Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
African American Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your race?
  African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
babykitty18
Dark PacMan
i dont treat black people any more different than white
i love black people
but then again
the whole gang thing just ticks me off
the bloods, the crips, the KKK
even though that not for black ppl, lol
i hate gang crisis with passion

So do i! It gives black boys a bad name. The minute u see baggy jeans and black skin "they" automatically assume he's a gang member. Wen usually thats not the case! And im so glad u love black ppl! lmao xp xd
The bad rep does come mostly from the police brutality in LA though. I mean you'd be shocked how many LA'ers under 18 have never heard of the LA Riots when the African American gangs united against the police to stand up against the bullshit they were put under.
You mean the Rodney King riots?

....SOMEONE OF MY GENERATION OTHER THEN ME REMEMBERS THEM!

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

Do I get extra points for having been born only a year before the riots, and still remembering? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:19 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
babykitty18
Dark PacMan
i love black people
but then again

So do i! It gives black boys a bad name. The minute u see baggy jeans and black skin "they" automatically assume he's a gang member. Wen usually thats not the case! And im so glad u love black ppl! lmao xp xd
The bad rep does come mostly from the police brutality in LA though. I mean you'd be shocked how many LA'ers under 18 have never heard of the LA Riots when the African American gangs united against the police to stand up against the bullshit they were put under.

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

Do I get extra points for having been born only a year before the riots, and still remembering? xd
YES OH! GOD YES!

I speak to people my age... who live in Cali... and have never heard of them... I'm so happy some of my faith in youth is restored. crying  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 am
Time to chime in.

I'm not African American. I'm white. I live in the Detroit area. I personally think that goth fashion is just as complimentary to africans as it is to caucasians. I often recieve compliments on my gothier clothes from non-goth african americans.

Not much else to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:44 am
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

YES OH! GOD YES!

I speak to people my age... who live in Cali... and have never heard of them... I'm so happy some of my faith in youth is restored. crying
Ummm thanks Rellik....

I'm the only person I know (my age) that knows about them....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

YES OH! GOD YES!

Ummm thanks Rellik....

Its a sad sad age, I wouldn't mind it was only what? 15 years ago?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:02 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

YES OH! GOD YES!

Ummm thanks Rellik....

Its a sad sad age, I wouldn't mind it was only what? 15 years ago?

Yah.

Hmm...I don't really have any faith in my generation either...except for three people.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:58 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

*HUGS TIGHTLY*

YES OH! GOD YES!

Ummm thanks Rellik....

you can add me to the list and i'm on the east coast of canada.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:33 pm
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.

NekoYasha09er

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:49 pm
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.
I don't get the oreo thing. People are people. Jeesh...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:56 pm
XWraith_LordX
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9

People are just slow. Well not all people.

NekoYasha09er

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:40 pm
Rellik San
babykitty18
Dark PacMan
i love black people
but then again

I don't remember them because I was only a year old when it happened, but I've read about the whole thing. I'm completely unaware if that type of s**t is still going on (which I know it is), but there aren't any issues around where I live (that I'm aware of anyway). I'm afraid I don't get out much, mostly I just go to school and I don't talk to people a whole lot there.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:51 am
anyway slightly off topic but not entirely. white goth rapper, your thopughts.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:18 am
NekoYasha09er
XWraith_LordX
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9

People are just slow. Well not all people.
I always liked 'Are you a gothic?' for the retort 'Nah I ain't a type of archetecture mate.'  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:14 pm
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9

i get that all the time too, but i don't give a damn, besides oreos are delicious so i think of it as a compliment.
and i always hear that i'm a white girl in a black girls body, which is stupid. i am not defined by what skin color i am, or my gender or any physical attributes. i am defined by who i am on the inside, and my inside has no color. actually, i think i had said this before somewhere on this guild, but it bears repeating.
so my sympathy goes out to anyone whose getting the same s**t that i am.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

Ayame_Rikimayu

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:16 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
anyway slightly off topic but not entirely. white goth rapper, your thopughts.

the media will throw a fit, is what i think.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff