Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theannacracker

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:56 pm
Hello all. I'm AnnaCrackers, you can call me Anna though. I'm 18 and currently a sophomore at art school studying production animation. I've learned a lot from college, but I still have a lot more to learn...that's why I'm here. I was invited here (thanks!) after posting over and over on PP, trying to help people and receive critiques, but it was usually frowned upon, and i got a lot of "your art is cute!"... Oh God.
So I'm excited to spend some time here in the days before college starts back up. Hopefully in my free time I can talk to some artists and find some gaian friends. biggrin
Thanks again for inviting me, I'm excited to start getting and receiving constructive crits.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 am
Anna, I'm glad you accepted the invitation. I hope we can all be a help to each other. (I also went to school for production animation, only it was digital. I missed out a bit and now I'm studying illustration.)  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

your_nightmare01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 am
hay peoplez!!! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Welcome Sorry.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

akinmytua

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm
Hi! My name is Autymn, but you can call me akinmytua (my name in Japanese and my real name backwards) or "hey you!" or konoichi (long story) I really am happy that my request to join was accepted and am looking forward to some constructive critiques. I have loved art for as long as I can remember, my mother is a commercial artist, and it's so much a part of me that I don't think I can be described without it. As to what I draw... or sketch... or paint... I don't have a definite style. I'm a senior this year and that is one of the goals my painting teacher set out at the beginning of class this year. I like realism as well as manga styles when it comes to drawing people, but my proportions tend to be off (My people tend to have large heads...) But that is what I am here for. Help and hopefully comradery as well.

I love animals, cats the most, and am good at drawing them. I like flowy colors and I am very open about other people's art. I definitely agree with kiki's trash can analogy.

Besides drawing I read a lot...a lot a lot... I got a letter grade dropped in a English class once because I read ahead and read(ignoring the teacher) after completing assignments. I read everything, including cereal boxes.
In fact... I draw everything to... I haven't drawn a cereal box before though... a lamp, but not a cereal box. Oops! I'm rambling. I tend to do that. I think that may be good for introductions. Hillo again!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:07 pm
Welcome! We're glad to have you.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

theannacracker

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:29 pm
Errol McGillivray
Anna, I'm glad you accepted the invitation. I hope we can all be a help to each other. (I also went to school for production animation, only it was digital. I missed out a bit and now I'm studying illustration.)

Same here, I'm going to Digipen (no one has ever heard of it, lol) But I'm receiving lots of traditional instruction as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 pm
AnnaCrackers
Errol McGillivray

Same here, I'm going to Digipen (no one has ever heard of it, lol) But I'm receiving lots of traditional instruction as well.
Haha. You're very wrong if you think no one has heard of it. If I had the money or the math scores, I would have gone. But it's on the other side of the continent and I just can't afford to move. Or afford the school. Also, I probably never would have made the cut. I went to Full Sail. No cut to be made. School is what you make it, I guess. Digipen would have assured me a career, but I wouldn't give away what I learned at Full Sail (and the friends I made) for anything. (I'm sure you Digipen guys have little more than disdainful pity for us Full Sail guys. At least that was the impression I got when I was there.)

I envy that you're there though. Good stuff. I'm assuming you're on the art track?  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

theannacracker

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 pm
Errol McGillivray
AnnaCrackers
Errol McGillivray

Haha. You're very wrong if you think no one has heard of it. If I had the money or the math scores, I would have gone. But it's on the other side of the continent and I just can't afford to move. Or afford the school. Also, I probably never would have made the cut. I went to Full Sail. No cut to be made. School is what you make it, I guess. Digipen would have assured me a career, but I wouldn't give away what I learned at Full Sail (and the friends I made) for anything. (I'm sure you Digipen guys have little more than disdainful pity for us Full Sail guys. At least that was the impression I got when I was there.)

I envy that you're there though. Good stuff. I'm assuming you're on the art track?

Yep, I'm an artist. We just started Max, and some other digital stuff. My whole first year we weren't allowed near a computer, all traditional training. It's really fun. And I've heard about Full Sail from other students, who seem to look down upon it. But really, it doesn't depend where you go, it's the quality of your work and the amount of time you put into your profession.
biggrin Man, that reminds me I have homework tonight XD
lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:37 pm
AnnaCrackers
Errol McGillivray
AnnaCrackers
Errol McGillivray

Yep, I'm an artist. We just started Max, and some other digital stuff. My whole first year we weren't allowed near a computer, all traditional training. It's really fun. And I've heard about Full Sail from other students, who seem to look down upon it. But really, it doesn't depend where you go, it's the quality of your work and the amount of time you put into your profession.
biggrin Man, that reminds me I have homework tonight XD
lol
Full Sail is a trade school. If you go in with the art background already, you're set. They train the hell outta you in the technical aspect. Like I said, it wasn't something I'd trade away. That and it's outside of Orlando. Can't beat that with all the show in Washington State. Hehe. I did think about going to Digipen (after I fix my credit some) now that I have some art background, but the industry changed and I don't even really want to be a part of it. I'm very happy doing illustration. And I guess with what I get from illustration, I can go back and be in the industry if I wanted to as a concept artist or whatever.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Novachi

Wheezing Fatcat

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm
Ello, I'm Dark Nova. (but I also go by Queen.) There isn't much I can say about myself, but I'll try to come up with something.
I'm from America, I have at least 30 OCs (mostly my Neopets), and I started drawing a year ago exactly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm
Hello all!

I'm artsy_bond_girl, yet i answer to many names... bond or 007 works if you wanna shorten it smile I'm 15, a high school sophomore in Canada, learning at the best art-oriented high school in my area ^.^
I've loved art all my life.. i was drawing before walking, and always drew all over schoolwork before i knew better smile even still, my tests all have some sort of embelleshment on the sides smile I hope to go into graphic design, animation... something like that.. and get into Sheridan or NASCAD colleges. I play around with many styles, my preferred being pencil/charcoal in a sketchy style, although i've been getting into more cartoon-ish drawings of people lately.

well then now that i've talked myself horse, i'll just go.. away now redface

ninja abg007 ninja  

artsy_bond_girl007

alternativeFLY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:59 pm
Bonjour!!! Hello, Name's Juan, I've been a member here since, agh, but yeah barely came back ^^ toodles, so hows everyone?? Well I'm 16, Junior, Half French Half Mexican, I have brownish yellowish eyes, (dirty gold) haha and I like to draw, ^^ I'm not good at it, but practice makes perfect, Feel free to talk to me and yeah get to know me, I get to know you, I really want to meet artists, to share tips and opinions. Anyways, PM me ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:34 pm
ah ....ok my name is jacob and i'm not good at drawing and i hope i can get bedder 3nodding 3nodding (i'm bord a lot)  

MichicanMan

RazXion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name's Raz, been drawing for years. Amature comic artist and have gotten some pointers from some Pros that work at Marvel Comics. Been on a little art break since I've had my baby girl and starting to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully I can help someone out on here or some people can give me a few pointers for things that I'm having troubles with myself.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Only colored those two, didn't draw them out.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games