Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Best things you can ever say as a Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
MoreSpareParts
TeaDidikai
MoreSpareParts>>I agree with the first two. Not so much the last.
Could you please explain?
How can one be a useful magician (one who uses magic) if one doesn't use magic?
Because thinking and providing information for others can be just as useful.
That information would be a lot more useful if it were field tested.
That is what you are for.

Speaking of which... I have an idea for someone to test...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:40 pm
i only have to say i'm really sorry...i feel like an idiot  

[lady joker]

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 am
[lady joker]
i only have to say i'm really sorry...i feel like an idiot
No need to be sorry and no need to feel bad.

Everyone makes mistakes and as long as you learned something, you're ahead of the game.

The one thing I would point out with the assertion from your first post is that just because it has been believed longer than another belief, that doesn't make it right.

In formal logic, that is known as an appeal to tradition- and it is a fallacy.

An example would be "People believed the earth was flat before people believed it was round, therefore it is flat!".

"My gods were worshiped before your gods- therefore you gods aren't real!"

See how they are similar?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:09 pm
Here some quotes i use it often on Christians Catholics and Jews.

"My god is older then your god so away with you."

"My gods can beat up your god"

"I don't care if your god is all powerful if i kill you he is minus 1 worshiper and it wont much care will it."

"I got a knife in my pocket. Think your god will save you?"  

bondage bunnie

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

bondage bunnie

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:18 pm
Jews have worshiped a single "God" for about 4500 years. Christianity came about in 90A.D. No the math doesnt make sense on that I am well aware. Most of the elder god sects are much older by 1-2k years although what they were then and what they are now is a completely different story.

When greeks were still at war with themselves jews were killing muslims before they were infact muslims  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm
bondage bunnie
Read above for the fact that "worshipped longer" doesn't mean "older". I didn't know about George Burns until well after I knew about Fred Rogers, you know.

Quote:
Hmm. So haughtiness is the new "in" thing now, is it? Oh, wait, I've seen this on bumper stickers and buttons since the early nineties. In other words, this is bumper-sticker wisdom, and laughable at best. At worst, it makes you look like the mindless rebelling "anti-" child that some people think pagans are.

Quote:
"I don't care if your god is all powerful if i kill you he is minus 1 worshiper and it wont much care will it."

Ooh, death threats! Always a great way to show yourself as a respectable person whose religion should be taken seriously or at least not derided.

And no, my gods wouldn't save me. That'd be the 911 call I just placed and, if push came to shove, the 9 mil under my arm. Not everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, bunnie.

Look, I know you're new to the scene here, but this is not an anti-Abrahamic action group. There are and have been Christian members of this guild; this guild is about knowledge, not about how much better "we" are for being pagan or how worse "they" are for being Christians. The fact that you seem to think that derogation, glib rhetoric, and threats of physical harm are acceptable ways of dealing with people of other faiths indicates to me that you need to rethink your stance here.  

Henry Dorsett Case

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:06 am
bondage bunnie
Here some quotes i use it often on Christians Catholics and Jews.

It's funny because I'm not laughing stare  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:02 am
Hrm...I never quite understood the anti-monotheism, if they're wrong, let thm be wrong. Its the same problem I havew with missionaries. Their beliefs are just that, THEIRS  

NMMoriaki

Hell Yeah Seaking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:38 am
Better thing to say

My god IS your god, but more open minded apparently.

If your god was relevant to me than i'd be interested in it.

I praise your gods updated firmware (for nerds like me)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:53 am
Hell Yeah Seaking

Contested, I'm a hard polytheist wink  

patch99329

Hell Yeah Seaking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:02 am
patch99329
Hell Yeah Seaking

Que Sera Sera

or

My god are your gods, they are all united and intertwined in some way  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 am
Hell Yeah Seaking
patch99329
Hell Yeah Seaking

Que Sera Sera

or

My god are your gods, they are all united and intertwined in some way
Contested.

Please prove that my gods have broken oath with me and mine and thus my culture and ethnicity is going to perish now by accepting you amongst their followers.

In short- any of the above is not amongst the best things a Pagan can say. You're making positive assertions about the nature of nonfalsifiable beings.  

TeaDidikai

Shorti Rock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:14 am
TeaDidikai

Here's my starting example:

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell someone you are- you aren't."

this is the best quote i have run into in a while. in fact, i stand by the fact that if one must boast then they are probably a fluffy bunny of sorts.

I participate in a group where i am considered an "elder" because i helped maintain it for quite some time, and people often ask me what i know about and assume i know it all... my simple response is that i know nothing and that i am learning just as they are...i firmly believe in modesty...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 am
Shorti Rock
TeaDidikai

Here's my starting example:

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell someone you are- you aren't."

this is the best quote i have run into in a while. in fact, i stand by the fact that if one must boast then they are probably a fluffy bunny of sorts.
I hold this goes for good relationships too, but that's just me.  

TheDisreputableDog

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:53 am
"we're the Planateers, and you could be one too, cause saving our planet is the thing to do. Looting and polluting is not the way. Hear what Captain Planet, has to say."  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff