet that the people who keep saying s**t about my relationship being like the one in this book haven't read it. I'm half way through and it has nothing in common with my relationship. confused  

Hyena_Queen

Todd186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 pm
I'm reading several books at the moment.
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Vampire Hunter D: Demon Deathchase by Hideyuki Kikuchi
The Gunslinger by Stephen King  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 am
the only novels i'm reading at the moment are the 'night angel' series, by Brent Weeks  

risen91

4,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CemeteryPirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm
Right now I am reading The Secret History of Lucifer. It's very interesting but filled with gaps. It could have been put together a little better but the info. it provides makes me want to learn more on the subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:43 pm
fun fact: Dear John pisses me off.

Now I'm reading World War Z again just to get the taste of Nicholas Sparks out of my brain.  

Hyena_Queen

Tactical Wombat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 pm
So, I suck at reading books when I also have to deal with school. And it has been a pretty big distraction this last while.

Two books I can remember reading in the last while are The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocolypse (Robert Rankin) and
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Philip K. d**k).

Because of my inability to read at a reasonable pace during the school year combined with the wrath of libraries, I have began Slaughterhouse Five (Kurt Vonnegut) and Catch-22 (Joseph Heller). Now I just need to finish them.

I have enjoyed--or was in the process of enjoying--all of the above books. I recommend them to anyone who is awesome and also a douchebag of books.

On the living room table there is a box of books that I will also have to work my way through. Probably before I finish either of the other books, because I'm lazy and talking to the library is work.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:00 pm
I just bought most beautifully illustrated edition of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's Frankenstein so I'm also reading that now.
Bernie Wrightson did the illustarations and he some how managed to make the monster sexy mrgreen  

Hyena_Queen

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 am
I'm taking a break from reading. When I have a book, all I want to do is read it so I put off doing other things. I finished all the books I was reading so instead of starting a new one I'm now going to focus on the important things that I was putting off.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm
Gothic Muffin of Doom
@L Ron Jeremy: What are good books to start reading Star Wars novels? (Don't be fooled by my Spock cosplay I'm a big Star Wars fan).
I'm sorry I got to this so late, I just tend to ignore this guild in general these days(I'm L Ron Jeremy's main account).

I'd start off with the Darth Bane trilogy, personally. Those are my favorite.
The X-Wing series is one of the most popular ones, and definitely some of the best written.
Shadows of the Empire is another of my favorites.
The Republic Commando series is definitely a must-read, though being military-focused it's a LOT more mature than the usual Star Wars books, so be ready for that.
Furthermore, just about ANYTHING by Timothy Zahn is good. My favorites being the Thrawn trilogy and Allegiance.

In the shallow holes of a thousand eyesUser Image
In the knee-deep graves of future survivors
The fleshless guests live off children of the past
Their aging fingers cast the Shadow of Death

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 am
Thanks a lot, Spirit. I think I will start with Darth Bane Trilogy and take it off from there. ^_^
I have a question about the reading medium:
People who read ebooks, what do you read them on? Computer or other device.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:03 am
I'm reading The Anatomist by Bill Hayes. It's about Henry Grey, who wrote Grey's Anatomy (the book, not that stupid show), and the illustrator Henry Vandyke Carter.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers