Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:02 pm
Meteniera reenters shortly. "They've taken some Veritaserum!! Whoever they are, they've taken it!!!!!! The little thieves!" A long string of curses follow and Meteniera raves to no one in particular. She turns to Selena. "You don't know who took it, do you?" she asks with an accusatory tone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm
User Image
"Oh, she's quite well, she tool up a teaching job at May Flower, a wizardry school in Salem." Professor Algorith then gasps. "How did they now where it was?!" She then took her wand to send what muggles called an intercom through the school. "Attention students. It's been brought to my attention that some one has been in a restricted area. If you know any information about this, please contact a teacher immediately."  

cocosam

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:31 pm
I just love how you automatically assume I had anything to do with it. Have you ever come in contact with the phrase about assuming things?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 pm
Smiling sarcastically, Meteniera says,"Why I believe I did once at age eight. It made me giggle, but nothing more. I guess some people never get over their juvenile pleasures. Pity, the human mind. I'm assuming that you don't know who took it, then? You don't have to answer if the question is too complex for your mind to handle." Meteniera says, letting her words do the cutting here.  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm
An announcement resounds through the room:

"Professors, if you haven't already, please close your classes and tally any remaining house points into the Hourglasses. Summer term is officially over."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:14 pm
Quote:
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
A tad bit over a year

2. How many posts have you made?

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes I have been enrolled in other classes. I tried to do as much work as i could

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
1st choice: Divination
2cd choice: Apparation

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor Esmerelda Consuela Cotner

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
It has always been a dream of mine to teach at this historic school.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Any student may enter my class if they are third year or above. They will need to buy a copy of “Unfogging the Future” and “the Dream Oracle”. There will be five different lessons, one for each year able to take my class. Homework will be given weekly along with extra credit that will earn the students house points. Trivia questions may be a source of this extra credit. Students will begin with studying tea leaves in there third year and progress to Astrology and prophecies

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Est monte de Dieu

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have….THE SIGHT!!!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Yes

11.Anything else you would like to add: Thanks!!

Tabby507

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm
Tabby you have been approved for Divination! Go for it! [What house are you in?]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:12 pm
[Gryffindor]  

Tabby507

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:39 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

About a year.
2. How many posts have you made?

607 this will be my 608th!!!!!!
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

No. I tried to, but teaching took all my time in the classrooms subforum. I am going to try once more this year.
Potions

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Meteniera Scarborough
Est_monte_de_dieu

I LOVED it last year and the year before. And I think that my students enjoy my class.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Well, I'm going to be strict. I will make sure the students follow rules and are active, or they will be scratched from the list. I've made a curriculum, so they should have some fun lessons this year.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Tabby507

Experience. And an uncanny ability to learn from my mistakes. Last year I didn't have my lessons planned prior to teaching. This year I have them mapped out.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Of course. I'd love to substitute. That sounds like fun to me.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
I ♥ Potions!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:58 pm
cocosam
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Since December 28, 2008

2. How many posts have you made? 1,379

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I do the assignment the first I see it

First Choice: A History of Magic
Second Choice:Ancient Runes
5. Professor's name and user name: Professor Algorith [Professor Name Morgan], username: cocosam, first name: Sam

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Because I enjoy learning and teaching history classes or Language classes. My goal will to be provide a good class for students to learn about the required teaching to help them thrive in the wizardry world. If I get the job, this will also be my second term teaching A History of Magic.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class?: Homework assignments will be given out weekly, and I will help the students if they need any help with their work. Classwork might be given out too, and schedules exams will also be given out to test the students and get them ready for the final exams.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild.: Summer Breeze.

I have a lot of activeness. I'm on for about an hour or two each day, unless I have a tournament, and the knowledge of history.[And Summer Vacation is coming up!]
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class: I would love to if a teacher needed a substitute! Anything for the students!

11.Anything else you would like to add: I am a Ravenclaw, and history is my favorite subject in real life!

cocosam

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:03 pm
User Image
Katie (the student me, yes I know we're not supposed to be in here.) walked into the staff room, nervously. "Hello? Um, I know I shouldn't be in here, but I need Prof. Algorith, pronto. Is she in here?" She nervously pushed her stray hairs back into her odd but still intricate hairstyle. She clutched her letter. Heels clicking across the floor, she called again, "Prof. Algorith?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:15 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? since some time in the fall of 2007
2. How many posts have you made?1593

yes i have enrolled in DADA potions charms history of magic transfiguration divination and i have done very well in each of them
i am re applyiong for charms
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

i want to help the students with a better understanding of the charms and how they can use them to their benifit
my classes will be similar to last semseter i will have lessons with points there will be some practical rp ing of the spells there will be a quiz and a duel between the students using what haas already been learned there will be a 2 levels one for returning students and the other for new students
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
um i dont think i have any references so no i cant give any at this time
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: a will to be here and not disappear half way through the class and to try and help the students as much as possible

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
sure i would definately be willing to sub
11.Anything else you would like to add:im going to have lots of time for this so theres no chance of me disappearing

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:13 am
Est_monte_de_Dieu
cocosam
techpriest35

You're cleared to make your classes now. Keep in mind that classes begin Sept. 14. and end on Oct. 23.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 am
User Image
Professor Algorith looks up and sees a student asking for her. "Yes Katie? Do you have a question about something?"  

cocosam

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 pm
User Image
"Um... Yes." The third year walks over to the professor. "Um, it's kind of personal. Could we go to somewhere where we can't be overheard?" She asks.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games