Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 pm
Yes, congradulations indeed! I look forward to getting thrashed around in your first dungeon! (I sign up in advance!!!)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 pm
Good luck with your new powers and responsibilities! I suspect you will do very well indeed... ninja  

Wedry

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:10 pm
The vote to make Perrian an acolyte DM has been passed with a 10/0 ratio. He will be added to the acolyte list once all the voting is complete.

Next up is l.a.v..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:02 am
Congrats Perrian! Welcome to the Club!  

DM of Death

DM of Death

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:05 am
Ok, just as a head up for all you players out there. I know I haven't been too active as of late, but as soon as some dungeons are rolling, I will be on at the very least, once a day.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:27 pm
Way to go Perrian smile  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:00 pm
Thanks! ^_^ Good luck l.a.v.! I already know what my first thing as an acolyte DM will be. Just a warning to all adventurers, watch your step.
12/2/07
~Matt  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:24 pm
Congratulations Perrian! Enjoy your newfound responsibility... ninja  

Wedry

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:38 pm
Congradulations, Perrian! Our first meeting might have ended in a thorough butt-kicking, but I hope that won't effect my survivablity in your dungeons blaugh ! Look forward to the first dungeon! ((...can I sign up for that in advance, too...Only one?...Damn.))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:12 pm
The vote to make l.a.v. an acolyte DM has been passed with a 10/0 ratio. She will be added to the acolyte list.

From here on the new acolytes are free to post in this discussion as DM’s. I ask that nonDM’s please post in the players discussion thread.

I have changed the order of topics. A lot of people have wanted to see the organizations introduced so I would like to get started on that. I will hopefully post the “current” organization list today or tomorrow. The current list was made by me, then suggestions made by Master of Gladiators, then the verdict on those suggestions is to be made by GC13. So the end list will be somewhat a contribution by all three of us to some effect. Once it’s posted we will all discuss it at length. Obviously we are not all likely to agree, so you are going to have to trust me and GC to combine everyone’s opinions to make the best possible result. I consider myself at least somewhat fair and I hope you all agree (Heck you can ask gladiator, I changed the “Demonic Sword” because he strongly disagreed with it, argued his point very well, and offered a good alternative). And there will be two of us making the final decision. So that’s how things are going to work.

I am also adding the subjects of “A DM forum” and “DM Responsibilities” both of which were mentioned during the thread and I think warrant discussion.

Any questions, comments, concerns?  

FARGORE
Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 pm
hmm, I know you pretty much gone for the next week now but I was curious If this Ra and Shiva thing was simply for rping purposes or are they going to be organizations.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 am
The Ra and Shiva things being organizations would be good, but then that means you could either be in an organization or with Ra or Shiva. I think Ra and Shiva should be something totally different from organizations.
The organizations should probably sell some items that would help the people with that thing their organization is about. For example, in the magic organization you could buy stuff to help you with magic, for the life organization they'd sell something to help with life, etc.
During some events, we could have wars vs different organizations. Like Life vs magic, defense vs attack, etc.

Regarding Shiva and Ra, that should be for rp purposes and probably other plots and conflicts in the future. I think I know where Fargore is going with Shiva and Ra! I can't wait to find out if my thoughts about what will happen are true!  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:23 pm
I agree with Perrian in that Ra and Shiva should be different from the organizations, though for different reasons. Judging from what I've seen, there is going to be some sort of clear winner between the two, which would cause an uneven balance of pros and cons for being part of either group; players will flock to the winner because it is currently in power, and those who choose the loser will suffer for its lowly position. While that is extremely realistic and a good representation of our world as it actually exists, it makes for nasty game mechanics. It is my belief that the pros and cons between all organizations should be equally balanced so that there is no penalty for a player choosing one based upon character-driven preference.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:01 pm
I agree l.a.v. if they were anything much more than a plot device it would turn into a big ugly recruiting war which is something I have no interest and participating in.  

Kowsauni
Crew

DM of Death

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 pm
Organizations:

First I think it would wise to first disscus the role of Organizations. Essentialy it's just another way to further customize your character. Players can join a particular group so they will be more defined, making them more so an individual, and not some vannila character. This "Indiviualism" is then joined with the feeling of camaraderie between members of the same Organization, filling its duelistic Paradox. It makes everyone happy.

This basis of the organizations is all layed out already, . Each organizations is based around a particular character ideal or type, in turn they should grant some kind of advantage that would help with there character type. As far as in game terms, it allows interesting oppertunities for Organization only type things. This could mean, Items, Spells, Actions, Limited dungeons, pets, etc.

Things that need to be discussed.:
Joining a organization.
-How is it done?
-Can you join more than one?
-Can you unjoin and join another?
-Can you gain ranks or something similar in the Organization, unlocked even more stuff?

Implementation of Organizations.
-Do people have to join one?
-Any benifits for not joining an organization?
-Are there going to be new organizations introduced later?

Actual in game term bonuses.
-Open for any suggestions here. We would have to find a way of making sure that everything is equal. We dont want everyone to join one organization, then theres no point to having the rest of them.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff