Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga/Anime][Junjou Romantica] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm
I love the fact that I created this thread, and then proceed/proceeded to ignore it for months on end ^^; What can I say, my manga obsessions rise and fall randomly. I suppose that's mainly because I am collecting so many series at once. I'll start re-reading the series of the most recent manga I buy to get caught up with it, and then just start obsessing. It's pretty sad. Needless to say I dropped, then picked up Junjou Romantica... yeah, as recently as last night I pulled out all the manga again, and started watching the anime on youtube. It's been nice because I have finally had a smidgen of free time for it. I am in college full time, and holding down a part time job, so between school, homework, and work, I hardly get to indulge in myself anymore.

I am however, quite irritated with myself, that this series releases my inner fangirl. Last night I felt like I was in grade 9 again, gushing over Misaski and Usagi like I was. I will say though, that my feelings on Nowaki and Hiroki's relationship haven't changed... and I am still behind on Shinobu and Miyagi's. Nowaki just grates on me, and I think the only reason I moderately like that relationship is because I like how tormented Hiroki is over everything. As for Shinobu and Miyagi... I am just getting to their relationship now... but the age difference squicks me out a little... and I dunno, even though it's not TECHNICALLY incest, it still feels like incest, and I have never enjoyed that. I think their only saving grace is Shinobu for me. >> << And is it just me, or does Shinobu remind anyone else of a gay Light Yagami? XDDDDD It's the hair, it's all the hair.

Lol, so yeah, that's where I am with it now, and I have NOT fallen off the edge of the earth nor did I intend to abandon my own thread, I have just been insanely busy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 am
There are some moments that are amusing but overall I find this title rather bland following the classic BL bases far too closely. Perhaps jaded by diversity there seems to be nothing new, nothing refreshing about the main paring. However, that being said, the side romances of NowakixHiroki I do like. The level of drama between them and the situations that occur between them, being far less off the wall ridiculous, makes them seem more realistic and down to earth. If the series featured these two I would have been far more likely to pick it up.  

Maple Evening

8,650 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

YaoiIsDelicious

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 pm
I absolutely adore both the anime and manga of Junjou Romantica. My favorite couples would go in this order: Usagi x Misaki, Shinobu x Miyagi, and then Nowaki x Hiroki.

I'm surprised at all the people who don't like Shinobu and Miyagi... They're pretty much up there with Usagi and Misaki for me. I love big gaps in age... makes their love even more forbidden then it already is. heart I just wish they'd of done more stuff in the anime with this couple! emo

Nowaki and Hiroki's relationship is the one I like least for many a reason. One, I hate Hiroki's attitude toward Nowaki... he sorta comes off as a huge d*ck. Plus their relationship is so weak that they can't even communicate to each other properly (about the whole Nowaki going abroad thing). Seems like they both are pretty selfish in the relationship and only think about themselves in the long run.

But all-in-all, the anime was pretty great. Although I'm starting to enjoy the manga a little more... it's a little more comical in my opinion. Plus I'm not too picky about the art as long as the story is a good one, and it is! <3  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games