Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 am
CuAnnan
Aino Ailill
Why does claiming the title 'Gael' mean the music ought to be more than fizz?

(I've never heard the word 'fizz' in relation to music. xD)

Because music is sacred to us.

So there aren't Gaelic drinking songs and the like? There aren't songs meant purely for their entertainment value?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 am
Aino Ailill
So there aren't Gaelic drinking songs and the like?

They are not written and sold as representative of the Gael.
Enya labels herself as something and thus attempts to represent it.
When she calls herself a Gael and creates alien languages to write in, or produces shite, it is misrepresenting the culture she comes from.
However, this isn't what I meant by fizz.

Aino Ailill
There aren't songs meant purely for their entertainment value?

Sure there are.

That's not the problem here.
Her music is derivative, formulaic and canned. That's the problem. It's fizz.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 am
CuAnnan
Aino Ailill

When she calls herself a Gael and creates alien languages to write in, or produces shite, it is misrepresenting the culture she comes from.

Aino Ailill

Sure there are.

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:01 am
Aino Ailill
CuAnnan
Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

Sure there are.

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification.

No worries.
There's also the point I raised about her wasting her talent. That's the big one.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kexita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:17 am
Alright. I am too shy to make a whole new post asking this question so I suppose I'll ask it here.

Out of body experiences. Is it possible to be...forced into them? When I was 17, I would wake up to find myself being dragged out of my body by the right leg. This happened about three days a week for a month. I couldn't move no matter how much i fought; nor could I look down at my leg to see what was pulling at it. What ended up happening is this "force" or whatever would force me to stand up through the bed and then start slowly dragging me through the floor.

scared the crap out of me. gonk Not only that but it didnt just happen at home. It happened when i spent the night at a friends house too. Right when this unseen....force thingy would be about to drag me completely through the floor, somehow i was magically able to yank my leg away. It wasn't easy though, that force thingy fought hard to hold on. But I'd eventually win. And I would get that "snap" type thing and fly back into my body with a thump.

Problem eventually went away. But my right leg hasn't felt the same ever since, and its been three years. My leg twitches violently when I am trying to sleep, and I can..."channel energy" (i think thats the right way to phrase it...?) to it much easier than any other limb in my body.

Ive researched and researched but the only theories I found were alien abductions (oh god) or being abducted by a black op from the government (again, WHAT?) im sorry, but those theories sound worse than fluff...they sound ludicrous. Not that I'm denying the possibility of alien existence.

I've constantly read that when you are having an OOBE, there is NOTHING that can hurt you. Is that true?! Is it just fluff? because it didnt feel true to me after that happened.

If i've said anything confusing or strange feel free to point it out. If theres some kind of fluff in what ive said feel to verbally destroy it. I've been trying to research odd aspects of life since I was 15, and I've only recently been figuring out how much of it was mis-informed, fluffy or just plain WRONG. its a bit discouraging really. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:32 am
First thing to always do is to check on possible mundane explanations. Have you ever experienced psychosis or do these incidents correlate to times of sleep deprivation?  

Recursive Paradox

Neamhain Riona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 am
Kexita

I've experienced the same thing. It's Psychosis. It's nothing supernatural. Your legs twitching? Go to the doctor and mention the leg twitching.

It can be scary the first few times of experiencing psychosis, but the trick is to relax and know that the rest of you is going to wake up soon. Panic makes it hurt and last longer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:16 am
What qualifies as psychosis? gonk  

Gho the Girl

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:05 pm
GuardianIceQueen
Kexita

I've experienced the same thing. It's Psychosis. It's nothing supernatural. Your legs twitching? Go to the doctor and mention the leg twitching.

It can be scary the first few times of experiencing psychosis, but the trick is to relax and know that the rest of you is going to wake up soon. Panic makes it hurt and last longer.

just because you've experienced something similar does not neccessarily mean that it's the same thing that is affecting the person in question. just saying.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:10 pm
Gho the Girl
What qualifies as psychosis? gonk

dilusions, illusions, hallucinations and losing touch with reality are common symptoms of psychosis, as i understand it.

but what if she isn't experiencing psychosis? (the only out of body experience i've ever had was when i had a really high fever, like i should have been at the hospital, so i really know very little on the subject.)  

whiporwill-o

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:39 am
whiporwill-o

but what if she isn't experiencing psychosis?

Then she should explore any other possible mundane explanations and should those explanations be exhausted without being applicable, she may then move into non mundane possibilities like haunting, extrasensory perceptions, interactions with a being or thing that doesn't operate based on the laws currently understand by science, etc etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:06 pm
Recursive Paradox
whiporwill-o

but what if she isn't experiencing psychosis?

Then she should explore any other possible mundane explanations and should those explanations be exhausted without being applicable, she may then move into non mundane possibilities like haunting, extrasensory perceptions, interactions with a being or thing that doesn't operate based on the laws currently understand by science, etc etc.

thanks 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

Kexita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm
I guess there's a possibility that it could have been psychosis, but at the same time that doesn't seem right. I wasn't under any emotional/physical/mental distress, nor was I sleep deprived. I was healthy, eating properly, exercising 3 times a week, not on any drugs or medication...it just...seems odd that psychosis would happen for no reason.

the only thing the experiences really had in common was that I wasn't *trying* to have an out of body experience.

Are there any other possible explanations besides psychosis? not saying anyone is wrong of course, im just looking for other possibilities.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 am
Kexita
I guess there's a possibility that it could have been psychosis, but at the same time that doesn't seem right. I wasn't under any emotional/physical/mental distress, nor was I sleep deprived. I was healthy, eating properly, exercising 3 times a week, not on any drugs or medication...it just...seems odd that psychosis would happen for no reason.

Well there's also the possibility that you have a neurological propensity for psychosis. Not all disorders with psychosis are extreme or very noticeable, and wouldn't necessarily have external triggers.

But in any case, it doesn't have to be psychosis. There are other avenues one should explore too. Falling asleep and having lucid dreams is a big one.  

Recursive Paradox

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games