Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ara Llynn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:12 pm
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte

As for my boyfriend, apparently he likes the mysterious appeal I seem to be giving off. sweatdrop

The only mystery around me is whether or not I'm involved in illegal dealings, am a man or a woman, and sacrifice rabbits in my yard. confused

Aww, why would anyone think we kill rabbits? I don't know about you, but I adore them too much to sacrifice them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 am
I think school uniforms are cool. Well depends how they look like because some can look kinda dodgy.In the Netherlands goth is known there but some people always give stupid comments. Some "normal" people like it. In Ireland goth is not as common as The Netherlands or as in England for that matter. It's small but it's there.  

Siouxsie A

broken_joker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 am
I'm not sure about the rest of the UK but Goth gets a fairly rough deal from most people...although CV1 (city centre police) love us for the simple reason that we don't cause trouble and comply with their requests for us to move.

But walk down the street, people cross the road, throw things at you...I get slipknot, go kill yourself and Marilyn Manson shouted at me a fair bit.

But college is very relaxed about clothing, the don't mind as long as it isn't too offensive or revealing. Schools are pretty much the same on non-uniform days. But uniforms must be adhered to as strictly as possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:45 am
Yeah bouncers love us to.They don't have to kick people out for causing trouble at venues. I'd love to go back to England but i'm enjoying Amsterdam to. I moved in with friends for a while. The goth scene is bigger in England but ah well the Netherlands is a rather small country but i love it all the same  

Siouxsie A

Dark_Style

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm
Here in the US you are allowed to be as goth as you'd like. The way you are treated is different from area to area. More southern states are more likely to be prejudiced than northern ones. In my state (Washington) some cities are more accepting than others, Seattle is so used to goth kids you might get a compliment on your state of dress or not even a second glance. Some areas like Bellevue or Bainbridge get you stared at or picked on but, whatever it;s their loss. Some smaller yet accepting areas like Woodinville, or Mill Creek might have someone look you over twice but, not really that much of an issue.

Sometimes law enforcement may give you a look over as there have been a few negative connentations to goths (Columbine even though those guys were not goths.) and poser goths in my city love to shoplift. I haven't done anything to get on the Po's bad side so I never have trouble with them, the campus security is cool with me ever sice I brought in a few lost items to them. They even say good morning to me on their rounds.

I can't tell if when a bus driver looks me over is he assessing weather I am a threat or making sure my tripp pants aren't getting hooked on the bus when I go up the little stairs to get aboard. Most bus drivers have seen many goth kids so I am guessing that is what it is. They seem to make sure I get all the way off before going again so they don't drag me by the chains of my tripps lol. Plus, most of my bus drivers are nice and interesting to talk to so I think that they are not too judgemental after I talk to them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 pm
Ara Dertah Dainte
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte

As for my boyfriend, apparently he likes the mysterious appeal I seem to be giving off. sweatdrop

The only mystery around me is whether or not I'm involved in illegal dealings, am a man or a woman, and sacrifice rabbits in my yard. confused

Aww, why would anyone think we kill rabbits? I don't know about you, but I adore them too much to sacrifice them. 3nodding
See, look at all the crazy stuff people come up with when they don't know you.

I like rabbits. 3nodding  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 pm
Odd, People didn't think I sacrifice anything yet, but some called me Satanist before and they were close friends, they thought it was funny, but i never like it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:18 pm
Hmm...............Well, I live in the US. To be slightly more specific, the east coast in a very small town. I get strange stares because I'm the only goth kid at my school. I don't even go all out at school. Mostly black jeans and sometimes my plaid ones, tee-shirts, maybe a necklace, normal tennis shoes, earrings, and of course my glasses. They're thick-rimmed. I kinda need the thick-rimmed kind through cause they tend to get knocked off my face and my mom would kill me if I broke them.

I normally don't even go all out in public either except sometimes when I go to a big city (like when I go to Washington D.C.). I don't mind the stares as much when I know I look odd. I sometimes tend to mix cosplay with my lovely wardrobe. Cat ears, costume goggles, ninja headbands, my Akatsuki cloak, bits and pieces from my past cosplays and the occasional Misa Amane mini pigtails. And normally I only switch my shoes to my green hightops or my black heels if I need to. Yes, I'm a huge anime fan. I have found a few gothic/horror series I have liked but I mostly read fantasy, action and shoujo manga and I watch Naruto. I'm a big fan of that and my second favorite is Sailor Moon.

Although, when I go see my cousins in Canada, who are thankfully all adults cause I can't stand kids, I fit right in. They live in a wonderful place called Toronto which has a rather large goth community. Being goth is much more accepted there. I actually found a wikipedia page on it. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_goth_scene

If I'm not making much sense, sorry. I'm tired and just barely awake. Anyway, yeah.......  

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

Blackdeviation

900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:07 am
I'm from sweden, here goth is a own culture but the last 10 years the goth have become more accepted and now days there are only old people that think it strange (ink my mother and granmother) my sister is R&B person so she does not like goth ether.
My self is not so mutch of a goth in style, more in spirit. Most "goth I have is that I dress in black cloth and have a trenchcoat. But real goth people does not call me goth.
Emo is the most growing culture in sweden. Hip hop is minority and are usaly the the people that are most lought because they just gangsta wannebis.

My girlfriend has no problem with me so far, but then again i'm not so mutch goth on the outside.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 am
Blackdeviation
I'm from sweden, here goth is a own culture but the last 10 years the goth have become more accepted and now days there are only old people that think it strange (ink my mother and granmother) my sister is R&B person so she does not like goth ether.
Which county do you live in?
Because I'm sure one or two people I would know in Sweden would love to live in a more accepting area.  

broken_joker

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:31 pm
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte

I like rabbits. 3nodding
I accidently dropped something on a rabbit and broke its leg, I figured since it couldn't live in the wild any longer I should kill it, then I realized I've always wanted to drown something...
long story short I killed it in a fast way, and decided against drowning it. Does that count as sacrificing a rabbit?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:43 am
I don't think that's sacrifising a rabbit. That's just killing a rabbit.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:48 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte
XWraith_LordX
Ara Dertah Dainte

I like rabbits. 3nodding
I accidently dropped something on a rabbit and broke its leg, I figured since it couldn't live in the wild any longer I should kill it, then I realized I've always wanted to drown something...
long story short I killed it in a fast way, and decided against drowning it. Does that count as sacrificing a rabbit?
I've always wanted to save someone from drowning, but rabbits don't count. I sort of have saved people from drowning already but I want to do it again, I want to save somebody else.

Hmm....I don't think it would count. Unless you were subconsiously doing it as some sort of ritual. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:12 pm
Where I live, in a smallish town on the east coast of Nova Scotia, people will call you a slut just for wearing fishnets, it doesn't matter if it's a shirt or leggings or whatever. And here, goth seems to have been forgotten almost completely. If you wear black here, they call you emo and then they attempt to make fun of you (which is actually quite sad). I've even had parents tell their children to stay away from me, just for the fact that I wear a lot of black, and older people either refuse to look at you or talk down to you. But if you head over to a bigger town, or into the city, people barely batt an eyelid. It's really odd.  

Argentum

7,400 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Befriended 100

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 pm
Gothic Muffin of Doom
I don't think that's sacrifising a rabbit. That's just killing a rabbit.
Ok, then I've never sacrificed a rabbit.

@XWraith_LordX : You want to save someone from drowning? well I want to drown someone...hey, I'll drown someone, and you save them!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff