A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Understandable, but I still don't think you should let other people sway your opinion so much. I have a friend who HATES ska with a burning passion, but I don't let him sway my opinion. Another example, a kid I HATE loves ska, and he's mad annoying, but just because he's annoying about some bands, that doesn't stop me from liking them.
Mad Caddies... I started only liking like 3 of their songs, but they REALLY grew on me. Their newest album is really good, too.

Well they haven't swayed my opinion that much really. I mean I never likes them. I will still admit that yeah, they are very talented and all, but they're just not my thing. but I will tend to say they suck a** because well I don't like them and people do a lot, so if people exaggerate their "awesomeness" I can exaggerate their shittyness. lol

Dance

Well, a lot of people do like them THAT much.

Yeah I know. don't understand that. they're not good.

Frank and His Skunk Allstars
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

just examples of bands streetlight wishes it was. haha. they're actually orchestra's but they're good. they know how to use their sax's lol.

Dance

Ah, TSPO.
They're amazing, but they have some weird a** songs, too. I love their cover of Caravan.

well they're from tokyo, what do you expect? hahaha. yeah they have some weirdd a** ******** songs. some of them are weird in a godo way. I like weird s**t. ESPECIALLY blue meanies. they're amazing. another great example of a band who knows how to use a sax. =]

Dance

Haha, if you say so.
On another note, you're in a band, right? How is that?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:27 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

just examples of bands streetlight wishes it was. haha. they're actually orchestra's but they're good. they know how to use their sax's lol.

Dance

Ah, TSPO.
They're amazing, but they have some weird a** songs, too. I love their cover of Caravan.

well they're from tokyo, what do you expect? hahaha. yeah they have some weirdd a** ******** songs. some of them are weird in a godo way. I like weird s**t. ESPECIALLY blue meanies. they're amazing. another great example of a band who knows how to use a sax. =]

Dance

Haha, if you say so.

Yeah I am. my only problem w/ my band is we have like no horns. we have a sax, but I'm not too great at the writing specifically for sax. and I'm the only one in the band w/ any knowledge of music theory. so eh. but yeah http://www.myspace.com/selloutsofska if you wanna listen n tell me whatcha think.

I swear I posted a topic about it but maybe not?

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:33 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Ah, TSPO.

Dance

Haha, if you say so.

Yeah I am. my only problem w/ my band is we have like no horns. we have a sax, but I'm not too great at the writing specifically for sax. and I'm the only one in the band w/ any knowledge of music theory. so eh. but yeah http://www.myspace.com/selloutsofska if you wanna listen n tell me whatcha think.

Dance

Will do.
I'm currently in a 8-piece ska band. Two trombones, one trumpet, one sax (we make it work), one guitar, one drummer, one singer, one bass. We don't have any real music up yet. All we have is a failed attempt at a cover of Sell Out. It's just me and the bassist.
But everyone in the band has at least two years of music theory. So that helps a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:36 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Ah, TSPO.

Dance

Haha, if you say so.

Dance

Will do.
I'm currently in a 8-piece ska band. Two trombones, one trumpet, one sax (we make it work), one guitar, one drummer, one singer, one bass. We don't have any real music up yet. All we have is a failed attempt at a cover of Sell Out. It's just me and the bassist.
But everyone in the band has at least two years of music theory. So that helps a lot.

Hahaha, sellout. great song, we've covered Trendy. that went horridly because it was w/ our old drummer, who couldn't keep time for s**t. and our old bassist, who is amazing, but wouldn't memorize any bass parts at all.
new drummer who is good and new bassist who doesn't know music theory, but practices a lot so I'm happy. I don't mind writing all our bass lines guitar lyrics horns and keys. lol.

oh and I'm guessing your play guitar?

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:42 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Ah, TSPO.

Dance

Haha, if you say so.

Dance

Will do.

Hahaha, sellout. great song, we've covered Trendy. that went horridly because it was w/ our old drummer, who couldn't keep time for s**t. and our old bassist, who is amazing, but wouldn't memorize any bass parts at all.
new drummer who is good and new bassist who doesn't know music theory, but practices a lot so I'm happy. I don't mind writing all our bass lines guitar lyrics horns and keys. lol.

Dance

You guys definitely need some more horns to fill it out, but other than that, I like it.
The only problem with my band is that half the band is in marching band. Our school is really demanding when it comes to marching band. They've been all around the world, and are going to Hong Kong next year. That takes up a lot of time for half our members, but they get a LOT of practice, so it's good for them. The rest are either in orchestra or chorus/choir. We still find time to practice, it just gets tough sometimes.

http://myspace.com/dressedforsuccessska

There you will find me playing the drum part to Sellout, along with the bass line. This was the first take, and I wanted to keep it really simple, so don't expect some huge showcase of my abilities. I still think it's fun to listen to it and sing the song in my head. There are a few little mistakes here and there, the only big one was the vocal pause ("the record company's gonna give me lots of money...") was a little too long.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:51 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Haha, if you say so.

Dance

Will do.

Dance

You guys definitely need some more horns to fill it out, but other than that, I like it.
The only problem with my band is that half the band is in marching band. Our school is really demanding when it comes to marching band. They've been all around the world, and are going to Hong Kong next year. That takes up a lot of time for half our members, but they get a LOT of practice, so it's good for them. The rest are either in orchestra or chorus/choir. We still find time to practice, it just gets tough sometimes.

There you will find me playing the drum part to Sellout, along with the bass line. This was the first take, and I wanted to keep it really simple, so don't expect some huge showcase of my abilities. I still think it's fun to listen to it and sing the song in my head. There are a few little mistakes here and there, the only big one was the vocal pause ("the record company's gonna give me lots of money...") was a little too long.

hah I wish there was real music for me too listen to, but its pretty good for the most part. some parts need a little work on the timing. you or the bassist was slightly off.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:53 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Haha, if you say so.

Dance

Will do.

Dance

hah I wish there was real music for me too listen to, but its pretty good for the most part. some parts need a little work on the timing. you or the bassist was slightly off.

Dance

Well, we both recorded separately, so it was tough getting the timing right. Especially when you're using Garageband. Minimal editing abilities + seperate tracks = rough recording. That's why we gave up on it. We're just going to wait till we have more music, then we'll get to an actual recording studio.

We really put that up as a joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:57 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Will do.

Dance

Dance

Well, we both recorded separately, so it was tough getting the timing right. Especially when you're using Garageband. Minimal editing abilities + seperate tracks = rough recording. That's why we gave up on it. We're just going to wait till we have more music, then we'll get to an actual recording studio.

I wasn't saying it was bad, it was great, that was the only thing I could hear wrong. that and that longer pause, but thats no biggie. but yeah I know how recording can be. I had to do the guitar and bass for my bands. and the keys on unity but we couldn't get the keys to work so I had to do that on the computer. takes forever to ******** program keys on a computer and keep in time perfectly. lol mostly because I don't think in notes. I think in time, just no tlike quarternotequoarternotehalfnote etc.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:00 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Will do.

Dance

Dance

I wasn't saying it was bad, it was great, that was the only thing I could hear wrong. that and that longer pause, but thats no biggie. but yeah I know how recording can be. I had to do the guitar and bass for my bands. and the keys on unity but we couldn't get the keys to work so I had to do that on the computer. takes forever to ******** program keys on a computer and keep in time perfectly. lol mostly because I don't think in notes. I think in time, just no tlike quarternotequoarternotehalfnote etc.

Dance

Yeah, it was funny because right after we spent like... an hour trying to synchronize the two tracks, we realized we could've just have him listen to the drums through headphones as he plays the bass line.
We were so pissed, so we just gave up.

Oh, and what do you use to write with? Computer programs, or old fashioned ... blank sheets? xp  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:04 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Yeah, it was funny because right after we spent like... an hour trying to synchronize the two tracks, we realized we could've just have him listen to the drums through headphones as he plays the bass line.

Oh, and what do you use to write with? Computer programs, or old fashioned ... blank sheets? xp

write songs? ******** lined paper. haha. I tab out everything.
lyrics usually on paper from schoolwork. haha.
bass tabbed out
sax and key notes written out
guitar is me so, just in my head. lol. I just have to show everyone how to play their parts because I don't write out the timing b/c I don't visually think timing in my head, I just kinda do it. haha

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:08 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

bass tabbed out
guitar is me so, just in my head. lol. I just have to show everyone how to play their parts because I don't write out the timing b/c I don't visually think timing in my head, I just kinda do it. haha

Dance

Ah, my music theory program required that we have a program called Finale installed on our computers (we do a lot of writing in that class). It's really, really, really, useful. You can write tabs, chords, notes, anything you need really. It's just nice because you can play it back. I do all my writing there. I would check it out, look up Finale Notepad. Normal Finale costs money, Notepad is free.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:12 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

bass tabbed out

Dance

Ah, my music theory program required that we have a program called Finale installed on our computers (we do a lot of writing in that class). It's really, really, really, useful. You can write tabs, chords, notes, anything you need really. It's just nice because you can play it back. I do all my writing there. I would check it out, look up Finale Notepad. Normal Finale costs money, Notepad is free.

I know of programs like that, my only problem is that I can't really use them well because the whole no timing thing, so its about the same as writing it out on paper. and as far as play back, I've got a guitar, thats good enough. hahaha.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:15 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

bass tabbed out

Dance

I know of programs like that, my only problem is that I can't really use them well because the whole no timing thing, so its about the same as writing it out on paper. and as far as play back, I've got a guitar, thats good enough. hahaha.

Dance

I guess. I just like it because I can print out as many copies as I need for the other members.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:19 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

bass tabbed out

Dance

Dance

I guess. I just like it because I can print out as many copies as I need for the other members.

haha yeah. I suppose that would be helpful. I usually do all my writing in school though. no laptop so its all gotta be on paper. printing it would be SO much nicer, so maybe one day when I have a laptop I'd use it.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

YoshiMexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:05 pm
are you two like the only two posters in the guild? and the guy with a robot head.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff