Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply ♥ Non-Music Talk
~*~Bios Thread~*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sijogab_88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:00 pm
xd It lost my post, which was fairly long o.O;; so i'll make it short.... this time.. -.-;

My name is Gabriel, I'm 17 and I play guitar. Doesn't matter which position, rhythm, lead, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Woo! I had a band.. which only lasted for a month. The name was SieGe, Lotsa problems involved.

Been playing guitar for 2+ years and I freelance here and there. Currently teamed up with another guitarist who has been playing for about 5 months, so yea.. he has some catching up to do, but he seems determined. sweatdrop

Cats cats kitties =^-^=, been into the Rock scene since I was born. Growing up to love it and play it. Hmm, that's all. See ya around wink

~\m/  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:07 pm
Hello my name is gabystar and im 20.. and i sing. Mostly Opera, musical theater and hiphop. i want to be a hiphop singer.. but ya know how life is. thats a one in a million chance. I live in miami, florida and ive been singing since i was 5 years old. Ive been to performing arts schools all my life and i now go to Florida international university for vocal performance and elementary education. lol. im not really good at lyric writing... i have my sister for that... im just a girl with a voice. im a lyrical soprano.. singing is my life. i dont know what else im good at.... making scrambled eggs i guess. lol.  

diaper genie

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

eol_caladren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:07 am
Hello! I'm Eol. I'm from the Columbus, Ohio area. I'm 19. I'm a vocal major in college. My voice part is countertenor (although in choirs I have to sing tenor because most composers don't write for contertenors). I sing mostly classical and musical theater. I'm in the concert band here too. I play lots of instruments. I'm not going to list them all but I'll say the main ones (such as Clarinet. I play soprano, alto, bass, contralto, and contrabass clarinets but I'm just going to say clarinet). I play flute, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, French horn, tuba, euphonium, recorder, crumhorn, organ, and piano. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:24 pm
Hello! I am Austin, 14 from the USA. I play the Guitar Sax and Piano (wee bit xd ) I am a dancer at heart and can boogy with the best ( stare omg did I just say that?) I mix and create my own techno music on my computer under the DJ persona.....CLEANFREAK (bumbumbaaaa!!) I love broadway musicals and am currently obsesed with Avenue Q! I also am a singer.  

TheProphetOfAges

Candi Mandi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:17 pm
hello User Image
I'm Mandi. or well my friends call me Mandi, everyone else calls me Amanda, and a select few call me Angel... not 100% sure why but they do. I sing, wish i could play the guitar or the drums, love guitars.... tend to fall and worship everyone who picks up a guitar and plays well. i would like to play drums over guitars though. but the important part to me is singing i woulkd cry if i couldn't sing infact i have cried because i had strep and otehr throat infections cause i can no longer sing. singing means everything to me and i write my own music. instruments i have played inclued guitar, piano, flute, recorder and drums. I live in Ontario Canada, and I'd be more specific but i am moving soon to attend college in oakville this fall. I'm 18 as of Jan 20. I'm also a visual artist ^.^I love to dance and act as well, yes a well rounded artist ^.^ well agina hello all User Image and thanks for lettign me join this guild ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:09 am
hullo!

glad to finally get a chance to post. i've been so buys with work and things.
anyway

my name is lolli (or LP)
i am from the USA
i play guitar (guitar chix rule!)
i plan on starting a band. technically, i'm the only one not proficient enough in an instrument to be in the band...but how can they kick me out of something that is mine? i am way too hardcore (i'm sorry, i couldn't resisit).

i've been playing guitar for about 4 months now. i have an old beat-up acoustic Johnson that my brother took from his friend's "going to college" sale. i dunno why he was giving it away...

anyway, her name is lucielle diamond...named after my favorite song (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds) and my hero (Lucielle Ball). laugh if you must, but its the truth.

User Image
^Lucy^

well, once i actually get an electric guitar i would love to play speed/goth/black metal. i am a metal head. i love it. and will always love it. my favorite bands are:

cradle of filth
nightwish
lacuna coil
metallica
pantera
malice mizer (j)
penicillin (j)
psycho le cemu (j)
miyavi/duel quartz (j)
kittie
the cranberries
system of a down
staind
armor for sleep
silverstein
thursday
from autumn to ashes
trivium
seether

when the band starts up, we'd probably play music along the lines of kittie, staind, or some japanese bands because of my high-pitched singing voice. i would like to steer away from the pop-rock sounding garage bands. that is just no bueno. i love emo. shoot me.

i am self taught teaching. i have no instructor that is willing to teach a girl without trying to hit on her
-_-;
its really aggravating. everything i know, i learned from the internet, music videos, and trial and error.

my personal guitar goals are to develop my fingering skills (yes, i said fingering...get a good laugh) so the i can play more classical tunes on my acoustic. i also want to learn all my barre cords by heart

my dream is to be able to play Flight of the Bumble Bee on my guitar.
(i have high hopes)

i would love an online mentor (maybe another girl) to show me the ropes. thanks for taking the time to read all this! i am quite long winded!

feel free to PM or IM me!

<3
Lollipop Parallelogram

nick the joker

Ascend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm
Ello, my name is Ascend. <3

I play trombone, piano, and a little flute and tenor sax.

I love my trombone almost as much as life itself. heart heart heart

Well, okay, maybe not. But I love it a whole effing lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am
Hey, I'm Ruth from England. I'm 14, not really sure to put up here *thinks*. I play the guitar (beginner level) piano/keyboard, trumpet and baritone. I've been singing since I was kinda young with school concerts and stuff and had my first solo last year at Christmas. I like writing, reading, drawing and poetry. stare There all done not as painful as I thought it'd be. 3nodding  

tricky_angel

SorenKrane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:33 pm
Hi, I'm Soren from Canada 4laugh and I have been playing piano for 9 years and clarinet for 5 ! I recently have graduated but not before having the most kick butt band retreat ever to Karomeos: music under the 'K'. It was so hot, but so awesome. cool I am going to university to study music and major in piano. Piano playing is my life and over the years I have competed provincially and have made myself a reputation in my small town. I accompany anyone who asks, so therefore I have accompanied churches, elementary school and two high school choirs! whee Actually this year our high school's choir went to nationals and I was flown down to accompany them. I have been in band since grade 8 (that's when our community first offers it) and have been a total band geek ever since. This year our music department has aquired a new recording studio which was where I spent almost all of my school year in, recording, assisting in recording and using the phaser x on everything. Music is my love heart , and music is my life! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:19 pm
Howdy kids, I'm Joey from the greatest town ever Brampton.(I say that only because thats like the only town I've ever lived in.) I play bass I've been playing for about a year now and I kick a**. Me and my pal Ed are starting a metal band and are in dieing need of a name if you got any ideas PM me please and thanks. Well more about me my main hobbies are cartooning and play my bass I am fourteen and am going into grade nine this year. As for smarts I'm pretty average. My main influence on bass is Cliff Burton(R.I.P. he was a former Metallica bassist if you don't know.) and Flea from the Chilli Peppers. My bass I got right now is a Squier P-Bass, I got it to learn on and hope for a B.C.Rich Warlock soon enough. Well thats about all I got to tell if you want to know more PM me alright ciao kids.(I say kids all the time even to my parents so don't take offense.)  

Blackend Skies

LoFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:50 pm
Hey Name's Lo. I play acoustic+electric guitar, piano/keyboard, flute and sometimes clarinet when I borrow my sister's. I love singing and listening to rock music. I couldn't say what my favorite song is because there is so many. I love all rock/punk/emo/screamo bands. I've loved Linkin Park since I first heard about their band like four or five years ago on the internet. Linkin Park rox my sox! I like MCR, The Used, Taking Back Sunday, Silverstein, Better Than Ezra, Weezer, Fall Out Boy........Wow there's alot. I can't even think of them all... stressed Well bye!

~*~(Lo)~*~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:34 pm
Hi my name's Kendra I'm 17 and live in Texas and moving to Wisconsin for college next week and moving back to Texas after I graduate. I used to sing in my High School Choir where I sang Alto 2 and sometimes Tenor 1 and I'm going to try-out for my college choir. I love singing with my friends and critiquing their music that they compose. I love to mostly sing and listen to gospel music but I will listen to almost anything and sing almost anything. I don't play any instrument but I used to play the violin and piano which I hope to take back up later in life. I'm studying to become an Biomedical Engineer. I think that's it. rolleyes  

Karhd

450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

intansigent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:47 pm
Hey,

My name is Ashley. I play the electric bass, clarinet, bassoon, alto sax, drums, and some instruments that don''t really count. I live in Washington State. I am almost 16 years old. I like to carve, play with fire (yes, I am a pyro-maniac), carve, talk to people, make new friends, create stuff, work with computers, fix electrical (and sometimes non-electrical) stuff, hang out, and much more. Well, that pretty much is it about me. So, PM me- I love to make new friends!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:12 am
I'm Satu, from Finland, now playing flute at a conservatory(zomg, trying to use the dictionary...), for fifth year. I'm going to play 3/3 this autumn or next spring. I've also played piano for few years, at home since a toddler... Then I just love music, and I've tried a little to play violin, guitarr and drums.

I hope that I could make a band or get through as a solo artist sometime, maybe by going in Idols... But dunno, gotta see what future throws in my way... 3nodding  

Zeggo

AcousticEmu

Dapper Browser

1,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:42 pm
Hmm. Well I joined this guild a while back and haven't posted, as far as I can tell.
Here goes.
I'm AcousticEmu. I'm eighteen and I play guitar. I usually end up being rythm guitar whenever I play in a group, 'cause I'm not to bad with chords.
wink
I own a black Ibanez RX series (to lazy to run upstairs and check the model) electric guitar and a black Yamaha acoustic that I call my Johnny Cash edition.
I can't really sing or play anything else, hell, I can't even play guitar ( xd ) so that's about it.

heart

♥ Non-Music Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces