Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Sytem of a Down (Do You Like Them?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Damned666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:53 pm

I love 'em.
I have 43 of their songs downloaded at the moment. xp
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:16 pm

needs a name
You are obviously NOT individual if you listen to system of a down...they are totally and completely mainstream.

Excuse me little miss "i'm an unusual and totally original person because i don't listem to anything on the radio/tv" but who in the world says that just because we listen to SOAD we cannot be individual? And what determines if they are mainstream? the large fanbase or the music?

Yamir N. Mordecai

needs a name

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:24 pm

Deskflipper
needs a name
You are obviously NOT individual if you listen to system of a down...they are totally and completely mainstream.

Excuse me little miss "i'm an unusual and totally original person because i don't listem to anything on the radio/tv" but who in the world says that just because we listen to SOAD we cannot be individual? And what determines if they are mainstream? the large fanbase or the music?

Mainstream - something that is not out of the ordinary or unusual, something that is familar to the masses, something that belongs to an identifiable genre. The mainstream usually forces individuals to conform to the mores of the group. It is stated that mainstream is seen as the antithesis of individuality.

In this case System of a Down is heavy metal, some like to refer to it as alternative metal or nu metal. These are highly identifiable genres and system of a down is MOST definitely known to the masses. Thank you very much.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:43 pm

So anyone who listens to mainstream music is unoriginal? What justifies your statement and why do you make such statements? That is almost as bad as saying that all black people are poor and ghetto.

Yamir N. Mordecai

Twilight_hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:53 pm

needs a name
Deskflipper
needs a name

Mainstream - something that is not out of the ordinary or unusual, something that is familar to the masses, something that belongs to an identifiable genre. The mainstream usually forces individuals to conform to the mores of the group. It is stated that mainstream is seen as the antithesis of individuality.

In this case System of a Down is heavy metal, some like to refer to it as alternative metal or nu metal. These are highly identifiable genres and system of a down is MOST definitely known to the masses. Thank you very much.
all i have to say is as long as the music is good who gives a damn
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:55 pm

Deskflipper
So anyone who listens to mainstream music is unoriginal? What justifies your statement and why do you make such statements? That is almost as bad as saying that all black people are poor and ghetto.

I'm not saying their un-original. I'm saying that by listening to them you aren't individual, which that girl claimed to be. They have an extremely large fanbase.
You can't be individual when you listen to the same thing the majority listens to. It just makes you a conformist, especially if someone listens to it to fit in. Spooky kids for example, they all shop at hot topic, they all listen to mainstream music. They aren't individual. They are conformists. What do black people have to do with anything? Your veering off the subject.

needs a name

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 am

needs a name
I'm not saying their un-original. I'm saying that by listening to them you aren't individual, which that girl claimed to be. They have an extremely large fanbase.
You can't be individual when you listen to the same thing the majority listens to. It just makes you a conformist, especially if someone listens to it to fit in. Spooky kids for example, they all shop at hot topic, they all listen to mainstream music. They aren't individual. They are conformists. What do black people have to do with anything? Your veering off the subject.
By that definition of 'idividuality' everyone has to be the one single follower of a band in order to be individual (see: one person).

Frankly, I don't give a s**t about what people say about a band and no-one else should, if someone labels a band as crap just because they broke into the mainstream and a lot got more kids intersested in rock music instead of that shitty bubblegum pop and crazy-frog shite then well boo-hoo they're close minded 'non-conformists' who, actually are conforming to the whole non-conformist anti-establishment mentallity of the human nature.

Don't try to impose your opinions onto other people hun, believe it or not we're all our own selves and it just screams "I'm chock full of my own self importance even though 100 years after I'm dead no-one will know who the hell I was". You have good knowlage of 'Goth' music I'll give you that, but don't insult other members of this guild because not all of the bands they like are obscure.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 am

Leader of lost souls
all i have to say is as long as the music is good who gives a damn
Amen, praise the lord and all that jazz hun! Ahhhhh I love people that have seen the light and don't care about what the non-conformist sheep think.

Isobel Bellamy

needs a name

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:46 pm

I wasn't insulting anybody. I was correcting some girl and he butted in and made a big deal of it.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:42 am

And i apologize i probably did make a bigger deal out of it than what it really was. I just get a little edgy sometimes and can read things the wrong way.

Yamir N. Mordecai

needs a name

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:19 pm

Deskflipper
And i apologize i probably did make a bigger deal out of it than what it really was. I just get a little edgy sometimes and can read things the wrong way.

Well I apologize for yelling at you...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:36 pm

Awwww.... now that's everyone has apologized, we should all get together in a big group hug! Then we can sing and dance around with barney. Oh joy. Lots of sarcasm there, for people for argue endlessly about music genres and conformistic crap. You know what? You're all being conformist with even using the word 'conformist'. Jeez....

Anyway, though you (and this counts for everybody) may think you're all unique and stuff because you listen to non-mainstream and classic gothic rock, there are tons of goths who also do so. Proving, once again, by trying to be unique, you're all un-unique to the fact. There's 3 billion other humans out there, so go ahead, try to be different. Its impossible.

[ D i z z y ]

oODark_MageOo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:18 pm

I hate SOAD but thats only my opinion
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:28 pm

oODark_MageOo
I hate SOA

D but thats only my opinion

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! *claps on the back*

needs a name

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]