Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 pm
One, I wasn't talking to you tea. Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still. They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished. Maybe you should get out of your own views for a second here tea, and try to see it from the view of somebody else. You aren't even trying to understand my words and apparently you like to choose little bits and pieces of what I say in order to make yourself sound better. Look at my words as a whole, not little phrases.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still. They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished.

It seems you fail to realize that these individuals still claim to represent the religion or organization WHILE committing these acts, and thus they're harming more than just their victims.  

Lance Kibagari

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:06 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
One, I wasn't talking to you tea. Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still. They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished.

As Lance has pointed out, not really.
A few loud extremists, and soon EVERYONE is painting (for example) Muslims as jihad-focused bombers. And the majority of Muslims aren't even close. But, that doesn't keep them from suffering under the stereotypes that have been latched on to by the public.
Quote:
Maybe you should get out of your own views for a second here tea, and try to see it from the view of somebody else. You aren't even trying to understand my words and apparently you like to choose little bits and pieces of what I say in order to make yourself sound better. Look at my words as a whole, not little phrases.

I don't know Tea personally, but I can't imagine her even wanting to see things from your view neutral
Perhaps you should take your own advice and see things from ours? Hm?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:06 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
One, I wasn't talking to you tea.
Misspell my name again and I will consider it trolling.

Quote:

Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still.
Actually, they aren't. See, that's why we have silly little things like the RICO Laws, but then, if you knew what the hell you were talking about, you'd be aware of the legal implications of guilt by association.
Quote:

They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished.
As will those who facilitate them.

Quote:
You aren't even trying to understand my words and apparently you like to choose little bits and pieces of what I say in order to make yourself sound better. Look at my words as a whole, not little phrases.
Your words are your words. The fact that most of them are thoughtless, and that you don't even try and correct yourself half the time, nor address the legitimate contentions with your assertions or even give a second thought to the oaths you have broken is plain to see.

But hey- stick around. This is a Fluffy Rehabilitation Center after all. It'll be good for you to learn about being responsible.  

TeaDidikai

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 pm
I know this. Quite well in fact. But the actions of which individuals do comes down to that individual, not the group. If all the white supremacists, racists, homophobes, and so on were to do something as one, then I would be at the front lines to take them down. I would even do the paperwork to change my MOS to infantry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:10 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I don't know Tea personally, but I can't imagine her even wanting to see things from your view neutral
Naw. To be fair, I can see things from his side. I just don't pretend that all the ******** up s**t isn't there.

See, all this would actually be resolved if he did the following:

1) Admitted that his appeals to authority as a soldier (or the red herring) is fallacious.

2) Stopped trying to suggest that standing by silently while allowing other people to do ******** up s**t was protected by the Constitution.

3) Critically examined his positions.

4) In review of those positions, he actually conceded and apologized for the horrific mutilation of the positions he attempted to justify.

5) Renounced his oathbreaking and took a stand against silently consenting to people spreaking lies that could endanger others.

Lastly, taking responsibility for his fluffyism and trying to get help for it... but I don't have a whole lot of hope for that one.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
But the actions of which individuals do comes down to that individual, not the group.
The US Constitution that authorizes the Judaical branch to interpret the RICO act as outlined by Congress and passed by the President as authorized by the US Constitution says you're wrong.

Quote:
If all the white supremacists, racists, homophobes, and so on were to do something as one, then I would be at the front lines to take them down.
Your words give me just cause to doubt that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I know this. Quite well in fact. But the actions of which individuals do comes down to that individual, not the group. If all the white supremacists, racists, homophobes, and so on were to do something as one, then I would be at the front lines to take them down. I would even do the paperwork to change my MOS to infantry.

I have to call bullshit.
I'm not sure how old you were at the time, but I distinctly remember being told that because of the few who orchestrated the 9/11 attacks, to call police if we noticed anyone suspicious who looked Arabic around public buildings. Suspicious white man? No worries. Suspicious Hispanic? Eh, maybe, if the cops were bored. An Arabic man? HOLY s**t CALL OUT THE SWAT, THE BOMB SQUAD CALL THE CIA AND FBI. Random Arabic men who lived as decent citizens and never raised a concern before were suddenly dragged into police stations for questioning, being held without bail, even shipped off to Gitmo.
I also remember hearing that because of the government situation is a couple of the -stan countries, that ALL women under Islam were oppressed and mistreated and honor killings were the norm. Western Muslimahs suffered being verbally battered for "choosing to be oppressed" and "liberated" from it. Husbands were wrongly accused and imprisoned for abuse and mistreatment that never ******** happened.

So, you CAN NOT sit there with a straight face and in good conscious and tell me that it's only the ******** individual that pays for extremist actions.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

Naw. To be fair, I can see things from his side. I just don't pretend that all the ******** up s**t isn't there.

See, all this would actually be resolved if he did the following:

1) Admitted that his appeals to authority as a soldier (or the red herring) is fallacious.

2) Stopped trying to suggest that standing by silently while allowing other people to do ******** up s**t was protected by the Constitution.

3) Critically examined his positions.

4) In review of those positions, he actually conceded and apologized for the horrific mutilation of the positions he attempted to justify.

5) Renounced his oathbreaking and took a stand against silently consenting to people spreaking lies that could endanger others.

Lastly, taking responsibility for his fluffyism and trying to get help for it... but I don't have a whole lot of hope for that one.

Maybe the defibfluff paddles will help?
Charging....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:17 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I have to call bullshit.
I'm not sure how old you were at the time, but I distinctly remember being told that because of the few who orchestrated the 9/11 attacks, to call police if we noticed anyone suspicious who looked Arabic around public buildings. Suspicious white man? No worries. Suspicious Hispanic? Eh, maybe, if the cops were bored. An Arabic man? HOLY s**t CALL OUT THE SWAT, THE BOMB SQUAD CALL THE CIA AND FBI. Random Arabic men who lived as decent citizens and never raised a concern before were suddenly dragged into police stations for questioning, being held without bail, even shipped off to Gitmo.
I also remember hearing that because of the government situation is a couple of the -stan countries, that ALL women under Islam were oppressed and mistreated and honor killings were the norm. Western Muslimahs suffered being verbally battered for "choosing to be oppressed" and "liberated" from it. Husbands were wrongly accused and imprisoned for abuse and mistreatment that never ******** happened.

So, you CAN NOT sit there with a straight face and in good conscious and tell me that it's only the ******** individual that pays for extremist actions.
Seconded.

Also? Did you see the pieces about the arrest of that African American Culture Professor in Cambraige? HOLY ******** folks, if you're black and you have a problem with getting into your house after a long trip, it can get you arrested.  

TeaDidikai

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:17 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo
One, I wasn't talking to you tea. Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still. They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished.

As Lance has pointed out, not really.
A few loud extremists, and soon EVERYONE is painting (for example) Muslims as jihad-focused bombers. And the majority of Muslims aren't even close. But, that doesn't keep them from suffering under the stereotypes that have been latched on to by the public.
Quote:
Maybe you should get out of your own views for a second here tea, and try to see it from the view of somebody else. You aren't even trying to understand my words and apparently you like to choose little bits and pieces of what I say in order to make yourself sound better. Look at my words as a whole, not little phrases.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and see things from ours? Hm?
I've been trying to, but the fact that Tea has been questioning so much as my very humanity has been quite distracting. And before you go around and question people on what kind of person they are, get to know them a bit first. As I do recall I was simply stating what I've learned from others and got yelled at quite offensively by others. I am the 7th generation of soldier on my father's side, so I know what I'm actually doing. Know me before you yell at me. Before you question something like my humanity. This goes out to all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:19 pm
TeaDidikai
Seconded.

Also? Did you see the pieces about the arrest of that African American Culture Professor in Cambraige? HOLY ******** folks, if you're black and you have a problem with getting into your house after a long trip, it can get you arrested.

If you look poor, too. I've nearly gotten arrested trying to get into my own house, at one point.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:23 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I've been trying to, but the fact that Tea has been questioning so much as my very humanity has been quite distracting.
When you suggest you fight for the right for assholes to rape little children, it's a justifiable stance to question you.
Quote:

And before you go around and question people on what kind of person they are, get to know them a bit first.
Don't have to. I can question anything that deserves it. Suggesting that you are fighting in order to protect people who break the law is a good thing to question.

Quote:

As I do recall I was simply stating what I've learned from others and got yelled at quite offensively by others.
What you learned is wrong. You promised when you signed the Terms of Service not to promote inaccurate information that could harm a child. That makes you an oathbreaker.

And rather than apologize for it, you continue to try and justify it. "All I was doing was..." not, "Hoshit! I had no idea that XYZ happens."

Further, you don't retract it, you don't correct it- you claim you can't correct others because they aren't of the religion you are.

Quote:
I am the 7th generation of soldier on my father's side, so I know what I'm actually doing.
Apparently not. You're an oathbreaker and a dishonor to the words you swore when you put on that uniform because rather than upholding the actual Constitution, you want to mock it by misrepresenting it.
Quote:

Know me before you yell at me.
I know your words. I question your words. I know your actions through your words.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:23 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I've been trying to, but the fact that Tea has been questioning so much as my very humanity has been quite distracting.

Why?
Do you consider it a negative thing to reconsider your beliefs and stances when it is pointed out that they might be inconsistent and faulty?
Quote:
And before you go around and question people on what kind of person they are, get to know them a bit first.

First impressions determine if I want to spend the energy getting to know you better.
I don't think I do.
Quote:
As I do recall I was simply stating what I've learned from others and got yelled at quite offensively by others. I am the 7th generation of soldier on my father's side, so I know what I'm actually doing. Know me before you yell at me. Before you question something like my humanity. This goes out to all.

Please. Please please please stop throwing in "I'm a solider" into your posts. I don't care. You're not special for it. Being a solider doesn't exempt you from criticism or critical thinking, and shame on you if you think it does.
You were not yelled at. It was pointed out how blindly following the words of someone because they arbitrarily have "elder" status may not be a good idea. Forgive us for the advice. Next time we'll let you play in the busy highway.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:24 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
If you look poor, too. I've nearly gotten arrested trying to get into my own house, at one point.
Or getting into your own car too. Had that one happen.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games