Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
"I promise you'll love it!" ~ Recommended books/games/films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 am
I am a huge Dark Romance fan, and (if you are old enough to read Smut - 16 years oldor older) i would suggest J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood. about bad a$$ vampire warriors who kick but and fall in love at teh same time!!! i love them and they are my fav series thus far in my life!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 pm
Best game ever: Fiesta ~ an MMORPG

Why? Cause you meet awesome people on there and make awesome friends as well. Not to mention the cool monsters you can kill. ^_^  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 pm
I would highly recommend Alone in the Dark..the lastest version of the game...BUT ONLY THE XBOX360/PC/PS3 versions...because the PS2 version is rubbish. It's a fantastic game, with gameplay more like real life than anything I've ever played...it's completely different than any other game out there, and it's very cinematic...you feel like you're part of something really big when you play it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:45 am
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3562.html

the new Tombraider trailer...WOW is the only word I can think of.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 pm
Kalvaya
Everyone has something that they hate (and we already have a thread for you to complain about that stuff in!) but what about the things you love? You know, the film you had to tell everyone about, or the books you've read ten times already?

Why not tell everyone about them here? wink Let me help get this started....

Recommended book: Hands down, it has to be "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. All I can say is it's pure genius and very funny, and because of it's age gets overlooked. I've put the text from the back cover down below xp

"According to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter - the world's only totally reliable guide to the future - the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just after tea... "
Good Omens. heart

Anyway, I want to recommend the Preacher comic books. Ex-reverend deicidal protagonist with commanding power, a hard-drinking Irish vampire, a grotesque character known as "Arseface," a patron saint of killers, visions of an angel sexing up a demon, etc... and I found that all in the first story arc, "Gone to Texas."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm
movies: fear and loathing in las vegas
book:theories of relativity by barbara haworth
its about a 16 yeaar old kid whos homeless and tells of his adventures and memories.  

nobodie at all

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Mishi say:

ok... this isn't a book or movie or a game, but it is dark/vamp related

TO ALL MY DARK CREEPY GOTH VAMPY FRIENDS!!!!
check this out... you may like it... and if you join you have to look me up "Masharia"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
it is basically a social networking site that is like myspace, but for the dark at heart!!! i love it!!!

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:32 am
Can anyone recommend any good Dark Fantasy novels? I don't like dark romance and I would prefer to read an adult book rather than a teen one unless it happens to be exceptionally good lol.

I love Anne Rice, Laurell K Hamilton and Simon R. Green.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 pm
try Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, or LA Banks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:47 am
minimishi
try Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, or LA Banks

thanks for the suggestions but I've already tried most of those xd
Sherrilyn Kenyon's books are too sex orientated for me. I like the idea of Jim Butcher's novels because they are similar to Simon R Greens but I don't like Jim Butcher's writing..it's too...simple and basic..like a kids book. I've read one of Kim Harrison's books and thought it was ok but it didn't captivae me enough to read any more. I've read almost all of Kelley Armstrong's books.

But I haven't read LA Banks because my library doesn't have any. I'll have to order one, they look interesting. Thanks!  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 am
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. BEST BOOK SERIES EVER!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 am
Airforce Soldier

I tried reading one of those but didn't like it. sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Libra01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm
Movie: Nightmare before christmas. and timeless classic, It´s a great musical movie about this eerie place, gotta love it!
3nodding
Game: 1 word. Fable 2. blaugh
Book: Book? uhh... Does MAD magazines count? wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 am
Twilight series books are awesome, movies too wink Um, Cosmo mag, AP [alternative press], Revolver mag, Gothic Beauty too....

V for Vendetta's great, I also luv Hamlet [2002] n_n  

xMystery_Crossx

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 am
Shadow__Dweller
Airforce Soldier

I tried reading one of those but didn't like it. sweatdrop

You have to start to start at the beginning, you can skip the prologues. It takes a chapter to get into. But they are great books.  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff