Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What Do You Think Of Anime Popularity Factor? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RabidAnt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Well, might have been put in that way to build support for continuation for the series, that thus far, has unfortunately not borne results. And not sure how many good fights he can get in protecting Kayko (sp?). I mean most people who would CARE to pick on her he could take out with the wind blast from his punches.

And yep, sounds like I'll have to give Hikaru no Go a go.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:10 am
I am not sure about that Yusuke was not strong enough too beat all those guys up at the last tournament.
And those guys also started further training etc...so my guess would been that we would atleast get 1 more good tournament or somesort like that.

Well I guess we can all just only hope YYH manga will make it further because it deserves a better ending then this, I love it too much to have it ended like this.

I don´t know if you download the animes through Direct Download or through Torrents.
So if you can´t find it I might be able too give you a torrent file.  

Diabolist

RabidAnt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:53 am
I'm typically a direct download person myself. And in regards to people stronger then Yusuke, I meant people who would go to the trouble of kidnapping Kayko instead of just going directly to Yusuke. And yup, hope it keeps on going.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:47 am
Well yeah thats true, don´t really think anyone strong enough will be send out and kidnapp yeah, but I mean if you look at the possibilities there still was.
Yusuke was basically new too his demonic powers and he is now actually a walking corps as his heart doesnt beat as a demon, and he died as a human so.

Also Genkai is still alive at that point etc...so more training more prepairing and all, also proably things I missed out.
There is just too much open ends in the anime wich could be expanded easily with good action if you consider some more evilness in Yusuke.

I mean it might even get interresting if Yusuke actually did became somewhat evil and for a while basically has too fight his friends and a battle against himself gaining back control of his new demoic powers.  

Diabolist

RabidAnt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:37 am
That's true, but I would also be nervous they would string the anime along forever and just start pulling random ideas and never llet the anime die until the quality hit rock bottom.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 pm
Hmmm yeah true, was kinda the same with Naruto way too many fillers wich were just totally annoying and crappy ofcourse.
I know it was because they catched up on the manga, but still I mean, the fillers were just useless it had o sense at all.

Guess longer animes have a weakness sometimes if it gets too long I guess, although One Piece just been superb in my eyes no crappy episodes at all for my taste.

And Hikaru no Go 75 is just perfect not too few and not too many just as it should been biggrin  

Diabolist

RabidAnt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:26 am
Yup yup, fine line between balancing character exploration and character exploitation in anime.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:31 am
Yeah definitely I have too say they sure show perfectly the growth of the characters and yet they keep up the excitement of it.
I mean usually you see anime chars just beating up everyone and being stronger without actually any showing of why they increased it.

But HnG is differend from those animes, but many of the animes I usually watch have these kind of progression now though wich I quite love too see in the animes.

Think those things and the curiosness of myself makes it interresting too see developments between characters and how they go by the storyline.  

Diabolist

KingRaizen_51

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:59 am
i in particular like any anime ive seen but i havent seen to much subes ones  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 pm
I remember when anime was just taking off. The first manga i got was Sailor moon and Gundam wing. It was thrilling to buy the first one, that was about 12 years ago.  

Sinmodonly

Zero Justice315

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:39 pm
I prefer subbed, but other than that, I think that people need to keep their anime hating opinions to themselves. Sure, a lot of people like anime, but some people don't. They need to shut up.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:15 pm
even though I kinda like the feeling of having an anime all to myself, having it be a secret...I kinda like it when it's popular and I can discuss it with my friends, as far as dubbing and subing goes if I can watch the anime in Japanese I will, though i'm a bit lazy so I succumb to the English if that's all that's available  

Dont_be_a_Squidward

Tenacious Duck

10,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Master Slayer 200

dinieb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:45 am
i don't really like dubbed anime... they have a tendency of being awfully terrible... haha... sorry... i hope noone takes any offence... to me... subbed is like sooo much better... and those fansubbed anime always tend to be better quality as compared to those dubbed versions...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:14 pm
MistressOfTheShadows
do you prefer anime that has been dubbed into popularity, anime only dubbed on DVD, or anime that's only available in Japanese sub? Personaly I believe popularity dosen't matter. I love popular, unpopular, & virtually unknown anime!!! You should fallow your heart love what you love. After all, popularity won't change the storyline or remove your favorite charactors from it. For all you know, in the boring streach of the show... you chould be but a handful of episode away from an exiting plot twist that will introduce awasome & hot new charactors. I pitty the poor, unfortunate, ignorent, pathic, fair-weather-fans who blew there chance to drool over Jakotsu & Bankotsu I wish they could be mercifully killed by Naraku only to be brought back to wander the earth like Kikyo. & to thoughs fans *you know who you are* I mean what I said & make no apology for my assault on your dignity

Personally I don't care as long as there is a good plot with it. Something that will keep me interested and want to see more of it. That's why I have to see anime from the beginning in order to know the main characters well (Basically to know their personalities.).  

Tasha21

kuro xx mae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:36 pm
Personally, I think that most of the "popular" Anime are actually not the best shows out there. People only seem to go after shows that have "cute" or let's say "hot" characters but they really don't look into the deeper side of the show. Take Ouran High School Host Club for example. I love that show, it has lovable characters and is absolutely hilarious! However, that doesn't make it an "awesome" show. Other shows like Honey and Clover, have deeper meaning and you can actually connect to it. Some people hated that show, but they probably don't have much tolerance for "slow" and innovative shows like that. I started out hating it, but because I stuck to it, I grew to love it. I think that most of the shows that are dubbed and licensed aren't the best shows there are. They only choose the most popular ones. Saiunkoku Monogatari is an awesome show and I love it, but it isn't the best show out there. Many of those amazing shows that really leave an impression have yet to be seen by dubbing companies. That's my opinion. I don't watch shows just because they have a high rating or are very popular, I watch them for their content.

Then again, it really is your opinion on what you like or don't or what is the best or worst. I just believe that many wonderful Anime out there are overlooked because they aren't as popular. [Or the character designs aren't as favorable.]

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff