Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Doug Does Decaydance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I was gonna put this in Other Music
  but I want you all to go listen to BIBIYD
  which makes it about Panic!
  ...right? xP
View Results

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:40 pm
But. Like.
Okay, I understand what you mean Poly.

But it just sucks to know that all of are favorite bands will be in one place at one time, and we can't attend.

Like, in my situation, my parents won't let me go to a mainstream concert every three months. I mean, concerts are a lot of money these days. We simply can't get into Foghat for five bucks anymore. xD For most of those shows, we are talking $40 for one ticket alone, and for a teenager with no job, that's a lot of money to be spending on concerts! And then we have to talk about gas money, and how long it takes to get to big venues around here. Europe is a small continent, and there's so many different countries. So when a band tours Europe, they go to a lot more countries that are really close together. Like, if you really wanted to, you could go see a band three nights in a row, and the different venues would all be the same distance from where you live! And sometimes they have shows at the same venue for like, two or three nights in a row. They don't do that here in America.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:29 pm
I get what you mean, about knowing all these great bands are playing at the same show, but it's really far away... but that's kind of how people here feel all the time. There are definitely people who saw the lineup for YWT and thought "Oh my god!Fall Out Boy, Plain White T's, Gym Class Hereos and Cute Is What We Aim For, all at once?!" I mean, obviously we wish they'd all play here too. Same with most lineups...

As for prices and getting to conerts... I just want to point out that Paris was the closest venue to me, and that's a three hour train ride. Plus waiting time between switching trains, and taking the subway to the closest stop to the venue, then walking to it... it takes a long time to get there. And tickets were 45 euros, which is 65 dollars. The train ticket was 57 euros, 83 dollars. There are no trains going back home after 9:30pm, so I had no choice but to find a place to stay for the night. Another 30 dollars. And all of this was per person.

So believe me, I know about saving up and spending a fortune on concerts... And I know people can't afford to do that every three months, let alone three nights in a row to see band in 3 different venues... even if they are only a few hours away from each other. Which, by the way, isn't really that true. I know countries are smaller here and Europe's not big compared to North America, but it's not like London, Paris and Koln are all right next to each other either...

I don't know about shows being more than one night in a row, because Belgium really only has one big venue that international bands would play at, and there's never been anything there that I thought worth going to except for Panic!. They only played one night [a school night during exams, which is why I couldn't go] and I don't remember how much it cost, but I know at the time it was more than I could afford xp Oh and actually MCR played there once too...
Maybe in big venues in big cites they do the same show a few times in a row..

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
I get what you mean, about knowing all these great bands are playing at the same show, but it's really far away... but that's kind of how people here feel all the time. There are definitely people who saw the lineup for YWT and thought "Oh my god!Fall Out Boy, Plain White T's, Gym Class Hereos and Cute Is What We Aim For, all at once?!" I mean, obviously we wish they'd all play here too. Same with most lineups...

As for prices and getting to conerts... I just want to point out that Paris was the closest venue to me, and that's a three hour train ride. Plus waiting time between switching trains, and taking the subway to the closest stop to the venue, then walking to it... it takes a long time to get there. And tickets were 45 euros, which is 65 dollars. The train ticket was 57 euros, 83 dollars. There are no trains going back home after 9:30pm, so I had no choice but to find a place to stay for the night. Another 30 dollars. And all of this was per person.

So believe me, I know about saving up and spending a fortune on concerts... And I know people can't afford to do that every three months, let alone three nights in a row to see band in 3 different venues... even if they are only a few hours away from each other. Which, by the way, isn't really that true. I know countries are smaller here and Europe's not big compared to North America, but it's not like London, Paris and Koln are all right next to each other either...

I don't know about shows being more than one night in a row, because Belgium really only has one big venue that international bands would play at, and there's never been anything there that I thought worth going to except for Panic!. They only played one night [a school night during exams, which is why I couldn't go] and I don't remember how much it cost, but I know at the time it was more than I could afford xp Oh and actually MCR played there once too...
Maybe in big venues in big cites they do the same show a few times in a row..

We just got lucky with the Young Wild Things tour. xD That usuaully doesn't happen...

And I was purposely exaggerating(sp?) about the countries being so close. I was sort of being sarcastic. xD Sorry. AND DON'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT TRAIN PRICES, BECAUSE WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TRAINS THAT GO AROUND LIKE THAT! xd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:33 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Ohh. I understand how that might be annoying... but all those bands tour in the US like twice a year. There are places where the bands play pretty much every three months. But they all rarely come to Europe, except for the UK sometimes, so I think it makes sense that they decided to do some shows here...
I knw its just so depressing Cobra and TAI I was upset but pete is being forgiven  

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:20 am
CityScene
We just got lucky with the Young Wild Things tour. xD That usuaully doesn't happen...

And I was purposely exaggerating(sp?) about the countries being so close. I was sort of being sarcastic. xD Sorry. AND DON'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT TRAIN PRICES, BECAUSE WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TRAINS THAT GO AROUND LIKE THAT! xd
I think it happens a lot...

SWG: Armor For Sleep, TAI, Cobra Starship and the Rocket Summer? And Sherwood, but I haven't listened to them yet xp That's also a really good lineup!
[And today it's in New Hampshire, where I used to live, and I'm like "AHH I could have been there!"]

HCT: FOB, TAI, CS, +44 and Paul Wall. I'm not a Paul Wall fan, but I love the other four! And that's 3 of the 5 bands who played at Decaydance Fest right there.

I'm just saying, there are a lot more opportunities for great shows in the US then there are over here...

& yeah the public transportation in America sucks xp Except maybe in big cities that have subways.. but basically you need a car if you want to be able to go anywhere. Over here it's easy to ride your bike or take the bus/train..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 am
Okay...okay...xD
But that's just because Fueled By Ramen is amazing and they do that.
A lot of other labels don't do that.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:33 am
FBR really is amazing.
<333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:22 pm
I KNOW, RIGHT? 4laugh
I WANNA SEX THEM UP.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:32 pm
CityScene
I KNOW, RIGHT? 4laugh
I WANNA SEX THEM UP.
you've become so dirty *hides*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:23 pm
CityScene
Scarlet Summer
CityScene
Scarlet Summer
Dang!
His MySpace won't load for me. talk2hand

I'm guessing he's good though because Poly made a whole topic about him.
And the man has good taste in music.

I just had a random thought... imagine getting a "DecayDance" flavored lollipop!
Oh the joy. ;] <3

It would taste like Pete's..
-cough-
Yeah.

Wow.
That's all I can say... WOW. wink heart

I'm not sure if Pete's 'man part' is joyful.
I'll just say the 'DecayDance Lollipop' is different. sweatdrop

I think it's ugleh. xp

Wow.
Has City seen pictures or something?

@Poly : Fine.
I won't talk about Pete behind his back.

cat 1ady

cat 1ady

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:25 pm
candie the pirate thief
Scarlet Summer
candie the pirate thief
Scarlet Summer
candie the pirate thief
Polyphonic Twilight

Haha xp
I liked it better before too 3nodding

City: You have such a dirty mind wink
poly why mus you upset me I had to go and yell at the poster

rofl
Don't yell at him too much, okay?

I like his hair longer too.
It's growing back though. whee
I smack the poster too jon just infuriates me

gonk
That right there is child man abuse!

Is Jon okay though?
Or is his face all deformed now...
his face is fine for now

For now?! gonk

Oh NO! Don't hurt his nice face... please?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:32 am
Scarlet Summer
candie the pirate thief
Scarlet Summer
candie the pirate thief
Scarlet Summer

rofl
Don't yell at him too much, okay?

I like his hair longer too.
It's growing back though. whee
I smack the poster too jon just infuriates me

gonk
That right there is child man abuse!

Is Jon okay though?
Or is his face all deformed now...
his face is fine for now

For now?! gonk

Oh NO! Don't hurt his nice face... please?
If he cuts his hair I will attack the poster with siccors  

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 pm
candie the pirate thief
CityScene
I KNOW, RIGHT? 4laugh
I WANNA SEX THEM UP.
you've become so dirty *hides*

rofl

I've been deprived Panic! At The Disco for amost a year now.
Some crazy things are going to start showing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:35 pm
Scarlet Summer
Wow.

Who hasn't? xd

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:45 pm
CityScene
Scarlet Summer
Wow.

Who hasn't? xd
I did I'm a perv but I'm 20 so its not as wierd as you kiddies (I'm calling your parents) wow being adultish was wierd  
Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff