Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 am
Vampires have become "trendy" again lately...probably because of Twilight. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm
My favorite vampires are John and Miriam Blaylock from the Hunger, and Max Shreck in Shadow of the Vampire.  

Esoteric Order of Dagon

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am
Esoteric Order of Dagon
My favorite vampires are John and Miriam Blaylock from the Hunger, and Max Shreck in Shadow of the Vampire.

Are they books or movies? or even comics?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:40 am
Louis from the Vampire Chronicles
and Jean-Claude from the Anita Blake series.  

LolliLolliRot

Esoteric Order of Dagon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:29 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Esoteric Order of Dagon

The Blaylocks are from a series of books and a movie starring David Bowie, most popular in your generation for his role as Jareth in the Jim Henson film, the Labyrinth.

Max Shreck is the original actor who portrayed Count Orlock in the eerie silent film, Nosferatu. The premise of the film, "Shadow of the Vampire," is that Max Shreck was an actual vampire who wrought havoc on the set of Nosferatu.

Anyone who has ever claimed to be a member of alternative culture, especially Goth, needs to see The Hunger. It will make you s**t bats.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 am
Esoteric Order of Dagon
Shadow__Dweller
Esoteric Order of Dagon

The Blaylocks are from a series of books and a movie starring David Bowie, most popular in your generation for his role as Jareth in the Jim Henson film, the Labyrinth.

Max Shreck is the original actor who portrayed Count Orlock in the eerie silent film, Nosferatu. The premise of the film, "Shadow of the Vampire," is that Max Shreck was an actual vampire who wrought havoc on the set of Nosferatu.

Anyone who has ever claimed to be a member of alternative culture, especially Goth, needs to see The Hunger. It will make you s**t bats.

ah I know the David Bowie movie.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

novabeanies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:52 pm
Shadow__Dweller
I've never heard of it sweatdrop what's it about?

Its about a guy (Mick St. John) who gets bitten by his vampire love, Coraline, and turns into a vampire. Instead of biting people like the stereotypical vamp does, he drinks blood from hospitals and donation centers while living secluded from the world. He soon becomes a private detective, since he has sharpened, vampiric senses. :}

Then (about 100 years later) he meets Beth, a reporter who finds out he's a vampire. Mick falls in love with Beth and begins searching for a way to become human again.

Sorry for the long explanation. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 am
Shadow__Dweller
Esoteric Order of Dagon
Shadow__Dweller
Esoteric Order of Dagon

ah I know the David Bowie movie.

In my opinion they are two of the greatest, most stylish and original vampire films ever.

The Hunger also features the original Goth Anthem "Bela Lugosi's Dead' by Bauhaus.  

Esoteric Order of Dagon

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:09 am
Jasper the Immortal
Shadow__Dweller
I've never heard of it sweatdrop what's it about?

Its about a guy (Mick St. John) who gets bitten by his vampire love, Coraline, and turns into a vampire. Instead of biting people like the stereotypical vamp does, he drinks blood from hospitals and donation centers while living secluded from the world. He soon becomes a private detective, since he has sharpened, vampiric senses. :}

Then (about 100 years later) he meets Beth, a reporter who finds out he's a vampire. Mick falls in love with Beth and begins searching for a way to become human again.

Sorry for the long explanation. sweatdrop

cool. thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm
I have a huge selection of vampires that I absolutely love. Each one for many different reasons. The reason I think vampires how become popular again is because there are lots of book series and movie series that have been coming out in the last couple years that have a huge fan base. Twilight I'm sure is a big part of it, but I don't think that it's the only reason.  

Vampire lockk

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am
Vampire lockk
I have a huge selection of vampires that I absolutely love. Each one for many different reasons. The reason I think vampires how become popular again is because there are lots of book series and movie series that have been coming out in the last couple years that have a huge fan base. Twilight I'm sure is a big part of it, but I don't think that it's the only reason.

Vampire books have been around for ages though, so why is it just now that people are finding them more popular?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 am
Shadow__Dweller
Vampire lockk

Vampire books have been around for ages though, so why is it just now that people are finding them more popular?

People are actually reading. Notice how the shelves are now filled with "teen vampire romance"? Publishers are hoping to make a buck and a half off the new Twitlight phenomena. Hopefully, when the last movie gets made, this whole thing will blow over.  

Esoteric Order of Dagon

Unholy Omen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm
Dracula rocks!

Twilight sucks!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:26 am
Esoteric Order of Dagon
Shadow__Dweller
Vampire lockk

People are actually reading. Notice how the shelves are now filled with "teen vampire romance"? Publishers are hoping to make a buck and a half off the new Twitlight phenomena. Hopefully, when the last movie gets made, this whole thing will blow over.

Yeah you're right. Whenever I go to try and find a suitably decent "gothic style" book or a vampire novel all I can find are loads of teen romances or adult erotic romances....can't anyone write a decent vampire novel that isn't for the sole purpose of being romantic or erotic?  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Esoteric Order of Dagon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:52 am
Shadow__Dweller
Esoteric Order of Dagon
Shadow__Dweller
Vampire lockk

Yeah you're right. Whenever I go to try and find a suitably decent "gothic style" book or a vampire novel all I can find are loads of teen romances or adult erotic romances....can't anyone write a decent vampire novel that isn't for the sole purpose of being romantic or erotic?

Again, I really want to read the Hunger. I have the movie, and I've been able to steal peaks at the book, and it looks simply fabulous.

However, Gothic Fiction does stem beyond vampires. I highly recommend the works of H.P Lovecraft, and Clive Barker. I'm also looking to get my hands on a Poppy Z. Brite book, as she is quite a hot topic in the Goth community.  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff