Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Movies and TV shows! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:41 am
Maybe it was due to the different perspectives held by the directors? But it is after all an American production, so some things were trumped up more. But these movies make you forget the horrible aftertaste you get from watching Pearl Harbor. I still say that Tora! Tora! Tora! is the best movie about that day ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 am
Well I have to point out that both movies were directed by Clint Eastwood. But yeah, he's American. So it'll have an American perspective.

And yeah. I agree, Tora! Tora! Tora! was much better than Pearl Harbour  

Marcus McFlufferson

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:07 am
Akira Kurosawa wrote the Japanese parts of the movie, putting those little touches on the dialog. What I like the most is that for a movie from an age where over the top drama was the norm it was a real piece of history being retold without much of poetic stuff. Plus such movies always get bonus points from me when they let the soldiers speak the language of their respective country.

Did you see the movie about the Battle of Britain by any chance? It was crap, but hopefully a whole lot better than the American attempt at portraying the battle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:33 am
Hm. I don't think I did. Does it have a name?  

Marcus McFlufferson

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:46 am
"Battle of Britain" starring Michael Caine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 pm
Ah nooo. I haven't seen that.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 am
I recently had the pleasure of seeing Batman - Gotham Knight feature, which is a lot like the Animatrix in style and format. I never was a big fan of the bat but this was quite entertaining, if only to see a bishonen version of Bruce Wayne and a fatty batman mrgreen

I've also stumbled upon the anime series of Starship Troopers done during the 80's. Not quite a lot like the books but at least it has robotic suits. None of the politics though sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 pm
Lady Blodwynn
I've also stumbled upon the anime series of Starship Troopers done during the 80's. Not quite a lot like the books but at least it has robotic suits. None of the politics though sad
Wait, the computer animated one, or was it anime? I knew that there was a manga, but I didn't know that there was an anime. This is rather relevent to my interests.  

Xenos Mortium

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm entirely displeased. My girlfriend is out of town and I can't justify it to go and see movies by myself. Dark Knight, Hancock, Hellboy II...cripes. Its painful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 pm
Caleidah

I'm entirely displeased. My girlfriend is out of town and I can't justify it to go and see movies by myself. Dark Knight, Hancock, Hellboy II...cripes. Its painful.
Dang. When's she going to be back?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm
DarkElf27
Caleidah

Dang. When's she going to be back?

The end of August. TT~TT
Oh well. Odds are that I'll go to see Hellboy II with my dad. He's a huge fan of Ron Pearlman, and I like Hellboy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 am
you must all go see W.A.L.L. E  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 am
Xenos Mortium
Lady Blodwynn
Wait, the computer animated one, or was it anime? I knew that there was a manga, but I didn't know that there was an anime. This is rather relevent to my interests.
An anime from the 80's, not that crappy CGI series tailored towards kids. If you want I can hook you up with those anime episodes ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 am
Mat
I concur! surprised  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Mat
I concur! surprised

Yet another movie I shall have to wait until the end of August to see.
Accursed relationships...

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces