Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
What are YOU currently reading? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue Bit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:51 pm
Dunsinane Hill

I'm reading the Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin. I read A Wizard of Earthsea, and I'm starting The Tombs of Atuan. They're great.

I loved that series. Make sure you read Tales from Earthsea and the Other Wind. They came out much later than the original series, but are also very good.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am
Blue Bit
Dunsinane Hill

I'm reading the Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin. I read A Wizard of Earthsea, and I'm starting The Tombs of Atuan. They're great.

I loved that series. Make sure you read Tales from Earthsea and the Other Wind. They came out much later than the original series, but are also very good.

I certainly shall. I just finished reading The Tombs of Atuan. I loved it. Le Guin is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.  

Dunsinane Hill

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:54 pm
A collection of Angela Carter's fairy tales. I picked it up in a second hand and out of print book store when my sister and I went away for the weekend (and I randomly got hired to dance at a ren faire...). It's like fairy tales for the older set and quite interesting, actually. They all end a bit abruptly and they're not as sentimental as even the Grimm's collection. I'm only just starting, though, so...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:02 pm
i have read and loved Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck heart
youve probably heard of it as a boring novel that has no point *and its not fantasy either* but it is REALLY good
its about 2 men: Lennie who is mentally retarded and really big and George who is a small man and really smart. George takes care of Lennie, and they have to escape to a new town because Lennie loves to touch or pet the things he sees and he saw a velvet dress, so he grabbed the hem of it and the girl, thinking that he was going to sexually abuse her started screaming and hitting him so he became really scared and his arms locked onto the dress. at the new town, the same thing happens and some other event *REALLY dramatic* but im not going to spoil it...

if u have read this story, who's side are on in the major problem? Lennie or George? (i side with Lennie)  

PsychoticSparkle

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 pm
Just finished The Farthest Shore by Ursula K. Le Guin. It was incredible. That about sums it up, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 pm
Let me be your wings

Seventy-Seven Clocks by Christopher Fowler. So far it's a great mystery that, I think, may involve time travel, although I'm not sure.

Let me take you far beyond the stars

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

neo1223

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 am
harry potter and the camber of secrets
it,s a series
main caricter is harry
i just be gun this book to day so im on page 11  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:07 pm
I am reading a book my friend lent me by Christopher Moore called A Dirty Job. It's about this loser guy who finds out he's a sort of messenger of death. It's absolutely hilarious, but at the same time has some deep stuff in it. Brilliant. I definitely recomend it, but only to mature readers. Moore's favorite word starts with an F. ninja  

Phoelidae

Dangerous Survivor

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm
Breaking Dawn, and I can't get through it. Dangit, Jacob Black needs to shut up.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:23 am
Guardians of the Forest by Graham McNeill

It is a amazing book that looks at the lives of the wood elves in the warhammer world, and shows how in their greatest hour they suffered what they believes was a lesser race in a effort to save their wood land home from the mutated monsters of chaos and a lord of chaos. The story is good for those whom love combat, little sauciness, battle humor and seeing the clash of two cultures

Erynion Leafblade

Demon Days

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:22 pm
hunger games by suzanne collins  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 pm
Brave New World and some Shakespeare.  

Catherine of Aragon

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:51 am
shadow_angel321
Brave New World and some Shakespeare.

Both excellent choices.

I'm finally reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, which I deduce many of you have read from the fact that the guild is named for it. It's quite good thus far, though the size is a bit daunting in light of all the other things I'm doing right now. But I'll get through it!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:29 pm
i got Chalice by Robin McKinley for Chrostmas, so i'm into that.

it's fairly short, but i'm to the point where everybody starts to pick on her so i put it down until i felt stronger

what a wimp i am!  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

`Chefinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 am
I just finished The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer, I absolutely love the Artemis Fowl series!!!!  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff