Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ewwwww- Gross! (The nastier side of spells and paganism) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:01 am
ShadowSharrow
godhi
TeaDidikai
That actually reminds me: there are some pretty messed up flying ointments out there as well.

Don't get me started on flying ointments. I've read formulae for such potions that include the metaphysical equivalent of the kitchen sink: assorted herbs from the Nightshade family, various mushrooms, baby fat, bat's blood... the list goes on and on.

And don't forget the boiled skin of a drowned dog and the rendered fat of an unbaptised child.

Well, one thing's for certain. Whoever came up with them sure was creative.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 am
Maze
ShadowSharrow
godhi
TeaDidikai
That actually reminds me: there are some pretty messed up flying ointments out there as well.

Don't get me started on flying ointments. I've read formulae for such potions that include the metaphysical equivalent of the kitchen sink: assorted herbs from the Nightshade family, various mushrooms, baby fat, bat's blood... the list goes on and on.

And don't forget the boiled skin of a drowned dog and the rendered fat of an unbaptised child.

Either that, or they had a deathwish.
Some of the flying ointments are awfully poisonous xD  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:48 pm
Elk piss... the Elk Piss one got me. I actually know of someone who tried it. Too bad it didn't work.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:13 pm
patch99329
Maze
ShadowSharrow
godhi
TeaDidikai

Either that, or they had a deathwish.
Some of the flying ointments are awfully poisonous xD

Heilsan,

Well, one could consider death to be the ultimate flight wink

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:30 pm
Ulfrikr

Heilsan,

Ver thu heil
Wouldn't that depend? I mean, some theologies don't have a supernal afterlife.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:54 am
TeaDidikai
Ulfrikr

Heilsan,

Ver thu heil
Wouldn't that depend? I mean, some theologies don't have a supernal afterlife.

Sure, but, never-the-less, it's still a passing from one state to another, whether it's to the numinous otherlands of what-ever stripe are enumerated by the beliefs, or into a nothing state, or, well, what-ever, the fact is there is a state change, so hence, the flight metaphor can still be used in my personal opinion smile

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 am
Seems like a bit of a stretch. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:52 am
TeaDidikai
Elk piss... the Elk Piss one got me. I actually know of someone who tried it. Too bad it didn't work.
Ok, now thats down right gross xd I don't even like the thought of using my own urine, let alone another animals. How the hell did the person get elk urine anyway?  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:58 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Ok, now thats down right gross xd I don't even like the thought of using my own urine, let alone another animals. How the hell did the person get elk urine anyway?
Hunting.

The Elk Urine is to be drank at dusk. It's meant to give you visions.

Little did the guy know that the reason this happens in some cases is because the Elk eat some very special mushrooms.

Small problem- they aren't native to the Pacific NW.

He drank all that Elk Pee for nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 am
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

Little did the guy know that the reason this happens in some cases is because the Elk eat some very special mushrooms.

How unfortunate!  

Lore Lux

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 am
Fan+asmagoric
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

How unfortunate!

His girlfriend wouldn't see him for weeks. No dates- he got a couple phone calls and she picked him up about fifteen days later.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:36 am
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

Oh good gods he DRANK it?? I think I'm going to be sick. gonk Next time he should just try peote or the mushrooms.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:23 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

Oh good gods he DRANK it?? I think I'm going to be sick. gonk Next time he should just try peote or the mushrooms.
Guess this is in the right thread then.

As for why he didn't try the mushrooms himself, the fact is this species is toxic to humans when they consume it. Something within the elk's digestive system changes it enough to allow it to work.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:44 pm
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

Guess this is in the right thread then.

As for why he didn't try the mushrooms himself, the fact is this species is toxic to humans when they consume it. Something within the elk's digestive system changes it enough to allow it to work.

That makes sence, but still, I am not putting anything into my body that has already come out. The body filters out that stuff for a reason. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Fan+asmagoric
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
Hunting.

How unfortunate!

His girlfriend wouldn't see him for weeks. No dates- he got a couple phone calls and she picked him up about fifteen days later.

Ouch!

Although...

I probably would have done the same...

Sounds more like a "Have bad luck with your girlfriend for 2 weeks" spell.

I wonder what kind of visions this drink would have given him if it indeed had traces of the correct mushroom.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff