Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 pm

It's London, there is no peace, just bored teenagers ripping stuff to pieces or petrol bombing stuff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Well I hope everyone there from these forums and their families are safe.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 pm

is it time to recall troops from AFG home?
police isnt enough it seems wahmbulance
bring the paras! ninja
and in extremis, tanks twisted
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:13 am

This isn't Soviet Russia, nor is this a pre-fall Empire colony where we shoot demonstrators with a .303 Enfield. And while this is the work of a mob fuelled by anarchy, hatred for the government and sickeningly enough, because they feel like it, putting armed forces against them will only make things worse. Blood will have blood. Violence begets violence. It will turn into a never ending cycle that can never, ever end well.

I do hope that our Vikki and Mel stay away from all this during their short stay there. gonk

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 am

Lady Blodwynn
This isn't Soviet Russia, nor is this a pre-fall Empire colony where we shoot demonstrators with a .303 Enfield. And while this is the work of a mob fuelled by anarchy, hatred for the government and sickeningly enough, because they feel like it, putting armed forces against them will only make things worse. Blood will have blood. Violence begets violence. It will turn into a never ending cycle that can never, ever end well.

I do hope that our Vikki and Mel stay away from all this during their short stay there. gonk

well, thing is that these are not demonstrators for any cause, just thieves and vandals...at least threathening them with shooting them might be necessary to arrest and put in jail all of them.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:46 am

Van Evok
Lady Blodwynn

well, thing is that these are not demonstrators for any cause, just thieves and vandals...at least threathening them with shooting them might be necessary to arrest and put in jail all of them.
Yes these are thieves, vandals, anarchists and they do not get any pity from me, threat of lethal force is not the way we do things around here. We can't just threaten citizens, subjects of Her Majesty the Queen, no matter how much they misbehave, with injury or death.

All we can do is hope that the police keeps the pressure on and that the opposition loses steam and appetite for this constant orgy of destruction.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:22 am

Right! NOW! ha ha ha ha ha

I am an anti-christ
I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want but
I know how to get it
I wanna destroy the passer by cos I

I wanna BE anarchy!
No dogs body!

Anarchy for the U.K it's coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a traffic line
your future dream is a shopping scheme

cos I, I wanna BE anarchy!
In the city

How many ways to get what you want
I use the best I use the rest
I use the enemy
I use anarchy cos I

I wanna BE anarchy!
THE ONLY WAY TO BE!

Is this the M.P.L.A
Or is this the U.D.A
Or is this the I.R.A
I thought it was the U.K or just
another country
another council tenancy

I wanna be anarchy
and I wanna be anarchy
Know what I mean
And I wanna be anarchist!
Get PISSED DESTROY !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 am

Okay, I guess this means the two of you are in the thick of it having the times of your lives. burning_eyes

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:46 am

Oh no, after business was done we skipped dinner, cancelled the hotel reservation and raced home as fast as we could. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:46 am

Probably for the best, I'm sure MacDonalds and that same old bed can make up for the luxury of London. xd

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 am

I think the major issue here Blodwynn is that while your country believes in being nice and not threatening it's subjects there comes a time and a place for everything, now leathal force may not be what you want.

But you can not tell me that the police just sitting there in lines and not doing anything about this is the correct way of business as they watch these chav's burn down London.

It's time to form shieldwall, get the water cannons out, the tear gas and the pepper spray and march in with the batons slaping the shields before you begin to hit them with everything you've got.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am

I see that my previous posts might come across as such, I am however not preaching pacifism, but rather stating that replies along the lines of "deploy the army, open fire" are not the ways to go. However, I am all for the police donning riot gear and being out there doing what has to be done. As they have been doing for the last days now.

I just feel that in the long run, it might not fix things at all. sad

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:57 am

From every culvert and gutter erupted the scum of a thousand generations in the breeding, a great swarm of evil and destruction, and darkness consumed the city of Galaspar

40k quote for the day...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, it's not Israel yet.

Though I will say that in my travels I've visited many cities the world over and London certainly struck me as an interesting city because of the signs of anti-government and anarchy blatantly visible. Here are three examples of graffiti when I visited London with my co-workers: [1] - [2] - [3]

The city was quite literally covered in this sort of stuff.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 pm

"Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say."
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games