Stress??? WHAT STRESS??? *twitch twitch*
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 48

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm
Whoah my dog is licking my boots right now and it's really strange. confused

So I'm feeling this weird emotion right now and I can't describe it....I never really smile that much, right? I didn't smile at all when I was younger, especially not around my parents. Why not? I had no reason to smile around them, the best thing to do around their prescence was to load up on painkillers and wait for the beatings to ensue or to get the hell out of there. But sometimes I couldn't get away from them and my parents would get really angry when they saw I never smiled, sometimes I wondered why the hell they expected me to smile. Do slaves smile at their cruel masters? Do trapped animals smile at their catpures? No they don't, so why would I smile at my parents? Sometimes they would make threats about what they would do to me if I didn't smile. A few times they made some half-jokes about giving me a "Glasgow Smile". I didn't know what that was back then but now that I know what it is and the name for it I remembered them threatening me with it in a half-joke. (A Glasgow Smile is when you cut from the corners of the mouth in an arc until you get to the ears, like what they did to Elizabeth Short's face. For those of who you don't know about her, think of the scars on the Joker's face from The Dark Knight.) I was just thinking about how ironic it would be if they had done that to me, I'd always be smiling but it would never actually be a real smile. After that I would have had no reason to smile at all. Sometimes the only time I would smile was when I was nervous or when I would laugh. Sometimes I'd get nervous and smile when they yelled me, and that just made them even more angry, so they would slap me sometimes and hit me with news papers and such to get me to stop smiling, but I wouldn't stop because I couldn't. Suddenly one time I just started laughing. Now I don't react to pain much and whenever something does hurt I laugh and smile. I laugh. I laugh like it's the most twisted, dark, hilarious, and ironic thing in the world, maybe because it kind of is. My parents got what they wanted. A child who smiles. I do smile now, but not always out of happiness, and then it's frightening to them.

Congratulations mom, good job dad, I guess your wishes did come true after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 pm
KeevanSixx

I mean, I lived during the 70's and 80's, not in diapers, but as a young angst ridden teenage outcast goth, and I think I do know the difference between what the "scene" in the 70's called "punk", and what the "scene" in the 80's called "goth"....I lived it, not read it out of rock magazine or goth bible like many people trying to seem "with it".

I am sick of this whole elitist "I lived it" nonsense, it's not my fault I was born too late, and while Goth was originally about the music, it has progressed, progressed in such a way that it has managed to continue on for almost two decades, were it not for the "state of mind" which you seem to despise so much, Goth would be as dead as Punk.  

Shadowed Intent

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:43 pm
Not much of a rant, but-

You know what's really damn dumb business wise? But also indicative of consumer intelligence?

Coke Zero. You see, they say that it tastes just like Coke. They say you can't even tell the difference. The commercials all tell me that it has zero calories and it tastes just like regular Coke. Awesome, right?

Well, here's my conundrum- If it really tastes exactly like regular Coke, why did they make it into a separate product? Why not just replace regular Coke with it? If it tastes the same and is healthier, what's there to lose?

Which comes to the business side of things. One or more of the following MUST be true:

1) It doesn't taste the same.

2) It has fewer calories but isn't healthier per se.

3) It's more expensive to make Coke Zero, so they make it a separate product until they're done milking all possible profits from the regular 180-calories-per-can under the regular brand.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 pm
I was just thinking about this lately, looking back on what used to piss me off. Thinking about it, the follow still pisses me off to this day, because it's something that I'm pretty sure has always happened, and will continue to happen, for all eternity-

In sports, it's a tradition of good sportsmanship to congratulate your opponents at the end of a game, no matter who won. This manifests itself in kid's sports via high-five line-ups. Both teams line-up and walk by each other single-file, each player giving a high-five or handshake to each other player and saying "Good game," as you do so.

I always thought this was good sportsmanship, and am glad to see that most youth leagues (and many adult leagues) still practice the tradition.

What pisses me off, per se?

That one kid. You'll know who I'm talking about if you ever were part of a team who did this. There was always that one kid on the other team: he's really quite fat, bloated, to be specific. He has a perfectly round face and small, beady eyes, and a natural chin that disappears into his second chin. His hair is blond, and mussed up in just the way he thinks is cool. His cheeks are terribly flushed, and he breathes through his mouth. His enormous stomach and huge, knee-cap eclipsing thighs make him waddle and lumber rather than walk and run, respectively.

It's not the way he looks that pisses me off, I'm just describing him to remind you. When walking down the line giving high-fives to each member of the opposing team, he's about 2/3 of the way down. Each "Good game" exchanged with opposing team members becomes sing-song, and is really quite pleasant, until you reach him. With an expression somewhere between a sneer and a smirk, he says in the same sing-song voice, "Bad game."

Not only is he such a bad sport that he feels the need to say this to each of your team members, but the look on his face suggests to you that he thinks he's some sort of rebel for saying it. More annoying yet is how smug he is, and you get the feeling that he considers himself brilliantly creative for having come up with such a thing.

This kid really pisses me off, and worse yet, practically every team you face will probably have someone just like him.  

GilAskan
Crew

master_maji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 am
you know what i hate?
those a**holes who act like a jerk and try to be your friend!
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:21 pm
scream
i am steaming!!!!!
so theres this stupid ******** high schooler, and he hit me in the back of my ******** head so hard that i have to to be rushed to urgent care and i have it stapled shut!!!!! and the number doesnt workk!!!!!!and he only gets in-house!!!!!! DAMMITDAMNIT DAMNIT!!! WHAT THE ******** WAS HE THNKING WHEN HE DID THAT???
THAT BLOOD WAS COMING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARGHH!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO HURT HIM SO BAD THAT HE NEEDS STAPLES!!!!!  

xfrench_genx

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 am
master_maji
you know what i hate?
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed
Yet everyone loves me and I'm an a*****e who acts like a jerk and yet is friends with people. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:59 pm
Rellik San
master_maji
you know what i hate?
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed
Yet everyone loves me and I'm an a*****e who acts like a jerk and yet is friends with people. smile

Strange, same here.

Only I don't try to be friends with anyone, they come to me for some odd reason I will never understand.

Why would a perfectly happy, sane, well meaning person come to a rude, sadistic jerk of highly questionable mental stability who bad luck seems to be glued to and who's ideas never fail to end in 'all or nothing'?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:00 pm
I am displeased.

I did not collect nearly enough mint candies to satisfy myself and consumer demand.

evil  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
master_maji
you know what i hate?
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed

Strange, same here.

Only I don't try to be friends with anyone, they come to me for some odd reason I will never understand.

Why would a perfectly happy, sane, well meaning person come to a rude, sadistic jerk of highly questionable mental stability who bad luck seems to be glued to and who's ideas never fail to end in 'all or nothing'?

I think its for the fun factor.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:05 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
master_maji
you know what i hate?
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed

Strange, same here.

That makes sense.....I must be a metaphorical amusment park then. Tickets are 45 dollars each, no discounts.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:15 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
master_maji
you know what i hate?
THEY PISS ME OFF!
scream stressed

Strange, same here.

That makes sense.....I must be a metaphorical amusment park then. Tickets are 45 dollars each, no discounts.
I have a season pass. ^_^  

Rellik San
Crew

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out