Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ineffable Experiences. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:45 pm

TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
I'm starting to doubt whether or not I need this in my life, and it seems I need to do a lot of thinking and searching to find the answers I seek.
Oh?

Yeah. I seem to have a knack for doubting spiritual and religious pursuits.
I find that to be fairly healthy myself.

I've been finding that to be truer and truer as time goes on.
I'm skeptic of many, many things. Speaking to gods is one of them.
How can one verify that such a thing happened and that it wasn't just a thoughtform or fantasy?
And yet, I'd like to believe it's possible.
It gets confusing, because it seems like a battle of faith versus science in my own freaking head.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
I'm starting to doubt whether or not I need this in my life, and it seems I need to do a lot of thinking and searching to find the answers I seek.
Oh?

How can one verify that such a thing happened and that it wasn't just a thoughtform or fantasy?
It gets confusing, because it seems like a battle of faith versus science in my own freaking head.
It's good that you're skeptical. Prevents bad s**t from happening mostly.

Also keeps you fluid. Keeps you learning. It seems to me that when we get too settled and confident in our authority, we are stuck.

Gho the Girl

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 am

Smug b*****d is smug.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:30 am

Lance Kisgyr
Smug b*****d is smug.
What do you see in his smugness that you also see in yourself?

Gho the Girl

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:58 am

Gho the Girl
Lance Kisgyr
Smug b*****d is smug.
What do you see in his smugness that you also see in yourself?

Intelligent, probing question -- I like it.
I see an immovable object, an unwillingness to question one's own knowledge.

However, looking in the mirror, I do see the rock beginning to soften at least in that regard.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 am

Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
Oh?

One thing I like to remember is that you can't expect talking to deities to work like phoning up a friend.

If you want to chat about the kinds of experiences that you use to talk to your gods- we might be able to come up with some means to test it.

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:56 pm

This world is made of love and peace!
~imitates the Vash finger gesture from Tri-gun~ heart
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Yeaaaaaah... love and peace are definitely not major parts or even minor parts of Etherism.

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Ethics vs. Ingrained Culture. Epic cagefight. My head. Sunday, 3 dollars (Canadian) a ticket. Be there.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

~imitates the black cat~

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Collowrath, let's start with the basics.

Start writing a dream journal. Chronicle everything you can about how you feel, what the weather's like, what the grass color is.
Make this dream so concrete in your mind that you can recall how many blades of grass were bright purple and how many were green.
When you've done that, your mind should have a blueprint of the dream. This will allow you to exert a certain amount of control, to know the thing is to shape the thing.

Place a piece of amethyst on a plate of salt. Amethyst is good for nightmares. Even if it's psychosomatic. Amethyst is good for nightmares. Salt is hygroscopic, so it will need changing once a week. When you're discarding the salt (if you have particularly evil neighbours with a lawn, you can salt their land {I kid}) banish the dream with it.

Finally, on the basics front, create a dream guardian for yourself. Something equally big and scary but for whatever reason (I used "your creation" in my case {a black dragon named Heark who has, since, been re-homed}) beholden to you. I'm not big on slavery, so I paid mine with steak.

Again, these are all things which are psychological in nature but have an overlap in the mystical. If these don't work within a month, come back to me. I have a few less psychological more mystical steps that can be taken.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 pm

CuAnnan
Place a piece of amethyst on a plate of salt. Amethyst is good for nightmares. Even if it's psychosomatic. Amethyst is good for nightmares. Salt is hygroscopic, so it will need changing once a week. When you're discarding the salt (if you have particularly evil neighbours with a lawn, you can salt their land {I kid}) banish the dream with it.

I know I have amethyst in the house somewhere - it's just a matter of finding it. Barring that, I know my aunt can give me some. Thanks.

Quote:
Finally, on the basics front, create a dream guardian for yourself. Something equally big and scary but for whatever reason (I used "your creation" in my case {a black dragon named Heark who has, since, been re-homed}) beholden to you. I'm not big on slavery, so I paid mine with steak.

I hadn't thought of something like that. stressed I'm definitely going to do this, as soon as I can get some time to clear my head. I've already got something in mind that should be useful tonight that I can tweak later.

Quote:
Again, these are all things which are psychological in nature but have an overlap in the mystical. If these don't work within a month, come back to me. I have a few less psychological more mystical steps that can be taken.

I definitely will, though I hope it doesn't come to that. In the meantime, feel free to IM me whenever. smile Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Collowrath

guardian_rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Recursive Paradox
Yeaaaaaah... love and peace are definitely not major parts or even minor parts of Etherism.

First, what is Etherism? Not heard of that one before.
Second, I believe I said most. There will always be an exception.

@ Fiddlers Green: You mean the victory sign? Did you know that sign is considered a gang sign now?
This is according to the Alaska Anti-gang unit in our state troopers.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:23 pm

guardian_rose
TeaDidikai
guardian_rose
Most religions are fundamentally the same.
Hasty Generalization.

Most Religions have superficial similarities.

I don't really believe that core themes such as love and peace amongst fellow man is a hasty generalization. Nor are they superficial.

All generalisations are false, including this one.

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:48 am

A gourd with an empty wax comb inside, awaiting the bees.

guardian_rose
@ Fiddlers Green: You mean the victory sign? Did you know that sign is considered a gang sign now?
This is according to the Alaska Anti-gang unit in our state troopers.

Astonishingly, gestures can mean more than one thing.

guardian_rose
I don't really believe that core themes such as love and peace amongst fellow man is a hasty generalization. Nor are they superficial.

I don't have any fellow man. I'm female.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games