Best From Jersey?

One cool guy?
Too Short Notice?
Bomb Town?
Catch 22?

not streetlight.

Dance

All a matter of opinion.

Besides, Catch 22 after Keasbey Nights is pretty awful (hm, I wonder why... xp ).

just wondering, have you even listened to anything other than keasbey nights? such as lets say, Alone In A Crowd, their best cd ever. washed up is also pretty damn awesome. I understand you hating dinosaur sounds and permanent revolution, you're a streetlight kid, but AIAC and Washed Up and Trough the Ringer are great albums.

plus catch 22 doesn't have a horrible horrible barry sax that ******** their trumpet in the a**. honestly, when will streetlight learn barry and trumpet should NEVER play the same exact notes. it sounds like the trumpes constipated.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Best From Jersey?

One cool guy?
Too Short Notice?
Bomb Town?
Catch 22?

not streetlight.

Dance

All a matter of opinion.

Besides, Catch 22 after Keasbey Nights is pretty awful (hm, I wonder why... xp ).

just wondering, have you even listened to anything other than keasbey nights? such as lets say, Alone In A Crowd, their best cd ever. washed up is also pretty damn awesome. I understand you hating dinosaur sounds and permanent revolution, you're a streetlight kid, but AIAC and Washed Up and Trough the Ringer are great albums.

plus catch 22 doesn't have a horrible horrible barry sax that ******** their trumpet in the a**. honestly, when will streetlight learn barry and trumpet should NEVER play the same exact notes. it sounds like the trumpes constipated.

Dance

I've listened to all of their newer albums. There are like... four songs that I actually liked, the rest were garbage. I'd easily say that Catch 22's members are all around less skillful musicians than Streetlight's members.

Streetlight rarely has the bari play the exact same notes as the trumpet. Usually a harmony of sorts, but it's never sounded bad to me (obviously).  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Best From Jersey?

One cool guy?
Too Short Notice?
Bomb Town?
Catch 22?

not streetlight.

Dance

All a matter of opinion.

Dance

I've listened to all of their newer albums. There are like... four songs that I actually liked, the rest were garbage. I'd easily say that Catch 22's members are all around less skillful musicians than Streetlight's members.

Streetlight rarely has the bari play the exact same notes as the trumpet. Usually a harmony of sorts, but it's never sounded bad to me (obviously).

new cd I know they do it on a few songs, for sure it was on uhm. ********. what're the names of the songs? lol.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:03 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Best From Jersey?

One cool guy?
Too Short Notice?
Bomb Town?
Catch 22?

not streetlight.

Dance

All a matter of opinion.

Dance

new cd I know they do it on a few songs, for sure it was on uhm. ********. what're the names of the songs? lol.

Dance

I was actually going to say "especially on the new album, they just have them harmonizing each other a lot."  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:20 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Best From Jersey?

One cool guy?
Too Short Notice?
Bomb Town?
Catch 22?

not streetlight.

Dance

All a matter of opinion.

Dance

Dance

I was actually going to say "especially on the new album, they just have them harmonizing each other a lot."

Yeah, that totally helped... I asked the titles of the songs... but I searched it myself. The recieving end of it all. listen to the horns. gross. also on a side note from the other conversation. title sounds pretty emo huh? haha.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:24 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Yeah, that totally helped... I asked the titles of the songs... but I searched it myself. The recieving end of it all. listen to the horns. gross. also on a side note from the other conversation. title sounds pretty emo huh? haha.

Dance

Coincidently, that's my favorite song on the album. I think the horns work fine together, it's all very complimenting.
The title may sound a bit emo, but it's not emo, so whatever xp  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:26 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

Coincidently, that's my favorite song on the album. I think the horns work fine together, it's all very complimenting.

haha sick. I just wish they wouldn't use the horns like that. they're much better on uh. ********. off to lookup thetitlles again.

Forty Days. horns are much better on there. the sax compliments the brass instead of trying to harmonizing and sounding horrid.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:28 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

haha sick. I just wish they wouldn't use the horns like that. they're much better on uh. ********. off to lookup thetitlles again.

Forty Days. horns are much better on there. the sax compliments the brass instead of trying to harmonizing and sounding horrid.

Dance

Yeah, and they played that song very well live.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:33 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

I'm seeing them next saturday. I'm hoping their live show has increased by like 9013867% because so far they've sucked a** here. nother reason I'll never like them is their fans at their live shows, and their live shows in general. if a band sucks a** live I'm not really into them. only goin to the show for Suburban Legends and the Stitch Up. staying for SLM because my friend wants me to stay w/ her.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:36 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

I'm seeing them next saturday. I'm hoping their live show has increased by like 9013867% because so far they've sucked a** here. nother reason I'll never like them is their fans at their live shows, and their live shows in general. if a band sucks a** live I'm not really into them. only goin to the show for Suburban Legends and the Stitch Up. staying for SLM because my friend wants me to stay w/ her.

Dance

Ugh... the Stitch-Up was horrible when they played here. On a side note, some guy in the audience recorded Streetlight's whole set, if you're interested. The quality sucks major a**, though.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:39 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

Ugh... the Stitch-Up was horrible when they played here. On a side note, some guy in the audience recorded Streetlight's whole set, if you're interested. The quality sucks major a**, though.

how dare you say that about Dan Potthast? lol. from what I've heard the stitch ups are pretty much like Dan Potthast's solo stuff w/ a live band. No its not ska, but I love Dan Potthast. lol.

and I'll pass on the streetlight.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:40 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

how dare you say that about Dan Potthast? lol. from what I've heard the stitch ups are pretty much like Dan Potthast's solo stuff w/ a live band. No its not ska, but I love Dan Potthast. lol.

Dance

They cover two MU330 songs. "La la la," and "Raw Fish." The performance was overall... bad, though.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:42 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

They cover two MU330 songs. "La la la," and "Raw Fish." The performance was overall... bad, though.

Thats cool about the covers. how are they bad though? like they're not perfect musicians bad? or they're boring bad, or what?

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Thats cool about the covers. how are they bad though? like they're not perfect musicians bad? or they're boring bad, or what?

Dance

They were REALLY, REALLY, awkward. They all just stood there...  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:48 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

They were REALLY, REALLY, awkward. They all just stood there...
Haha I see, well idk, I'll just have to see for myself. I'm hoping they're good, but then again I've got no clue yet.

Dance

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces