View Results

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am
I agree with Darkaznstargoddess! Don't you agree that parents should like..be educated or take some sort of test before they have kids? xD Haha that would totally defy freedom in America though. @__@

@ Vallkyirie: I think I'm lucky to have both of the child/authority and the friend relationship with my parents because I remembered after they beat me, they would tell me not to do the bad deed again and that they love me. So I'm disciplined and I'm very close to my parents.

I remember the beatings hurt but it's all in the past and it formed me to who I am today. And isn't it looked down upon if you're old and you still get beat?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.<--Luv turtle
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I got hit so many times when I was little. And still~!!! Because my sibling is blaming on me and ya bad things happen. TT^TT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. donation for teru teru~! then the monkey will stop crying

1tYMONSTA

Generous Genius

xx-Nicoleee-xx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:03 pm
i use to get hit alot by my father, my mom never touched mee.. and that was when iw as liek5 6 and 7
now im 17 and my mom just hit me for the first time o-o but not like a discipline hit, more like a fight and i said something "disrespectful" and got hit .-.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 am
only when i wear shoes in the house  

mosbey

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 pm
i think it is very very bad, because hitting doesn't teach kids anything, and the parents get hatred from their children in return, which doesn't help anything.
hitting is abusive, and this kind of violent action can not be performed on children. In my opinion, when kids behave badly, parents should talk to them in a grown up way so that they can get some sense into them, they could also punish them by taking their favorite items away from them, but no matter what, hitting is wrong and should not be allowed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:35 pm
Unlike my siblings, my parents never really hit me when I was a kid. Until I was around 13 or 14 when I started that whole teenage angst brigade, that's when I got beat up.

Anyway, I honestly don't really support any kind of hitting for the sake of discipline. There is always a better alternative to make a child realize he did something wrong. Sometimes the kid might misunderstand the parent's action, and the parent might get too carried away at the same time. I think other measures like grounding works better. The kid can be given the chance to look at the situation more maturely, instead of being overwhelmed by physical and emotional hurt.

meizha

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Cart Raider 100

Wanari

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:30 pm
They don't hit me anymore. I think it was mid-high school when they stopped. Meh, It was s**t to me. I hated it but I know they only did it for a good cause. I mean sometime now and then my dad wants to hit us. o.o; He almost did when my sister cried to go on the computer. She was whining and my dad yelled at her and almost kicked her. I was LOL-ing in the kitchen eating and was like "S**t! FATHER IS MAD! RUN B" Yea, I used the B word. Now and then my sisters would tell my mother to shut up. confused I know I am not that rude but I would say it too but out of annoyance and then my mother would just complain and shhh..***..
She also would use the hitting thing out to scare us. I mean we know she would do it too. So, I guess we try to stop but sometime it just doesn't get through to us. They still hit and fight and b*****. Yup...I am pretty sure my dad and mom call me a failure mostly when they are awake and talking in the kitchen. Only me.
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 pm
Lol. I use to get hit all the time in 2nd grade whenever i brought a white slip home, i got 52 white slips and a visit to the principal. But now i don't get hit as much, but i did get hit for getting a C+ in math last week. They said something about not being able to be a doctor with my grades lol xd  

Ayu AM

LillyPad514

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 pm
Child abuse in my family but my parents still hit us its probably because we r troublemakers (like talking back, slamming doors, cursing at them when we're angry etc.)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:28 am
When I was little my parents disciplined me with a long thin stick >.<
mostly cuz it hurts at the time but doesn't leave scars or bruises >o<
haha they don't do that anymore tho (they stopped when I was in 5th grade i think), and now long lectures XD  

VietJello

B i g B a n g FTW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:16 pm
My parents used to hit me with this wooden spoon thing, but that was when i was a kid.
Now they just lecture me. .__.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:05 pm
Only got the spankings from the father. He's been gone for years, and the uncle tries to do so. However cannot compete with my Glock.  

Tina Tomorrow

Tina Tomorrow

IRL Conventioneer

17,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 pm
I think it actually works because now I'm a really good kid and not a bad child anymore. (I'm not a kid though)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:08 am
i use to get hit when i was young by my mom's hand, that was way back when, it wasn't really painful but it was very annoying.  

Meteorida

Mirazuki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:11 am
My dad would just spank me suuper lightly when I get annoying. My dad's too nice to do it hard but my mom used to. She would also pinch me and it would be so painful my skin would turn red for a few days. It's her manicured nails
eek . My first nanny too. She would pinch me so hard on my thigh using her long nails.

...but it builds character. biggrin

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces