Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:54 pm
User Image

Do I have your attention? I know the way you've been livin'

Tevye arrvied at the pitch when he heard there was a practice going on he practicably ran there a bit late. Just making it before the captain's speech."I don't have any problems with you Captain... If anything I thought you'd all have problems with me. I was no good as a beater that game. I didn't hit anyone and of more importance I failed to save any of you...I was a bit afrade that you would not want to keep me as beater."he said rubbing the back of his head."I don't blame you or anyone else Remy, even Luke in fact I now have a good way of making the other beaters mad and want to target me because of him, though it worked a bit to well."He said with a big laugh.

Life so reckless, tragedy endless Welcome to the family

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch pitch

After everybody showed up and questioned Remy on why the practice was called Remy started to explain. David knew it was better for the team that he didn't play as lead Seeker but rather Romy should. Romy was good and he desired the position more then he did.

This wasn't as bad as David thought it would be. Of course when the people who did have problems started talking it would probably get heated. "Can I say something?" David asked standing up from his spot on the grass. It was the first words he'd spoken to the team since the game. "First off Romy I know you'll do way better then I did on that field the next time we play." he told him. "...And Tevye we all had a bad game that's no reason to knock you from your spot as beater." David told his friend.

"And second, I'm sorry I let the team down when you needed me the most. I tried something I wanted to do and it turns out I wasn't ready for it. On top of that I don't have a problem with any of you. Your all great players and I know we can turn this season around with a little more team spirit and a whole lot more teamwork." David told the team. "Oh and I know a few of you blame Remy for our lose because she's the captain. But what you have to realize is she's doing the best she can and she's doing great." he said looking over at Remy for the first with a smile on his face.

It took him a while to realize something but they were a team they just weren't acting like one. "Besides we're supposed to be a team... it's not all about one person at the end of every game we either win as a team and we lose as a team it's as simple as that so it's time we started acting like one." David stated confidently. Now he wasn't pushing his failure on the team but if the team wasn't willing to work together they would never win.

With: Gryffindor Quidditch team

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Position: Seeker
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 steal, +3 catch, +3 dodge
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

IceGrayWolf
kiska166
TechNerd0072
Xistund
Miss GryffindorK
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Rawwk N Rawwr
XxXDevil-Chan
Diamond_Wales
Sir Spazalots

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith raised an eyebrow. She was inviting the team to criticize her? And no one was even speaking up? The only one who did was just repeating what she bloody said. Blah blah blah. Shut it kid. he thought a the boy finally shut up. A smirk crossed his face. "Well first off. You clearly have no idea what is best for the team. You put aside players who would do good on the field for players who barely know what they are doing. I've been trained by a professional for Merlin's sake! I can get this team to be good! AND YOU PUT ME ON THE BLOODY RESERVE TEAM? You didn't play try outs the way you should either. First off if there is more than two trying for seeker, they should have two on the field at once, trying for the snitch. Then see who gets it in the least time out of the three." he took a breath before continuing. "Not to mention how you don't hold CONSISTENT try outs. Sometimes you make us wait two bloody weeks before we can practice!" he said as he glared at the girl.

Position: Beater
AC: AC: 10 + 2 (2 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Modifiers: +2
Final Roll:
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image
User Image
Risin' up back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance now I'm back on my feet
Just a girl and her will to survive
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the Eye of the Lycan
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of my rival
I'm the last known survivor
I'll stake my prey in the night
And I'm watching you all
With the Eye of the Lycan

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ blushed at the odd compliments, then turned to face Keith. He was mad, that much was obvious. The girl never dropped her gentle smile, but her eyes showed her venom. "And what, pray tell, does it matter to me if your Daddy's a pro? Maybe I prefer those I can train from scratch, with no cocky attitude or smart mouth? See, Alvern, there's a reason you didn't make it. Oh yes, your skills are obvious, the bruising on my ribs proves it, but, to be a team, one must first drop their ego. You sir, are one of the most arrogant, egotistical kids I've ever met. Iris made the team because she's good at support. Same with Tev. I'm placing our lives in the hands of the Beaters. I'm going to give the spot to someone who actually feels a shred of compassion for his teammates. Maybe, if you could express a hint of emotion or thought that isn't 'I'm better than you,' you'd stand a chance." Her calm expression had somehow remained, her voice still soft and caring. The wolf secretly congratulated herself on her ability to keep her emotions in check. "And on a side note, it's generally not a good idea to bludgeon the one grading you in try-outs."
Sir Spazalots

{Out of Chasing:}

AC=17
Modifiers=+7
Total Roll: 20
~/3
Skills: ~Natural Flier ~Great Catch ~Swift Swipe

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds till' we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 pm
User Image

User Image

Jacob walked onto the pitch, his face still bruised from the fight a few days ago with Luke. He felt terrible and probably looked it, too. However, when he arrived at the pitch, he glanced from face to face, realizing he was probably going to give more bad news to an already downcast team. He decided to keep silent, though. When he heard Keith's response to Remy, however, his jaw dropped open. Wait, how was any of this the captain's fault? He was too shocked to say a word and kept silent, thinking that perhaps it was better to keep the fact he had lost the house one hundred points silent because of a bad decision.

AC: 11
Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +3, Blocking +3 (-1)
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Great Catch
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

----------------------------------
State: Depressed
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith glared at the girl. "And what about you? Miss. Oh-I'm-so-important? Sneaking around at night and disappearing twice a month? You said you were so in love with that idiot we had as captain last year, but only a few months after he leaves, you are going after that girl in the bathrooms." he said. "You think your better than others and you don't care what happens to this house! I actually want to win that Bloody Quidditch cup, unlike you." he said. He was furious now. This bloody girl thinks she could tell him off? Oh she made the worst choice.

AC: AC: 10 + 2 (2 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Final Roll:

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Xistund

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 pm
User Image

Tevye had heard enough from Keith He clenched his fist."You know your right I for one don't know that much about Quidditch. Maybe I've not been trained by some professional. Hell I've never even heard of the game since last year. But I'm not some pampered arrogant gitt who thinks he's a star player. Don't forget you got hurt during tryouts too and after Remy offered to heal you, you where to busy sulking that you did not make the team. If you want on so badly fine here is your chance! I challenge you to a beater off Best beater for my spot!" He said clearly not thinking this through but to angry to care.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:52 pm
User Image
User Image
Risin' up back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance now I'm back on my feet
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the Eye of the Lycan
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of my rival
I'm the last known survivor
I'll stake my prey in the night
And I'm watching you all
With the Eye of the Lycan

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ fell silent when Keith mentioned her monthly disappearances. Now that the entire team knew, would her deepest secret be jeopardized? Luckily for her, it just looked as if her pride were wounded. The girl stood solemn, watching the boy, trying to keep all emotion out. "Keith Alvern, You have no say what happens on this team, understand? You have no business in my personal life either. Where I go, when I go, and whom I go with are none of your concern." She was about to continue, when Tevye chimed in. "You know what, I like your idea, Tev. Alvern versus Murphy. Winner, to my standards, makes Beater." She sent targets to the air, a total of seven. Three were red, three blue, and the last was dark grey. After a few flicks of her wand, they were all flying about. "Rules are simple. First to hit all three of their targets, then the grey one, whilst maintaining the lowest self damage wins. Do remember, if you hit one of us, you are automatically eliminated. Take to the sky. Tev is Blue, Keith is red. Begin." She released the two bludgers, then flew up on her own broom. She was quite excited to watch the drama unfold.
Sir Spazalots
Xistund

{Out of Chasing: Red/Blue targets have AC of 15. Grey one has AC=19. Good luck.}

AC=17
Modifiers=+7
Total Roll: 20
~/3
Skills: ~Natural Flier ~Great Catch ~Swift Swipe

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds till' we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith glared at the girl. "Fine. I'll prove I deserve to be on the team." he said. Jumping on his broom he grabbed the beaters bat and swung a bludger at the first red target.

Final Roll: 20

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:03 am
User Image

Tevye twitched a bit as she said targets remembering the tryouts .'Why is it easier hitting people... Oh well no matter if I want to keep my place I got to play better then ever before.' he thought as he grabbed his bat and broom and flew up. Seeing a bludger he moved to hit it keeping a smile on his face mostly to hide that he was worried.

AC: 15
Modifiers: +5 to AC, + 1 to HIT
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger and Dang Healthy
Lives: [♥] [♣] [♦] [♠]

Xistund

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 am
User Image
User ImageGryffindorThird YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romy watched in horror as Keith mentioned Remy's monthly leaves. He knew, simply because he was her little brother. However, unlike Remy, his blue eyes didn't fail to notice the bruised boy walk in. He looked like he got pelted with Bludgers! Romulus frowned slightly, then patted the area of grass beside him. Hopefully, Jacob would sit so the older boy could make sure he was okay... and maybe figure out what happened...
Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 am
User Image
User Image

Keith glared at the boy "I'll show you." he said, flying over to the bludger and swinging towards the second red target.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:12 am
User Image
User Image

Keith grunted as the bludger took a last minute change of direction as he swung at it. It smacked into his arm. "Damn." he said.

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:15 am
User Image

Tevye saw the boy and could not help but luagh a bit. "Oh so that's how the pro's do it huh? Ok I'll remember that when I want to get hit." The boy said as he moved to hit his next target.

Modifiers: +5 to AC, + 1 to HIT
Lives: [♥] [♣] [♦] [♠]

Xistund

Xistund

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 am
User Image

And Tevye got hit with a hiss. "Okay okay I get it, Karma." He said with a bit of a smile despite his ribs hurting.

Modifiers: +5 to AC, + 1 to HIT {-1}
Lives: [♥] [♣] [♦] [D]

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games