Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:24 am
I'm trying to paint red armour. I don't want it too bright, but not too dark either, something like Blood Angels. What colors do you reccomend? And how do I highlight it, do I just go over the edges in a lighter color? I've seen that done before, but my painting experience is limited to drybrushing tbh.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:32 am
try mixing other colors to get what you want  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wash_away

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:50 pm
Mat
wash_away
alright I have another problem, whenever I dry brus my terminater''s I can''t get sharp edge''s on the face, all that happen''s is I get a dark grey everywhere.

this is what I have to work with
User Image

my god what did you do to that shoulder pad

my white paint is really clumpy, I''m planneing on stripping that part.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:05 pm
good for it is strongly advised  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Grandpa Ducky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:12 pm
Hello. I'm pretty new here and I play orks. I don't have a working camera so when the requirements of the guild said they needed proof that I play, I decided I'd try to scan one of my shoot boyz. He's not the best and was the first one I painted. I still plan on fixing some stuff up. Here's the scan:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:13 pm
suprizingly scan him turned out rather well  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Grandpa Ducky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:18 pm
He looks a lot better in person... or at least as in person as you can get with a 1 and a half inch tall model... But yeah. For some reason it doesn't look like he's painted next to his little dangley thing off his belt. I don't know why. The little dangely thing isn't painted yet. I needed (need) more paint and forgot to get some last time I was at Hobbytown (where I do my 40K shopping).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Mat
good for it is strongly advised
but any advice on highlighting light grey?  

wash_away

Stormbird_Rising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:04 pm
User Image

My Chaos Rhino... which doesn't really look too Chaos-y. It looks too... clean lol. I basically only got it to test out my color scheme for my army, though I think I'll be sticking it into the army list now and then. This pic is a little old... since it was taken I finally got around to painting the headlights and added a missile launcher next to the left hatch. I'm thinking of adding a whole lot of spiky bits to it to make it appear more tainted hehe.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 am
Stormbird_Rising
User Image

My Chaos Rhino... which doesn't really look too Chaos-y. It looks too... clean lol. I basically only got it to test out my color scheme for my army, though I think I'll be sticking it into the army list now and then. This pic is a little old... since it was taken I finally got around to painting the headlights and added a missile launcher next to the left hatch. I'm thinking of adding a whole lot of spiky bits to it to make it appear more tainted hehe.

lol, doesn't look to chaos-ey. I'll agree with you that it need some more spikes.  

Grandpa Ducky

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:29 am
What chaos God do you follow? It doesn't look like it matches ANY of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:03 am
I made up my own legion, the Crimson Reapers, and they're Undivided. I wanted to have a generalized army like the Black Legion, but I don't like their color scheme that much so I decided to make up my own.  

Stormbird_Rising

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:08 am
oh. so you're basically imperial marines without the assault cannons. Or the good vehicles. neutral
Dedicate yourself to a God. It's very fun, and the conversions you could do are unimaginable  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:13 am
I probably would, but the problem is I already spent like $300 on an Undivided army lol. I do have some ideas to make my army unique, I've got some fluff where the demon world they're based out of lives in like a feudal society, and I was thinking of tweaking the stats of Chosen to make them like Fief Lords or something. I'm also thinking of mixing in parts of fantasy Chaos warriors with the Chaos Marines to make them appear more baroque.  

Stormbird_Rising

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:15 am
Mine is simple. Lots of green stuff sculpting. Nurgle just means you have to make things look really ******** ugly.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff