Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
your fave Gundam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm
Wyrn
kremmit
AnbuBattousai666
HEAVYARM GUNDAM

Yes we got a taker for Heavyarms so far the count is:
Wing Zero-1
Epyon-1
Deathscythe-2
Qubeley-1
Heavyarms-1

User Image

Looks like everyone has their own favorite.

Seems like no one suit is the best.

Yes I know that is why this is a good topic but everyone sems to go with the mainstream anime like bleach and naruto oh have you seen Gundam X if you have do you remember the Vertigo if not you should watch it and give me your opinion on the Vertigo  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:47 pm
Kailan Kancho Katipunero
Turn A with it's Butterfly Effect, and Regeneration. That, and instead of the common V-fin there's a mustache like thingy.

I was expecting this one and yes you have a good point and the fact that the cockpit is in the pelvis makes it a interesting choice.  

kremmit

Angelic Genius

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:00 am
kremmit

Yes I know that is why this is a good topic but everyone sems to go with the mainstream anime like bleach and naruto oh have you seen Gundam X if you have do you remember the Vertigo if not you should watch it and give me your opinion on the Vertigo

User Image

I do like the Vertigo suits though I did not have the same wow factor i got from the Qubeley.

Also I have seen every Gundam including the Live Action except for Seed Destiny since Seed pissed me off so much. I dislike Gundam for girls.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:13 am
Uh, Gundam Seed is for girls? I suppose I would have to watch it then stare I'm kinda curious how it's for girls. More drama/soap-opera storylines? There was also a lot of bishounen in Wing...

Sorry if I sounded annoyed at all. It's just the phrasing that got me.  

Zalantra

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:02 pm
Zalantra
Uh, Gundam Seed is for girls? I suppose I would have to watch it then stare I'm kinda curious how it's for girls. More drama/soap-opera storylines? There was also a lot of bishounen in Wing...

It's ok and yes SEED has a lot more drama and bishounen and that is why there are a lot of people who dislike the series personally I don't care about the drama or the bishounen I look at the story and try to get more in deep with it than what they show I like reading the emotions shown in the dialogue and the animation and predict what's going to happen next.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:01 pm
Zalantra

I consider Wing, Seed, and 00 to be Gundam for Girls.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:59 pm
Wyrn
Zalantra

I consider Wing, Seed, and 00 to be Gundam for Girls.

Woah dude 00 for girls I don't know about that  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 pm
I do agree that Wing had an interesting and sometimes convoluted plot (maybe it was just me) and the bishounen just felt like an afterthought.

If Wing and SEED are both considered...for girls...capital Girls...perhaps they're trying to get the female population interested in what used to be a purely male-based audience, through pretty boys? I have no clue, it's just a guess. I found the fight scenes amazing myself.

Kremmit, nice wizardly look.  

Zalantra

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:38 pm
Zalantra
I do agree that Wing had an interesting and sometimes convoluted plot (maybe it was just me) and the bishounen just felt like an afterthought.

If Wing and SEED are both considered...for girls...capital Girls...perhaps they're trying to get the female population interested in what used to be a purely male-based audience, through pretty boys? I have no clue, it's just a guess. I found the fight scenes amazing myself.

Kremmit, nice wizardly look.

Thanks all I need is to get a summoning tome and it's complete.
And you are right Zal (mind if I call you that) Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny were released for the sole purpose of recruiting girls and that's why the SEED series has so much hate mail it even had an article on Newtype magazine explaining that the SEED series are aimed towards girls since now and days there are a lot more girls that watch and enjoy anime
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:41 am
kremmit

User Image

Koga Yun was brought in for Gundam 00. Koga Yun's work has almost always been Shoujo with hints of homo-eroticism. While I do love her series Gestalt, she has no place in the Gundam Universe.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Zalantra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:47 am
kremmit

And you are right Zal (mind if I call you that) Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny were released for the sole purpose of recruiting girls and that's why the SEED series has so much hate mail it even had an article on Newtype magazine explaining that the SEED series are aimed towards girls since now and days there are a lot more girls that watch and enjoy anime
3nodding

I don't mind if you call me that. Much easier to write out, isn't it?
Isn't there a second SEED series? And I find it kinda funny that they got so much hate mail. Aren't there still awesome mecha fights? Unless if it became super romanticized ("___, I love you but I can't have you since we're on opposing...mecha fight teams!"). In that case I wouldn't like it either...but I can't see it becoming that romantic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 pm
Wyrn
kremmit

User Image

Koga Yun was brought in for Gundam 00. Koga Yun's work has almost always been Shoujo with hints of homo-eroticism. While I do love her series Gestalt, she has no place in the Gundam Universe.

OK point well taken but so far it's been pretty good and hasn't disappointed me yet  

kremmit

Angelic Genius

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:29 pm
Zalantra
kremmit

3nodding

I don't mind if you call me that. Much easier to write out, isn't it?
Isn't there a second SEED series? And I find it kinda funny that they got so much hate mail. Aren't there still awesome mecha fights? Unless if it became super romanticized ("___, I love you but I can't have you since we're on opposing...mecha fight teams!"). In that case I wouldn't like it either...but I can't see it becoming that romantic.

Thanks you made my job a lot easier smile and as for the second SEED series yes it is ("___, I love you but I can't have you since we're on opposing...mecha fight teams!") so yeah it's kinda slow at the beginning but then it picks up when the girl dies and the guy goes berserk cause of it as for the fight sequences they are good but since Kira from the first series is also in it there are a lot people who think that it was unnecessary for a guy who never gets shot down to be there  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm
Oh, Kira is too good?

And that's hilarious, the fact that it has my sketchy romantic-plot in it xp So the first SEED is better than the first?  

Zalantra

Saiyajin of the Twilight

Dapper Businessman

5,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:35 pm
My favorite gundam would have to be Nadeleeh or Dynames from Gundam 00. Nadeleeh seems like one of the strongest and most evil gundams invented with its ability to use its shoulder cannons quite efficiently. Also, Dynames is a strong contender since it is capable of shooting a target in space while being on Earth with extreme precision.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff