Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Eragon, the trilogy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LotesseElf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:24 am
I judged the book by its covers and read it. Yes, it has a good cover art, and I have nothing against dragons. Actually, I like them.

I loved the covers, but I wanted to throw the rest of the book in the fire. Okay, he stole the plot. But couldn't he think of new names? Another thing that is annoying: he is only 15. So what? That is not an excuse to steal.

Okay. I only read the Eragon, maybe the Eldest is better. I'll see.

All in all, avoid it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:42 pm
I enjoyed reading both Eragon and Eldest, but in both I felt like something was missing...they were still awesome, but I wasn't wholly satisfied. And I also thought that in Eldest, Eragon had a habit of fainting/going unconscious quite often.
Christopher Paolini was 15 when he wrote Eragon, but isn't he like 21 now?  

Ashtaye

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:56 pm
Ashtaye
I enjoyed reading both Eragon and Eldest, but in both I felt like something was missing...they were still awesome, but I wasn't wholly satisfied. And I also thought that in Eldest, Eragon had a habit of fainting/going unconscious quite often.
Christopher Paolini was 15 when he wrote Eragon, but isn't he like 21 now?

19, I think, when he at least started Eldest. Eragon has always had an issue with going unconscious. He did like every second chapter in the first book too, only he kept on getting knocked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:17 pm
i only read the first book of the series, but it was so good that i read the whole thing in a night. i haven't read the second book yet, but hopefully i will because the first was so good! heart blaugh  

angelic5252

Jaded Information

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:17 pm
I've read Eragon and Eldest, and they were both fantastic.

I was a library proctor (assistant) at my school, and I had to do a book summary and review and make a webpage for a book on the school's website, and I did it on Eragon.

But as previously mentioned, he does indeed faint/go-unconscious a little too much...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:42 am
Personally, I love it. I thought it got kind of dull and long somewhere in the middle because they were constantly venturing somewhere and when they finally reach their destination, I almost completed the book. I was quite suprise that a 15 year old wrote this book, but I thought he did an overall good job. I though the book was a tad longer than it needed to be, but I was quite content with its length since I tend to prefer longer books over shorter books. I haven't bought Eldest, but it seem pretty thick to me. I guess I have get it.  

gotmycarfixed

Ladyingreen197

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:43 pm
I loved both of the books and I am eagerly waiting for the third one to be released. And they are making eragon into a movie and that excites me a lot!! Going to see it the day it is released!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:49 pm
Hate...-twitch-

No offence to the fans, but they both sucked. This really happened to my sister: She's reading the second book, just to finish the story, and she come to a funeral. She wonders, "Who the heck died?" so she goes back and read the beginning again. Turns out that some important leader-dude died, and she TOTALLY MISSED IT. The death of a supposedly important character. Now that's what I call bad writing. I don't think I even got as far as the funeral of what's-his-name. It bored me too much.

I thought that the books were a total waste of time. Sure, the kid was 15, but even considering that, they sucked. The only reason he got published, in my opinion, is because his parents own a publishing company. It was just too generic to really hold my interest.  

Alindaer

Variag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:21 pm
I'm reading it! And I'm already lost in the story. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:11 pm
I've read both books and thought they were great. The fighting in the second one was oretty cool. And the ending surprised me. I'm waiting for the third one to be released I can't wait.  

sabriel111

Gin Nova

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:24 am
I liked both books, but they were a little slow in places. Some things were pretty obvious too, I don't remember exactly what they were but I know they're there. (Sorry I can't be more specific, it's been a while since I read either of them.)

Anyway, @ Autumn-Twilight, I remember the death and it was pretty hard to miss, in my opinion. If I remember right, he actually died at the very end of the first book or at the very beginning of the second. The story was a little generic, but overall it wasn't badly written.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 am
0.o Well, that's just what my sis said. It had been a long time since I had finished Eragon, so maybe I just forgot. xD  

Alindaer

Saint Rydire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:43 am
WORST SERIES EVER. too many gramatical mistakes, to close to LOTR, to overrated, ugh. i neber want to see one again  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:29 am
I read the first book and it was pretty decent.
But then I dont really have high standards when it comes to a book, as long as its descriptive enough to get me out of reality im usually happy. Although i will say that it felt like something was missing.....still trying to figure out what.
I heard the movie is rated PG. Now this disappoints me greatly, for any fantasy tale to be any good on screen it should at least be PG-13.
But then its being produced by 20th century fox...a ray of light I hope.  

lukeria

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:47 am
I liked the first one, but I still have to read the second. I keep meaning to, and then I get distracted. gonk  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff