Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:30 pm
Dr_lecter1988
lurichan
^_^ I'm glad. I read something about subforums, and another thing about dizzy wishing to start another guild. ^^* I find this guild takes up enough time to keep me busy personally.

Yeah, Subforums aren't too bad, But i think Dizzy should divide up the subforums for us to moderate so we're not too overwhelmed because of how fast this guild is growing. . and what type of guild does she want to create now?

There is a thread about it. ^^* She was looking for ideas on a new guild.

The guild is growing rather quickly now though, and people are posting a lot more frequently then they used to. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:35 pm
it is, It's getting rather populated. I've been looking at the new threads as they pop up, and we're startign to get redundant threads, and we didn't use to have that problem. i'm getting annoyed personally by the amount of poetry threads that are popping up.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:36 pm
Dr_lecter1988
it is, It's getting rather populated. I've been looking at the new threads as they pop up, and we're startign to get redundant threads, and we didn't use to have that problem. i'm getting annoyed personally by the amount of poetry threads that are popping up.

I understand that people like to share, and that is a good thing, but it does get a little sad that so many people refuse to obey the rules and just start making their own thread because they feel they won't get heard any other way. ^^*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:40 pm
True, very true. I'm currently debatign doing mod duties and cleaning up the back threads that are out of date, or studyign for my midterm tomorrow. im mor inclined to the first one.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:42 pm
What subject is your midterm on?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:43 pm
lurichan

humanities effect on the 0Global environment, and how we can help stop the degredation.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:46 pm
Dr_lecter1988
lurichan

humanities effect on the 0Global environment, and how we can help stop the degredation.

The only way we could really stop is if we gave up our dependance on fossil fuels, converted over to solar/hydrolyic, and wind power, and no longer processed all of our foods and used so many chemicals and adatives in everything that doesnt' break down over the years, and fills up our land fills with countless junk.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:48 pm
yeah but the human want for consumption assures that that is mor eor less impossible due to the amount of politicians with Oil Backgrounds. (Hydrogen would be a good alternative fuelsource too)  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:49 pm
So the true secret is to kill all politicians, throw the world into anarchy, and live by survivial of the fittest. ^^*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:50 pm
lurichan
So the true secret is to kill all politicians, throw the world into anarchy, and live by survivial of the fittest. ^^*

TRue Anarchy would be a wonderful state, But Due to Human NAture, we're all too stupid so the smart would rule over the dumb and then the roles would eventually be reverse and government would be formed.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:54 pm
People with intelligence don't always know how to make the grand promises that sound good on paper, but in reality are just a ploy to placate the masses, so a smart leader would eventually be replaced by a deceptive one that makes things sound better. Tis the folly of man to see the best in people, and show the worst in themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:56 pm
lurichan
People with intelligence don't always know how to make the grand promises that sound good on paper, but in reality are just a ploy to placate the masses, so a smart leader would eventually be replaced by a deceptive one that makes things sound better. Tis the folly of man to see the best in people, and show the worst in themselves.

How sad the truth is, and then we blind ourselves to it.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:57 pm
I don't know if you've seen Evita, but there is a song about how she turns a blind eye to all the pain and suffering of the people because she is on top now and just doesn't care about everyone else that she stepped on the backs of to get there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:59 pm
lurichan
I don't know if you've seen Evita, but there is a song about how she turns a blind eye to all the pain and suffering of the people because she is on top now and just doesn't care about everyone else that she stepped on the backs of to get there.
no i haven't but i'll go rent it at some point.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 pm
It's not exactly the best movie in the world really, but it is an interesting look at how people can be horrid and wretched once they get what they want really. Eva Peron was considered a hero to the people of argentina because she had risen from the much and became much more than most, but instead of really helping the people in some instances when she could have, she spent time working on her image and making herself look better. ~_~  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games