Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Gay Literature] Yaoi Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blazingtwilight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:06 pm
So, so hard to find yaoi novels.

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are The Black Chalice (don't remember the author), and the Bloodties Trilogy and the Smoke Trilogy by Tanya Huff. The Black Chalice irritated me because the two main characters most of the sexual tension surrounds never get together, and it ends up with a sad ending. I've never read the Bloodties Trilogy but I'm currently looking for it, and the Smoke Trilogy is really good.

There is a whole bunch of them on Amazon, but I've never read them so I can't really make a solid recommendation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:56 pm
My friend's lent me a book called PsyCop: Partners by Jordan Castillo Price. I can't comment too deeply on its qualities, as I'm too busy with another series to read anything else.. but I have finished the first chapter, and it's a very good start: drugged-up bathroom sex. Certainly not ambiguous, this one.

There's also a book I've only seen on Amazon, called Standish by Erastes. I'm too embarrassed by the author's name (it's basically Greek for *****) to ask my parents for it, but it sounds like a pile of awesome.  

Skizzors
Crew

Nellynae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:26 pm
I'm a bit surprised to see no Mary Renault in this thread! Right now I'm reading The Persian Boy, about Alexander the Great and his servant, Bagoas. I love it~! Not too graphic - but there's certainly enough to keep my attention. ;3 And I typically don't care for historical fiction....
Once I'm done I want to read Fire from Heaven or The Last of the Wine, too... if I can find them (finding older books is hard -.-)!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:47 pm
Nellynae
I'm a bit surprised to see no Mary Renault in this thread! Right now I'm reading The Persian Boy, about Alexander the Great and his servant, Bagoas. I love it~! Not too graphic - but there's certainly enough to keep my attention. ;3 And I typically don't care for historical fiction....
Aww, not Hephaestion? D:

I love historical fiction.. unfortunately, some of the ones I'd like to read probably wouldn't get published ever, ever. APPARENTLY "normal" people find something objectional about slashing the Founding Fathers.
But the Greeks rather make up for it. xd  

Skizzors
Crew

Whispyfox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:26 pm
A wonderful classic is Mann's "Death in Venice". While the man never even talks to the boy he falls in love with, the emotion is so beautiful it's definitely worth reading. It's one of the most beautifully-written books I have ever read.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 pm
Whispyfox
A wonderful classic is Mann's "Death in Venice". While the man never even talks to the boy he falls in love with, the emotion is so beautiful it's definitely worth reading. It's one of the most beautifully-written books I have ever read.
Oh god, I hated it. gonk I mean, I appreciate the sentiment it portrayed, but it was such a pain to slog through. Great emotion, but obnoxiously presented.  

Skizzors
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:45 pm
surprised My buddy Ash told me today that the novel in the year 12 curriculum at our school is called like... Ummm whatwasit? xD
Somethingorother Love.
Anyway, it's an angsty love story between a married man and a criminal... I can't wait for year 12! whee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:46 pm
YAY!!!! Oscar Wilde is my God smile I love his books. And about gay literature I totally forgot about Diana Gabaldon books specially Lord John series, but there are some minor gay-characters in series about Claire and Jamie  

Shinsengumi_Neko

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:48 pm
Miss Sushii
surprised My buddy Ash told me today that the novel in the year 12 curriculum at our school is called like... Ummm whatwasit? xD
Somethingorother Love.
Anyway, it's an angsty love story between a married man and a criminal... I can't wait for year 12! whee
Report back when you remember the title. eek I wanna read.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:18 pm
There was one book I read and I can't remember what it was called or it's plot but I know it was yaoi ^^;.

Also in Kiss by Jacqueline Wilson one of the main male character's is gay and there's hints with a guy quite early in. Sadly the other guy get's freaked out and starts acting homophobic.

It's got a female protagonist but it's still a good book with yaoi in.  

RoseRosa

Eloquent Rogue

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:30 pm
Skizzors
Miss Sushii
Somethingorother Love.
Report back when you remember the title. eek I wanna read.
Let's make this Christmas...

>__< I'm going nuts, I can't remember the bloody name fo' shitz. I'll ask my friend, she has a good memory... I think...
AHH! I GOT IT! >w<
Enduring Love!
MWAHA!
...a real scream~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:58 pm
Nellynae
Once I'm done I want to read Fire from Heaven or The Last of the Wine, too... if I can find them (finding older books is hard -.-)!

I really liek this and i have read it. ^_^ It was a very nice read  

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

Nellynae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am
Skizzors
Nellynae
Aww, not Hephaestion? D:

I love historical fiction.. unfortunately, some of the ones I'd like to read probably wouldn't get published ever, ever. APPARENTLY "normal" people find something objectional about slashing the Founding Fathers.
But the Greeks rather make up for it. xd

Hesphaestion is in it (and Bagoas is rather jealous of his closeness with Alexander, hee~), but if you want more of Alexander and Hephaestion, you may like Fire from Heaven better.... :3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 am
Nellynae
Hesphaestion is in it (and Bagoas is rather jealous of his closeness with Alexander, hee~), but if you want more of Alexander and Hephaestion, you may like Fire from Heaven better.... :3
^3^! *hug* Thanks, I'll check it out! <3 I loooove A/H.  

Skizzors
Crew

Mayze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 pm
The Nightrunner Series by Lynn Flewelling

The two main characters of the book end up getting together, though it doesn't happen until the end of the second book.

I think Tanya Huff book "Smoke and Shadows" main character is Bi, or something like that. I only read the beginning so far but I remember him liking another guy.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff