Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Halloween! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kittori

Anxious Blob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 am
I dressed up as a witch and went Trick or Treating.
Unfortunately, the insults by mothers did put a downer on my night.
I mean seriously, no one actually put an age limit on Trick or treating >n<
So no need to be rude in front of your children. [/frustration]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:22 am
My circle had a lengthy ritual involving yummy food, pumpkin carving, an underworld journey, and burning things we wanted to leave behind.

I made a jackal-lantern. Someone tripped over it and it got a little broken, but I'll put up a picture of it soon.  

TheDisreputableDog

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:02 pm
Kittori
There's an "unofficial" age limit here. If you're under nineteen, you can get in trouble for breaking curfew, which basically ensures all trick-or-treating has to be over by nine o'clock for the younger crowd and ten o'clock for the older kids, and people WILL call the cops on you for trespassing if you're an adult trick-or-treating alone. It's generally assumed people over thirteen out without kids on Halloween are troublemakers. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:18 pm
We had one set of Trick or treaters, the next doors kids.
I settled down for an early night. ^_^

If I do anything religious it'll be next week on the actual cross quarter day. I'll probrably honour my ancestors, Hades and Persephone, and possibly Demeter .  

patch99329

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 pm
patch99329
We had one set of Trick or treaters, the next doors kids.
I settled down for an early night. ^_^

If I do anything religious it'll be next week on the actual cross quarter day. I'll probrably honour my ancestors, Hades and Persephone, and possibly Demeter .

My friends and I are waiting til next week also. We're still not sure what we want to do exactly. We'll figure it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 pm
am sad...

dumb supper was anything but.

we sat around, people being quiet, while each shared a story of an ancestor passed. 5 of us, who had had some pass within this year, made a plate of food for our respective ancestors.

but people stammered that it wasn't necessary for me to be silent after i created the plate.

crying

they didn't get it until after the dinner portion, when i told them that it was an act of remembrance for my grandmother.

doh!

but at least i got to fall asleep and spend half an hour in the morning cuddling the twins. i think i'm better after this Samhain about them passing. much better actually.

i miss you boys much, but i will see you both again, heart  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:25 pm
The Indubitable Katie-Kat
Kittori
There's an "unofficial" age limit here. If you're under nineteen, you can get in trouble for breaking curfew, which basically ensures all trick-or-treating has to be over by nine o'clock for the younger crowd and ten o'clock for the older kids, and people WILL call the cops on you for trespassing if you're an adult trick-or-treating alone. It's generally assumed people over thirteen out without kids on Halloween are troublemakers. sweatdrop

Where are you for that to be there?

I swear, if my neighbour called the cops on anyone, I'd slander them for being unfestive.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:54 pm
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Kittori

Where are you for that to be there?

I swear, if my neighbour called the cops on anyone, I'd slander them for being unfestive.

Bellevue, Nebraska. Despite what people say about Southern or Midwestern hospitality, a lot of people in my neck of the woods are suspicious ********, particularly in regards to young people. And I look young enough that I get stopped on the suspicion that I'm breaking curfew.  

Calixti

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 pm
We had fun, we actually took my daughter to a party at my mother's church before TOTing. Her church is christian but very progressive and they are completely aware of our families beliefs and okay with it. We never get preached at or anything so I figured an hour of snacks and crafts would be fun. Plus they let the adults paint pumpkins and stamp leaf shapes too!

Then we went TOTing and ran into some friends' children they are 15 & 16 and good kids. We let them "borrow" our daughter for a block or so while we followed in the car. She loves them and they joked that she was "candy bait" Most houses hadn't had many trick or treaters and were more than happy to give out the candy by the handful. I did realize that people seem to have forgotten the (IMO) universal TOT signals. Have Candy=Porchlight on, No Candy=Porchlight off. Or did I miss something? By the end we were looking for open doors, decorations, and people sitting outside. I know lots of people only decorate inside so we may have missed some houses, but wee one was getting upset about all the "we're here and ignoring the door b/c we're too lazy to turn off our porchlight" houses.

When we got home I went through the candy haul and pulled out all the unwrapped bits and religious literature. smile

Next year I want to make Sugar Skulls and take the kids to the local Dia de los Muertos celebrations.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Bellevue, Nebraska. Despite what people say about Southern or Midwestern hospitality, a lot of people in my neck of the woods are suspicious ********, particularly in regards to young people. And I look young enough that I get stopped on the suspicion that I'm breaking curfew.

And then they wonder why so many young people leave the state at the first opportunity. It's ridiculous.

Being between jobs, my Halloween just consisted of staying up late watching Hellboy movies.
Oh, and imagining the looks on the faces of the children showing up at my parents house and seeing totally absurd candy like cucumber flavored lollipops and spaghetti licorice.
They also had normal candy, too, of course.  

Striga

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:28 pm
Well, initial plans fell thru.
Secondary plans fell thru...
I got clipped by a truck...
We sat at home and watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:53 am
Striga

And then they wonder why so many young people leave the state at the first opportunity. It's ridiculous.

Really? I thought it was that growing up among a bunch of conservative ******** made people lose any taste they might've had for Nebraska.  

Calixti

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm
Lotus Poem
Have Candy=Porchlight on, No Candy=Porchlight off. Or did I miss something?
last i knew, that was the case...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 am
Quote:
Quote:
Have Candy=Porchlight on, No Candy=Porchlight off. Or did I miss something?
last i knew, that was the case...

Apparently we all missed something, because last year we turned out all the lights and still had people walking down our longs a** drive way (in the dark) to knock on the door. And then they had the audacity to be pissed when we didn't have any candy. What I want to know is what parent lets young kids walk up to a darkened house by themselves? This year we just left the porch light on and put a table out with candy, while we took our kids out. Once we came back and turned the lights out, people seemed to respect it.

As far as my Samhain ritual, I waited until the 6th to do mine. I had done a remembrance ritual back in Aug at Lughnasadh (long story), so I choose to do a meditation this year for Samhain. Unfortunately the smudge stick that I use as part of my circle casting (which never stays lit) decided to burn from the inside out. So even though it initially looked like it was out/barely smoking, the core was well-lit. Needless to say my meditation didn't go very well. Here's to better luck next year. blaugh  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas