Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

operasinger2686

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:37 pm
Most country music

Sean Paul
Hinder
Nickelback
Metallica  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:45 pm
Rellik San

Stop the hatin' folks, rap and rock were once brothers in arms.

LIMP BIZKIT D: D: D: D: D:

Granted, Rage Against the Machine are amazing. I just hate Fred Durst with a burning passion.  

Sharing Heartbeats

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:50 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
Rellik San

LIMP BIZKIT D: D: D: D: D:

Granted, Rage Against the Machine are amazing. I just hate Fred Durst with a burning passion.

We all do, but its not just rap metal, there was a time, when it was common place for rock bands to support major rap acts and vice versa. Its just these days it seems everyone hates everyone else, though I guess its kinda making a comeback via Jay Z collaborating regularly with Linkin Park and X-Zibit, Cube and Snoop all appearing in the video for Twisted Transistor.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:48 pm
Rellik San
Food for thought for all you rap haters.

Go listen to the following bands:
Dog Eat Dog and House of Pain.
2 rap groups that have probably had more influence on rock and metal then anyone like Marilyn Manson ever could.

Tell me one band that lists Manson as an influence.

There's a difference between stylistic similarity and influence. Porcupine Tree was influenced by Pink Floyd but the only similarity they have is that they're British.

-Isel-

TerminalStarSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 am
Most "bubblegum" pop/rock bands (the ones wannabemos think it "their music)

Any Disney Music.....No, I'm serious....ANY

Most Finnish rock bands

MOST pop/rap THAT I'VE HEARD SO FAR.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:09 pm
-Isel-
Rellik San
Food for thought for all you rap haters.

Go listen to the following bands:
Dog Eat Dog and House of Pain.
2 rap groups that have probably had more influence on rock and metal then anyone like Marilyn Manson ever could.

Tell me one band that lists Manson as an influence.

There's a difference between stylistic similarity and influence. Porcupine Tree was influenced by Pink Floyd but the only similarity they have is that they're British.

I think you missed my point.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:34 pm
FallenVamphyre

Most Finnish rock bands

SO you hate Danny Elfman's scores? And John Williams's?

Sacrilege.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 am
All rap and hiphop and Hinder... i know i hate more but i just cant think of them at the moment  

haine13

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:28 am
haine13
All rap and hiphop and Hinder... i know i hate more but i just cant think of them at the moment

So you hate RatM then?

Have you ever heard real rap... not the commercial crap MTV plays about gang bangin' and rapin' hoez... but real expressive rap?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:29 am
Jst about anything and everything in American mainstream. My musical flavor is different I guess. I need strong classical influence in my music. There are some bands without that influence that I like though; The Pillows, yeah yeah yeahs. One type of music I particularly can't stand is grunge. It annoys the hell out of me. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but now I must say it, or else it will poke holes into my stomach until I bleed gastric acid. Grunge music sounds like a bunch of children who came together for the first time and out of the blue they just start playing their instruments with no skill whatsoever. Then there's Nirvana... -_- That's my opinon. If I haven't said anything, it would have seriously bothered me. Sorry. I'm just that way...  

Dr Havit

Tasty Member

16,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dr Havit

Tasty Member

16,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 am
FallenVamphyre

Most Finnish rock bands

WHAT!? Finnish music is awesome... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:35 am
CHicKeNy Corpse
averil lavigne
Fergy
AFI

AFI USED to be good... Around art of drowning and black sails... I hate this December underground crap!  

Dr Havit

Tasty Member

16,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dr Havit

Tasty Member

16,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:39 am
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

Oh, c'mon. Don't try to be a smart a** and refer to " dramallama You can't spell 'crap' withut 'rap!," everyone knows rap stands for "retards attempting poetry."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:44 am
DreamerSpirit
Toasterladd
Rellik San
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

You know I never understood this, what do you people have against all rap? Sure the mainstream stuff sucks, but some of it is really really good. Goths of all people should be open minded about these things.
yeah, we are... and we cant stand it!!! we dont like it, and thats another reason we "dont fit in"!!!

Is it at all fair to judge a whole genre based on a few of it's more popular artists? I personally disliked most gothic music when I first came across it, but after finding some amazing lesser-known bands, I grew to love the genre! A lot of the more popular artists in the gothic genre... Souxie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, and a lot of other artists never really struck my fancy, yet I don't dismiss the entire genre as crap just because I don't like some of the music in it.

Similarily, I don't dismiss rap and hip-hop as being bad simply because I have to put up with horrid songs by popular rappers and hip-hop artists when I'm at school. I do know that there are good rappers and excellent hip-hop artists out there, they're just not well known. My art teacher sometimes brings in hip-hop CD's that are really quite good. The music is well composed, the lyrics are not vulgar (and are actually sort of pretty!), and it's overall nice music. If I knew the artist, I'd post them here, to prove that not all rap and hip-hop is alike, and not all of it sucks.

On to the main topic... I hate, hate, HATE the following musicians.

-Fergie
-Cradle of Filth
-ICP
-Emile Autumn
-Whoever is responsible for the atrocity known as "Lip Gloss" (that song needs to DIE!!!)

Emilie Autumn does get a bit annoying... But I like some of her music...  

Dr Havit

Tasty Member

16,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

master_maji

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:14 pm
stark espada1

99.8% of all country music
no all country music SUCKS!!!  
Music - Related Topics