Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Book Talk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 am
Now I'm reading the E-book Star Trek 2009 Movie Novelization By Alan Dean Foster.

It's really good. You get some more background info to the story that the movie dosen't show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 am
WOOT!! Bought the new Star Trek movie book yesterday!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

MortalX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 am
I'm a huge fun of Peter David's trek series & also his comics that he has written, like Spider-Man:2099...good stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am
On Friday I borrowed some Star Trek books from the library.
Star Trek: Voyager - Bless the Beast by Karen Harbor
Star Trek Academy: Collision Course by William Shatner  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Lavendar L.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 pm
I read this Star Trek: Log One book. It was part of a series about the original series. I think that it was created from rewritten episodes and rejected scripts.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm
YoukaiLuvr
A while back, I posted this:

YoukaiLuvr

Oh! There's a book that follows Greater than the Sum, the one that comes after Before Dishonor.

It's the first book of a trilogy - it's called Destiny: Gods of Night. It's really, really cool. It brings in the NX-02 Columbia, the Titan, the Enterprise-E, and a new ship, the Aventine, captained by Ezri Dax. I'm not very far into, but so far, it's really, really good!

Well, I've finished Gods of Night, and books II & III of the trilogy, Mere Mortals and Lost Souls, respectively, are now out.

I'm about 2/3s through Lost Souls...............

eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek

^ that is/was my reaction...zomigosh...I have NO effin' clue how the Federation...heck, forget the Federation...I don't have a clue how the whole freakin' Alpha Quadrant is going to recover after this one...gadzooks....

And yes, I did just say, 'gadzooks'....

Oh, Oh, Oh!!!!!!

There's also a slight preview on the back inside cover of it for an NEW Voy book!!!! It's called Full Circle and the only thing on the cover is Voy herself...grrr....

Anyway...that's my rant for the day...lolz....

OMG Full Circle was AMAZING. However i was SO PISSED OFF as to how it ended and it actually made me cry a few times. seriously.  

jinx_at_luv

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:00 pm
jinx_at_luv
OMG Full Circle was AMAZING. However i was SO PISSED OFF as to how it ended and it actually made me cry a few times. seriously.

Tell me about...yeesh! The next VOY book - Unworthy - was due out in September, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet...grr.... I need to go to Wal-Mart...the one closest to me gets the ST books in before the bookstores do...it's really weird.

The last couple of books that have come out have been DS9-based...and really rather good, other than the fact that there's NO Odo/Nerys interaction...and there hasn't been since Unity. Ugh...he's gotta come home soon, or she's gonna lose it. (If you haven't been keeping up...let's just say that she and Jean-Luc have more in common now than just being 'Fleet captains.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:13 pm
Has anyone read Shadows on The Sun or any of the Crucible series????  

ThePurpleTrekkie

jinx_at_luv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:41 pm
YoukaiLuvr
jinx_at_luv

Tell me about...yeesh! The next VOY book - Unworthy - was due out in September, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet...grr.... I need to go to Wal-Mart...the one closest to me gets the ST books in before the bookstores do...it's really weird.

The last couple of books that have come out have been DS9-based...and really rather good, other than the fact that there's NO Odo/Nerys interaction...and there hasn't been since Unity. Ugh...he's gotta come home soon, or she's gonna lose it. (If you haven't been keeping up...let's just say that she and Jean-Luc have more in common now than just being 'Fleet captains.)

walmart gets them soooner? weird...i REALLY want to read Unworthy but i dont know if ill actually like it because of the way they ended Full Circle... confused  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:19 pm
jinx_at_luv

walmart gets them soooner? weird...i REALLY want to read Unworthy but i dont know if ill actually like it because of the way they ended Full Circle... confused

Unworthy was actually really good. It closed a lot of the loose ends that Full Circle and the preceding Voy books left open (though it left several more open). And I let out a very fangirl squeal by the end.

Still not very happy with the state of certain people, but who knows...there's always fanfiction, after all. xp  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:55 pm
Tee-Hee. I just finished watching Deep Space Nine so I automatically had to go read Unity again... Tee-Hee.=)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 am
I read "Captain's Glory" by William Shatner (and Reeves-Stevens)
and it is very very good, extremely suspenseful.

William Shatner really knows his Star Trek, he has the personification of the characters done perfectly. You can so easily imagine all of them saying that on the show.  

paige_mustang

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:00 pm
paige_mustang
I read "Captain's Glory" by William Shatner (and Reeves-Stevens)
and it is very very good, extremely suspenseful.

William Shatner really knows his Star Trek, he has the personification of the characters done perfectly. You can so easily imagine all of them saying that on the show.

Of course William Shatner knows his Star Trek. He probably had to to do the show, plus it's what gave him a career, and unlike Picard, he still gives full credit to Star Trek. Just had to say it....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 am
I read a book by Diane Duane called Doctor's Orders. I really enjoyed it! And the made up species and characters were even interesting. Especially Commander Kaiev. HA! That guy was fun.

It's a story about McCoy taking Jim's place after he goes missing on an aliem planet.  

Doctor Bonez

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm
if you can get to a goodwill that sells books keep your eyes open. i just went two weeks ago an i found a treasure trove of star trek books what would've been 80 bucks any where else i got away with paying only 25 mrgreen  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff