Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dasair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 pm
*calls to Loki* "Oh master, how can I serve you? I'll do anything you ask of me!"

^ That has got to be one of the worst things you can do. Ever. rofl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:07 am
"Pagan and neo-pagan are, unbeknownst to you, completely different things. One is a recognized religion, the other is not recognized by any pagan path."  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:31 am
Henry Dorsett Case
"Pagan and neo-pagan are, unbeknownst to you, completely different things. One is a recognized religion, the other is not recognized by any pagan path."

Where did this come from?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:13 am
jaden kendam
Henry Dorsett Case

Bit of a paraphrase of Tzander.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:09 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24953805&page=5

Dusk Crusher Chaos Wrote:

Believe it or not, Wicca came before Christianity. It's been classified as one of the first religions, in that it's been directly adapted from what is known as Shamanism. This was one of the first religions.

Throughout a book called "Wicca," written by Scott Cunningham, it is stated several times that Wicca came before Christianity.

Back when Christianity was rising within the empire, Wicca and Shamanism two of the most common religions practiced. Imagine how difficult it must be to begin a religion, when you've already got dominant religions in set. Christmas has already been disproven to have been Jesus' birthday. A quote from "Wicca" :

~The Goddess gives birth to a son, the God, at Yule (Circa December 21). This is in no way an adaptation of Christianity. The winter solstice has long been viewed as a time of divine birth. Mithras was said to have been born at this time. The Christians simply adopted it for their use in 273 C.E. (Common Era).~ "Wicca", by Scott Cunningham. Page 67.

I could read from seven more days of power, most of which have been adopted and modified by christianity, but...That's taking alot of web-page.

I must also add that my opinion is slightly biased, because I am Wicca. You're right, in the presumption that it will be defended with utmost ferocity. I will defend it to the death. But I will not speak ill of you for your opinion, other than to say that, through the quest that I've endured in an attempt to find my religion, I have become somewhat of a theologist. I'm not gloating, but...Maybe you should take a step back, clear your head, and open your mind to other religions. Because opening an argument just because you don't agree with it is immature. There's all bias and feeling. No facts. I can tell you didn't do any research before you thought this up.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:41 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
jaden kendam
Henry Dorsett Case

Bit of a paraphrase of Tzander.
O geeze, I wish he'd get some history lessens gonk  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

wikkedpixie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:10 am
Are you agood witch or a bad witch?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:30 am
Kalyani Srijoi
"I think it's kind of sad that they took the Druid's holiday for driving out the snakes and named it after St. Patrick. That's so typical - the Church taking credit for all the things the ancient Wiccans did."

eek This one nearly killed me. From school, not the forum.

Not to sound stupid redface but did they really do that?  

wikkedpixie

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 am
wikkedpixie

Oh oh oh there is only one way to answer that and it is to do it in kind and see if they get it.

"Are you agood witch or a bad witch?" asked Glenda.
" Why, I'm not a Witch at all" replied Dorthy.

but really Wicked and son of a witch ftw.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:16 am
wikkedpixie
Kalyani Srijoi
"I think it's kind of sad that they took the Druid's holiday for driving out the snakes and named it after St. Patrick. That's so typical - the Church taking credit for all the things the ancient Wiccans did."

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

and there were no acient wiccans in Ireland,
Wiccan is fairly new here and gets an awful lot of flack for 'hijacking' irish pagan spirituality.  

ShadowSharrow

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 am
ShadowSharrow
wikkedpixie
Kalyani Srijoi

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

and there were no acient wiccans in Ireland,
Wiccan is fairly new here and gets an awful lot of flack for 'hijacking' irish pagan spirituality.

Damn Wiccans. We need us a good ol' fashioned witch barbeque like they had back in Salem.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:10 pm
jaden kendam

Damn Wiccans. We need us a good ol' fashioned witch barbeque like they had back in Salem.

I never said i agreed with that sentiment merely noted it happens.  

ShadowSharrow

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:10 am
ShadowSharrow
jaden kendam

I never said i agreed with that sentiment merely noted it happens.

Um... Jaden was being facetious.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:06 pm
/me reads statement again.

but but but there weren't any smilie faces..... and I only had one cup of coffee. xd  

ShadowSharrow

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:33 pm
wikkedpixie

or worse

Idiot Witch #1: Im a Witch

Idiot fluffy Pagan: Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

idiot witch #1: Im a good one of course

Idiot witch #2: Im a White Witch

Idiot fluffy Pagan: So a good witch is a white witch then?

Idiot Witch #2: Yeah thats it

Idiot fluffy Pagan: So you do either of you curse

Idiot Witch #2: ******** No!

Idiot Witch #1: Yes I do

Idiot fluffy Pagan: But you said you were a good Witch

Idiot Witch #1: But Im not white or black Im Grey

Idiot fluffy Pagan: Are there other colours?

How long could this conversation go on for??? xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games