Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Off- Topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:32 pm

7:30 AM for her, and she's got school. So yeah, it'll be quite a long while. sweatdrop

The joys of oversea time zones. Not only a few hours--but a whole friggen different day.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:44 pm

I get so confused with the time line. So...its tomorrow over there right?  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 pm

Yep. It's tomorrow morning in Australia right now.

You should've heard me when I was over on the East Coast. Me and my friends going "Ok, we're 13 hours..behind them? No! Ahead of them! Wait! Are we as in like home 13 hours ahead of them as in like here, or the other way?...my brain hurts"

We eventually gave up and started calling our parents whenever was convienent for us. Which usually turned out to be like 3 in the morning for them.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:58 pm

That sounds fun. ^_^  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:02 pm

What was even more fun was watching it happen. Especially the preppies who didn't really want to call but had to call and started to get all frustrated because they had no idea what exactly everyone else was trying to say and it was just annoying them and they didn't get enough sleep because of so and so and such and such and *freak out*

That was funny, eventually we would take pity on them and having already gone through the process of figuring out the time differences while they fought, we would tell them and watch as one who was off by an hour gloat while the others stormed off to fight over the payphones.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:04 pm

I've only ever been an hour behind or ahead so not so much fun.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:16 pm

I've normally only been an hour ahead or behind.

I just kind of lost track of which one and would add when I had to subtract or vice versa.

But that's because I'm a bit scatterbrained.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:28 am

Yey I was centre of discussion for a few posts. I feel loved. But yeah, I basically only get on the computer for 45 minutes on school days... Sometimes I sneak on for an hour but that is rare.

On weekends however I am rarely every off biggrin

I have never experienced a time-confusion because I have never left my little rut.

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:05 pm

I'm sick and I have to go to my choir concert *groans* I have to be an hour early and then sit there while the Jr. High performs (my poor ears are going to bleed, they have a new director who knows NOTHING and they used to have one of the best in the state--I know, he was my first director! ^_^) and then I have to sing 3 songs, stick around till the end of the concert and sing in the finale...

gonk I don't want to! I don't feel good! *groan*
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:38 pm

I have to pee! *whines*

I'm going to church with my friend tonight! *whines*

I hate when guilds have wannabe guilds created after them (such as a Harry Potter Slash Guild of Passion! It doesn't actually exist, but it could be created! ><) Anyway, I think I might change this guild to the OFFICIAL version. =3 In case of wannabes.

=o I'm going to eat out before church today. *dances*

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:14 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on the computer for a while. Same with Ahro and Sirius due to storm preparations. Not to mention that Severus' family is going to Canada for some reason for like a fishing trip. She had the decency to tell me that she was leaving this afternoon after work and to let you guys know so I guess its a good thing the RP is going to get frozen...no telling when any of us will be getting back and Severus' said the same thing.

I've been on vacation with them. A week long vacation turned into two weeks... rolleyes Better pray that doesn't happen especially if we get back online before she does.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:52 pm

That choir concert-- gonk I'm telling you I'm never going to another one when the Jr. High is there. It was nuts--I nearly died--5 times.

sweatdrop

But anyways, yeah, you guys stay safe. I was watching the news (ok...glancing at because the mentioned the Astros--and even if you aren't a baseball fan [me] you gotta cheer for the Astros because after always getting one game away from the Series--they FINALLY got there. Or you know, you have to be in Houston and get threatened with baseball bats if you say something bad or wear white socks) and they had stuff on the hurricane.

I want to know what gives them the impression a storm can just make sharp 90* angled turns.

I didn't know nature worked that way. I would've predicted it to probably glance off of Mexico and then head up a bit--maybe to hit some where on the north west of Florida or around that lovely little bend (I'm trying not to just bluntly say "Back up to N.O." But according to the news casters it's going to hit Cancun and then make a sharp left and head straight. sweatdrop I dunno, maybe it's got something to do with weird wind speeds and crap I'll never understand--it just looks unlikely and unnatural to me.

So, you guys stay safe, have fun. If you can send us a message before you disappear for awhile that'd be cool, if not, *shrug* oh well. And send us messages when you get back for good.

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:28 am

No Hurrican danger here. Bushfires on the other hand...

Yeah, Summer months= bushfires. I live right next to a park/bush area and it once was fully ablaze while we were asleep, but my mum had night shift and when she drove out she looked at the fire and was all:

"Ah ********... When I get home hopefully the house will be intact... Must hurry, I'll be late for work!" And she drove off and no houses were burnt.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:11 am

... I would totally do something like that "Oh a very large and dangerous fire headed towards my home. Ah well, ******** it. *keeps driving*"

Speaking of mothers, it's about 6 am in the morning and the phone just rang. I was in the process of fighting with my bed hair (which means sticking my head underneath the water faucet, passing a brush through it, repeat until nothing sticks up in wild directions) so I didn't catch it, but I will say I was freaked that my parents were going to kill me. My cell phone started ringing and I ran to go yell at the friend calling the house line this time of day and it was my mom in the hospital. eek Apparently she had a fever of 106*F last night and Dad rushed her to the emergency room at 2 in the morning. Which could explain why some one shot me in my dream (the door is right underneath my room and he slammed it) and I woke up in a cold sweat.

Lesson to be Learned: My mother has too much stress during Flu season and my dad--well he needs to practice what he preaches and not slam doors--that was really scary. 3nodding

Ok, I'm going to school now.

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Percival Ignatius Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:50 am

Here to claryify for HKBlack why this hurricane might hit Southwest Florida [we are all in Cape Coral, Florida just south of Naples. This is Southwest Florida.]. There is a cold front coming down from Texas that will possibly force Hurricane Wilma directly at us. The other two paths though take it to the southern tip of Florida or over the Keys.

Then, we have the Yukatan Penisula which might actually hold Wilma's attention for a couple of days. If it does that. We don't have a hurricane. Until then, I'm staying at Rem's house helping him recouperate. His fever is down and he is somewhat coherant.

Rather, he is coherant enough to sit next to me, drink his green tea and tell me what to write and write a post in response to Lunar_Blade. Allow me to let him get on Gaia now.  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games