Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Babygurl5675

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:46 pm
One more thing,if you don't mind. I feel I am ugly and worthless. You see I am a plump girl and for that I truly hate myself. The contributes to my cutting. Well thank you again for letting me rant sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:06 pm
personally i dont think one should cut for their own appearances. im not the skinniest (not fat though). im a little shy of my appearance but i dont cut because of it.  

themagikat

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:05 am
Shadow_Guitar
I think you are all correct. I will now ask a question about if you can just answer yes or no for this. You all know what its like to cut for a reason... well most of you do... and for you all that cut or had a friend cut, can you tell me WHY i should stop... im having a bit of a problem trying to stop cutting and i want everyones ideas on this. If you dont want other to know then PM me and ill pm back when i get back on or if im online then um.. pm me?... lol um.. yeah just pm if u dont want others to know about something but yeah... Should i stop cutting?... u saw my post before the one that was really short... well if you can help me out i would relaly thank you.
Thank you for reading and giving me advise so far...
Please comment.
I don't really know why I stopped, I guess it was because I gradually stopped feeling anything emotionally (I cut to punish myself but I had gotten used to the pain so I was having to cut myself a lot. It got to the point where I almost stabbed my hand with a kitchen knife to feel that I had suffered enough) not the most healthy of reasons to stop I guess......but I'm still glad I stopped.

I'm not going to do the whole "love yourself because you're a lovely person" preacher crap that usually comes from people who have bloody idea what cutters are going through and think that if we are told this we will think "oh! they're right! I love myself now!! I'm going to stop wearing black, switch to pink and only use my razors from hair" stare

I think someone can only stop cuting when they truely want to stop, sit down and think about it. Do you want to? Do you really, genuinely want to carry on doing this to yourself?
It's not easy stopping but I give you all the best of luck Hun and a big hug (I have now become addicted to hugging)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:10 pm
its weird how something like mutilating your self can become so addicting as we have discussed  

themagikat

Babygurl5675

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:17 pm
themagikat
personally i dont think one should cut for their own appearances. im not the skinniest (not fat though). im a little shy of my appearance but i dont cut because of it.

I don't cutt just because I feel I'm ugly. If you would've read my other post you would've seen that I have many other reasons.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:54 pm
sorry, didnt see that post. however in my defence i never said anything really about you at all. i was stating an opinion, not telling one way or another, im not really one to do that.

sorry to offend  

themagikat

GlamourLolita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26 am
Ah---lovely cutting.
I've tried to stop.
It is addicting.
I've been medicated and hospitalized.
Boo-hoo, that did not help.
I never particularly wanted to stop because it thrilled me and such.
My mother was the one who wanted me to stop.
No one knows that I still cut except on the internet because...well you for one, now know.
My brother, who I hardly see, sat me down and really asked me to stop, that he worried about me constantly and I haven't done it since I talked to him because he was a big part of the reason I did it.
Things build up and it melts my tension.
I don't want to do it but I'm not sure if I can completely end it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:47 pm
I cutted myself before through a depressing time I went through, but i don''t wan''t to talk about.  

Hakumei_Schaduwen

Donnie Darko 16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:33 pm
iv never cut myself. I write poetry on cutting, but i dont do it myself. But i have held a loaded gun to my head, but thats it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:40 pm
Babygurl5675
themagikat

I don't cutt just because I feel I'm ugly. If you would've read my other post you would've seen that I have many other reasons.

It's ok. I wan't really offened. Just want to tell you that I don't cutt cause I think I'm ugly. But that's for the understanding. xd biggrin  

Babygurl5675

themagikat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:52 pm
alrighty.
about a week ago i discovered i can blister with burning incense (sp?)... so now ive got burns on me, blegh im slowly killing myself off. yipee skipee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:26 am
You guys have all posted some interesting opinions and stories. i'm not sure what my opinion is , in fact i suppose it's a little bit hypocritical. considering i'm an off-and-on cutter, but the moment one of my friends looks as though they might consider for half a second lifting that stencil knife i go ape s**t ate them. anyway.

My story starts when i was about 7 and in infants school, living with both my mum and dad, who later split up. i used to purposely cut myself on the edge of cans and sharp things, like when i was feeding the cats, for no particular reason at all, i just felt like it. and then at about 9 or 10 i discovered stencil knives when i got into the whole art thing and i used to cut the fleshy parts of my fingers with them and then say i slipped. and then at aout 11-12 i used to purposely fall over and graze the ******** out of my knees at school and when bike riding , again, for no particular reason. and then from about 12-13 when i moved out of my dads house and in with my mum and her partner Ray i used to literally snip bits out of my skin with sewing scissors, cute myself with stencil knifes and stanley knives, and burn myself with lighters and ballpoint pens (i'll explain that to anyone who doesn't know how the ******** u burn urself with a ballpoint) and now i'm fourteen andi managed to stop for about four months and then i got bored and yeah. so i've managed again to stop and i'm on 9 days and counting.  

Krystal_digitaliS

Syllabic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:40 pm
I haven't actually cut my wrists open yet, but I do scratch them up severely, just a tiny bit away from being deep enough to bleed. It's addicting, and if I go deep enough, scars remain for up to a week. Of course, I get mad at myself because I'm too much of a coward to bleed, so I'll slam my legs up against the wall or car until they're really badly bruised.

I don't consider it something that can just be stopped. There is no guarantee that medicine or therapy can help. The best thing to do is just to confront yourself about it, though there's no guarantee with that one, either. I hurt myself because I think I'm fat, moronic, and socially retarded, not because it seems like the gothic thing to do. If a person really hates his or herself that much, it can be really hard to stop self-harming.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Mmkay, here's my semi-crappy life and I know it could be terribly worse...

No really liked me in school... everyone used to make fun of because of my huge imagination while I was little... Like I played salior moon and married random people, etc. Plus I had to go to speech therapy crap just because I couldn't speak right... so everyone was a little confused about that because they did it in between classes and stuff.

Well then all of a sudden a new school was built, yay.... all my friends went to that one and I got stuck with all the rude snooby people. But I did have at least one friend in my class.. Matt... but he was never there he barely even came into school. But when he did the teachers always spilt us apart for no reason. The teachers hated me because I accidently poured salt and pepper into some "special" peoples drinks. My ex-boyfriend told me. This EX boyfriend was a big joke... they dared him to go out with me. Yay me... Well grade 7 and 8 were hell that's where the cutting began but I never did it on my wrists because I never wanted people to know. So I cut on my thigh.

Then highschool, which I'm currently in. My best friend/only person who actually understood me, went to a different school. We were friends before the big school move thing. So everyone thinks I'm totally messed up, they call me a bunch of names, and talk about horrible things about me while I'm standing there.

I've stopped cutting now obviously. But I still do it if I really need too just to relieve stress. But haven't done it for awhile now so, I guess that's good.

Could of been worse I guess...

AngelAmy

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:36 pm
I used to but a few months ago I deciced to stop. I tried to stop a few years ago and I actually had withdrawls from it.
I did it to calm down. To take my mind off things.

I've decided I hate it a lot more than I thought I did.
I hate the scars. I really really hate them.
They're going away though, I bought some stuff for them.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff